October 26, 2014 | 978 users online

Hair Color - Wella - Color Charm White Lady Toner

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2012 3:22:00 AM More reviews by ChristinaSteckler

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

After spending tons of time and money on this and bleaching products, I finally got to experience the results everyone was talking about. I bleached my hair with Ion Color Brilliance Creme Lightener with a 40 vol developer, left it on about 45 min, and then toned with this toner and a 40 vol developer. Before, I would leave this toner on for 30 min, and my hair would be grey and lilac tinted, which washed out after a few washes, but was never truly platinum. This time, I left it in for only about 5 min, more so on the roots than the ends, and it TONED IT WONDERFULLY. I had a few lilac streaks here and there, but they were gone the next wash. My hair is now platinum/white blonde. The trick is to bleach your hair to a truly pale yellow stage. If you rinse it and find some spots still brassy, you can apply some and just wait like three min and then rinse it out again and it should be even. Wella Color Charm T18 is the nest toner I have ever used, and the only I will continue to use.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2012 10:13:00 PM More reviews by babyknife

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Been using this toner for years on my platinum hair. My holy grail product.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/20/2012 12:46:00 PM More reviews by aljeca

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Wellll I wouldn't say this made a *huge* difference on my hair, but I may have not used in to its full potential. I have bleached highlights (one application of bleach) that were quite yellow the day I got them done (at a salon). I picked the Wella T18 up from Sally after reading about it on here. The lady at the store told me to only leave it on for 5-10 minutes to avoid having grey hair. Well, I left it on for 8 minutes (as another reviewer said worked well for her) and while the highlights weren't AS yellow they're still not the colour I want them to be. I'm wondering if this is because a) my highlights have only been bleached once or b) because I didn't leave the toner on my hair long enough to take effect. I didn't wait for the toner to turn that dark purple colour in my hair or in the bottle before applying... Could that be it? Anyway - I was expecting this to be more expensive than it was, and I likely will repurchase and try again after my next bleaching session.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2012 12:41:00 AM More reviews by TiffanyDior

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I live for wella color charm after using this product one time! I absolutly love the way it applied to my hair effortlessly. I was a little scared to leave it in to long cause I had herd horror stories about peoples hair turning grey and purple, but it did exactly what is was supposed to do and deposit enough violet tones to make my hair not look yellow, but more white. I really like this product

rated 2 of 5 on 5/18/2012 9:09:00 AM More reviews by ahockenbrouch

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product works all right. I bleached my hair, then washed with shimmer lights purple shampoo. I left that on for 15 minutes, then put the toner in for about 10 minutes. I STRONGLY recommend a porosity equalizer with this stuff. The ends of my hair were seriously purple for about a week. Now they are a kind of dull silver grey. The rest of my hair turned out exactly how I wanted, so I have to say the product works well. The mistake was my fault, I assumed my hair would be fine since I had just gotten a couple inches taken off the ends, but it was not. Learn from my lesson and make sure your hair is equally porous throughout. The reason I only gave this 3 stars and wouldn't buy it again is because it doesn't do anything for your hair except balance brassiness. The color is dull and flat. It gave my hair no shine or silkiness. In the future I will stick with lines from joico, schwartkopf, alfaparf, davines.... who sell violet correctors that can be mixed into their glossy colors or clear glosses. For anyone who doesn't have the same problem with dullness I do, this is a perfectly easy solution for perfect butter cream colored hair.
**EDIT** only about two weeks, and maybe 5 or 6 washings later and the toner is completely gone. Now my hair is as brassy as when I washed the bleach out. I use very gentle, sulfate free shampoo and color preserving products. I haven't had this happen with another brand.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2012 2:53:00 PM More reviews by paulinapwns

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i LOVE this toner. when i read all the reviews i ran to get some right away. When i first used it, it turned my hair a little too purple, so i assumed it was because my hair was just a tad bit shy of being light enough. So i waited a month or so & bleached my hair again for a little bit & when i used it again it worked its magic on my hair & now i have Snow White hair!! i only left it on for about 5ish minutes, it wasnt too long. i also use Shimmer Lights purple shampoo with it to brighten it up some more.
i've noticed that when my hair is wet it looks light purple but when it dries it turns white, so don't freak out if you wash it off & your hair looks purple, just wait til it dries.
the 2nd best part about this toner besides its amazing-ness is the price, i found a beauty store by my house that sells it for $3.99!!
that is so cheap compared to manic panic, which is pretty pricey for something that doesnt work.

oh & idk if this will help any, but i probably should also add that i used Prism Lites Violet bleach when i bleached my hair for one last time before i used the toner. since my hair was already platinum, the violet based bleach really helped with tone down the brasiness to prep for the toner

rated 3 of 5 on 3/10/2012 4:49:00 PM More reviews by kateapatchett

I had just bleached my hair recently..it turned out yellow-y, which is normal, so I read that I should use T18. & I did, twice! It still did nothing to my hair. I want SILVER hair. It turned the ends of my hair silvery, which is nice, but nothing to the rest. I have pretty long hair, so I don't understand why it just held on the ends.
Maybe I didn't follow the directions correctly? I used developer & did what the instructions told me to do. The first time I left it on for a little less than ten minutes; not much happened, just the silver ends of my hair. The second time I left on for about twenty minutes, still no effect but the silver ends. It did remove the yellow brassiness that the bleach did, but I want silver hair! Is there anything I'm doing wrong? Should I leave it in longer?
In that case, I've heard some people are getting white hair from this product. If my hair just doesn't want to be silver, how can I go about going white?
Please & thank you!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2012 11:15:00 AM More reviews by RMD1483

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I 100% reccomend this for someone who wants a platinum look.

Personally, this is way too difficult to keep up. The color I normally use was out and I decided to try this. I usually go for a "cool" neutral blonde ...

My natural hair is medium mousey brown, fine and very curly. I have fair to medium skin color ( I don't usually burn unless I'm in direct sun for over 45min w/out sunscreen ) I have light blue eyes...
My cut is just at the shoulders (blunt) and I straighten it.

Back to the color results,
I left it in for 15 minutes only because of the blue/violet undertone it contains...
I use violet Not blue in the past.

The blue will give an Icy Platinum ... If left on too long, could look silver.

Overall, I love Wella Color Charm... It completely removes brass, very gentle considering
what I do to my hair on a daily basis.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2012 9:54:00 PM More reviews by taralynn36

I bought this solely off of these reviews and I must say MUA didn't let me down. I had light to medium blonde hair (9N) that I recently lowlighted with a 5N (Light Neutral Brown). I decided that I didn't like being that dark and in some part because I've been reading a biography on Marilyn Monroe, I decided to go platinum. My first step was cutting 3 inches off my hair to right at my shoulders. Then I bleached it for about 15 minutes with Quick Blue and Ion's 30v developer. I really didn't leave it in long enough because the back and where I had lowlights didn't lighten quite enough. They turned out more yellow. Then I used this with Ion's 20 developer and left it on a little more than 10 minutes. I really couldn't do it any longer than that or it would get purple tinge. It does look really good, lighter than I have ever had it, just a hair darker than Gwen Stefani. The lowlighted areas are still a little yellow but I hope with using the Shimmerlights and I have Roux White Minx that it will fade in time. I noticed a little damage and elasticity when I combed it but I plan on doing an Apoghee protein treatment before I wash it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2012 10:07:00 PM More reviews by RavenOctober

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have used this shade many times,and I absolutely love it! It always tones any trace of yellow in my hair,and makes it a perfectly cool,platinum blonde. Also, the shade has not been discontinued;it was renamed. T18 is no longer known as White Lady;it's now called Lightest Ash Blonde. This toner is very gentle on my hair,and my hair is a bit on the damaged side. I recommend this very much.