Dior Addict Lip Glow Color Reviver Balm

OCTINOXATE (ETHYLHEXYLMETHOXYCINNAMATE) 7.50 %, C10-30 CHOLESTEROL/LANOSTEROL ESTERS, DIISOSTEARYL MALATE, BIS-DIGLYCERYL POLYACYLADIPATE-2, PHYTOSTERYL/OCTYLDODECYL LAUROYL GLUTAMATE, SYNTHETIC BEESWAX, DIMER DILINOLEYL DIMER DILINOLEATE, OCTYLDODECANOL, OZOKERITE, ETHYLHEXYLPALMITATE, C20-40 ALCOHOLS, POLYETHYLENE, IRVINGIA GABONENSIS KERNEL BUTTER, HYDROGENATED COCO-GLYCERIDES, DECYLOXAZOLIDINONE, TRIBEHENIN, PARFUM (FRAGRANCE), LUFFA CYLINDRICA SEED OIL, BHT, SORBITAN ISOSTEARATE, VANILLIN, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, TOCOPHEROL, BENZYL ALCOHOL, PALMITOYL OLIGOPEPTIDE, TOCOPHEROL, PROPYLGALLATE [ /-: CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE), CI 45380 (RED 21, RED 21 LAKE), CI 45410 (RED 27, RED 27 LAKE, RED 28 LAKE), CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (IRON OXIDES), MICA, CI 15850 (RED 6, RED 6 LAKE, RED 7, RED 7 LAKE), CI 75470 (CARMINE)].

on 11/12/2014 1:31:00 PM

First, let me point out that this is a product made by a luxury brand. If the price point is going to bother you, don't buy it. You'll be so concerned with your wallet that you won't be able to relax enough to enjoy it for what it is. It's an adorable gimmicky lip balm by Dior. That said, I love it. I take it with me whenever I travel, it's my first go to for a color lip balm. I love it because the packaging makes me feel feminine whenever I use it, I love it for the subtle color it gives my lips (a not quite natural pink that isn't obnoxious). I love the smooth creamy texture that's similar to a lipstick. I lucked out in having the kind of pH that doesn't react strangely with the balm chemistry, but I've read that doesn't always happen. Final verdict: If you have $30+ you don't mind burning, try it. I certainly don't regret it.

on 10/24/2014 8:30:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I bought this because I had heard good things about it from friends, but having now used about half of the tube over the last few weeks, I can say with certainty that I will never repurchase it and I'm not sure I will even finish the tube that I have.

The product smells and feels pleasant enough--it's smooth on the lips and feels somewhat moisturizing--but the packaging is rather bulky and the balm turns my lips fuschia. I was hoping for a natural-looking brightening effect, but not fuschia. I've been trying to use this up by wearing it around the house, but it looks so clownish on me that I'm embarrassed to wear it in front of my husband, even. It's also extremely overpriced, in my opinion (and I LOVE expensive makeup).

on 10/17/2014 12:47:00 PM

Loved the texture and color, feels moisturizing. Purchased due to good reviews online and in-store.

Love it for all the reasons above however, none of the above seem to last for me any longer than burts bees or other popular chapstick/gloss. After an hour of just sitting in my car not eating or drinking I looked in the mirror and it was basically gone. Not sure how it lasted up to 4 hours for some people because it definitely does not for me. If you use it daily and re-apply you run out Very quickly.

Overall, I love but the cost too high as it does not last and runs out quickly, not worthwhile but a nice treat.

on 10/11/2014 12:25:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I really love this lip balm but I typically never spend this kind of money on lipstick of any kind. My friend said to try it and honestly, her lips turned a strange pink so I was skeptical. It's my understanding that it's supposed to turn your lips into the color of your inside lip near your gums.

I am aging and my lips are dull and colorless, but with this, I love the color MY lips turned and I do like the consistency and feel of the balm. IMO, it's magic!

The problem I have is that if I want to use this often (and I do), I can't justify the price because it will run out too soon and I will keep buying $33 lip balm and I just can't afford that. I probably will use it less frequently than I really wish just so I don't keep spending so much. I hope someone dupes it soon!

on 10/7/2014 10:32:00 PM

I really wanted to love this.

the packaging is so pretty and it's nice enough to bring out with you on a date BUT that's about all it does.

if you're looking for a lip balm to revive your lips, you're better off with the drugstore buys like Nivea. this lip balm did nothing for my perennially dry lips (i was smoking quite a fair bit when I bought this so to be fair, i contributed to the first couple of disastrous encounters) and now that i'm no longer smoking, i have brought this out with me on a few occasions and it's never failed to let me down - dragging it across my lips isn't all that fun and given my latest move to smaller bags, i've decided to save my makeup bag real estate and stick to the tried and true 4 dollar lip balms.

color wise, it was quite pretty AFTER i had applied another lip balm as a base first but who really needs TWO lip balms?

on 10/4/2014 5:52:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

My first high end makeup product ever. My husband bought me this as a gift a while ago from his oversea trip. I like the texture, it's thick so it lasts longer on the lips than any usual lipbalm. I also like how it enhance my lip color since mine is so pale amd this lip balm creates a natural pink glow. However I don't have any intention to buy this product on my own. For the benefits I get, it is still far too expensive for a lipbalm. Moreover, maybelline lip baby pink glow, which costs only 10% of this dior's price, can give nearly the same effect, except the lasting power and moisture thickness. The only thing that makes this product is superior than the maybelline is the beautiul packaging. It makes me feel sexy everytime I grab this from my clutch and apply it onto the lip, lol!

on 9/23/2014 5:42:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

I was reading how great this lip balm is but then I decided to try it. In my opinion:
Pros:
- Cute packaging
Cons:
- Very expensive ($33)
- Feels way too creamy (feels like I used vaseline on my lips)
- After few minutes my lips started to sting....
- And after 20 min when I looked in a mirror, my lips were bright red!
(Omg, I thought it's a lip balm but it turned my lips into red color (I do not like red lipsticks). I thought it will be lightly pigmented with pink... I guess my lips are too pigmented naturally? Not sure what happened.

on 9/10/2014 5:20:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

i was so hoping to love this. but its just not the case. i wanted the "color change" everyone talks about because its supposed to work with your body chemistry and ph. but on me, there was a very faint color that was a patchy pink. almost like i just got done eating a cherry popsicle but not as bright.. i could see how this might work beautifully on someone else but for me its a dud.
as for the moisturizng it works wonderful but id rather just buy a fresh lip treatment for that. and even though the packaging is so adorable i cant justify keeping this.

on 9/7/2014 6:28:00 PM

Best balm out there! Great product. Hydrates lips perfectly. Not sticky. Lips are soft with this product. Expensive balm but it is great. Plus, it has this cute pink shade that is very suiting.

on 9/7/2014 4:32:00 PM

This is my new favorite lip balm. It moisturizes and puts the prettiest pink color on my lips. Will definitely reorder when this runs out.

Popular Lip Treatments