April 19, 2014 | 1803 users online

Hair Color - Wella - Color Charm White Lady Toner

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2012 11:15:00 AM More reviews by RMD1483

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I 100% reccomend this for someone who wants a platinum look.

Personally, this is way too difficult to keep up. The color I normally use was out and I decided to try this. I usually go for a "cool" neutral blonde ...

My natural hair is medium mousey brown, fine and very curly. I have fair to medium skin color ( I don't usually burn unless I'm in direct sun for over 45min w/out sunscreen ) I have light blue eyes...
My cut is just at the shoulders (blunt) and I straighten it.

Back to the color results,
I left it in for 15 minutes only because of the blue/violet undertone it contains...
I use violet Not blue in the past.

The blue will give an Icy Platinum ... If left on too long, could look silver.

Overall, I love Wella Color Charm... It completely removes brass, very gentle considering
what I do to my hair on a daily basis.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2012 9:54:00 PM More reviews by taralynn36

I bought this solely off of these reviews and I must say MUA didn't let me down. I had light to medium blonde hair (9N) that I recently lowlighted with a 5N (Light Neutral Brown). I decided that I didn't like being that dark and in some part because I've been reading a biography on Marilyn Monroe, I decided to go platinum. My first step was cutting 3 inches off my hair to right at my shoulders. Then I bleached it for about 15 minutes with Quick Blue and Ion's 30v developer. I really didn't leave it in long enough because the back and where I had lowlights didn't lighten quite enough. They turned out more yellow. Then I used this with Ion's 20 developer and left it on a little more than 10 minutes. I really couldn't do it any longer than that or it would get purple tinge. It does look really good, lighter than I have ever had it, just a hair darker than Gwen Stefani. The lowlighted areas are still a little yellow but I hope with using the Shimmerlights and I have Roux White Minx that it will fade in time. I noticed a little damage and elasticity when I combed it but I plan on doing an Apoghee protein treatment before I wash it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2012 10:07:00 PM More reviews by RavenOctober

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have used this shade many times,and I absolutely love it! It always tones any trace of yellow in my hair,and makes it a perfectly cool,platinum blonde. Also, the shade has not been discontinued;it was renamed. T18 is no longer known as White Lady;it's now called Lightest Ash Blonde. This toner is very gentle on my hair,and my hair is a bit on the damaged side. I recommend this very much.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/8/2012 1:58:00 AM More reviews by Supbeeautiful

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this because it was recommended by one of the girls at Sally's since she said it should take out the brassiness of my hair. I did research on it and everything. A lot of people swear by it, raved about it, and it really worked for them. Unfortunately, it did NOT WORK for my hair. It did not take the brassiness out.. my hair still has yellow/gold tints and it's still brassy. I was really hoping this would work. I also used the Clairol Shimmer Lights shampoo. Did not work either. I'm very disappointed and sad!

I followed the instructions on the back of the box. A lot of people said leave it on for 10 minutes... I left it on for 10 minutes but I didn't see any color change so I left it on for longer (about 30 minutes), rinsed it out, still brassy.

Although, the wella t18 did tone down my hair A LITTLE. Very very little. But the brassiness is still 100% noticeable.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2011 2:36:00 PM More reviews by GreenEyedBlonde23

So I was nervous when they changed the product and packaging (no longer says white lady) but I took a gamble and used it anyways. And it worked the same for me. I use Loreal Feria Extra bleach Blonding. Then I use the wella T118 toner and my hair turned out the perfect color that I was going for. If you keep it on too long it will make your hair a silver-purple color. I wouldnt leave it on longer than 10 minutes. Especially if you are going for the platinum/bleach blonde. I usually leave it on between 8-10 minutes. and if you do have a silver/purple tone in your hair while its still wet then use dish soap in your hair and it should pull the purple out. I live by this stuff!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/9/2011 7:59:00 PM More reviews by sweetkt26

I used this last night on my bleached hair with a 10 volume developer and my hair is grayish purple. I bought it at Karen's Beauty Supply and the girl there told me to leave it in for 15-20 minutes. I look like a senior citizen. Can anyone offer some advice on how to correct this? I want to cry.

There is a tip below that lemon juice will help and I have read in a few forums that putting ketchup on my hair will help too. Any comments?

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2011 5:17:00 AM More reviews by cutie19999

I am DEVASTATED! (sorry for the drama) BUT - I have been sporting the platinum blonde look for 4 months now.

Although it's a totally high maintenance look, I love it! After much - MUCH - trial and error I found a bleach and toner (T18WL) that I can count on with beautiful results. The current crisis is this - I went out yesterday to get my monthly supplies (Sallys Beauty) and went to grab my T18WL when I noticed the box had changed. It said T18, but no longer said White Lady on it - it had the words "ASH" printed on the box! Ash terrifies me! I stay away from all color products with the word in it! So the sales woman talked me into an entirely different line of bleach products and a Color Balance Ion Creme something (DISASTER!) I had to rebleach my hair and it's in SAD SAD condition! Can someone tell me if in fact, the T18 that now says "Ash" on it is in fact my beloved T18WL. Thanks!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2011 11:44:00 PM More reviews by Sandy2986

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

All i can say is that i LOVE LOVE LOVE this product,i recently went all blonde on top (my natural color is a very dark brown color,about a level 4-5) and whenever i bleach my new growth (roots) they always come out a canary-ish yellow color i just put on the white lady and bam im all good and my hair looks awesome. Prior to going all blonde on top i had chunky highlights w.plat blonde and a level 3 weaved in between VERY DARK almost black,so when i put bleach on it,it could only lift to a level 8? so toning the plat.w/the level 8 made my hair look awesome,very natural tones,almost like new highlights,a med pale blonde w/platinum highlights,i love it,ive been using this product for about 5 yrs now and i would never say anything bad about it :D

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 10/19/2011 8:18:00 PM More reviews by Rethinkmyname

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Green

LOVED the color! I wanted white/purple/sliver and this toner did just that, but it didn't last. I left it in for about 45 minutes, it came out beautiful but the color only lasted like four days and washing my hair became the grossest process ever. Yes I used a purple shampoo and conditioner :/ if anyone could suggest some ways of making this stuff last I'd appreciated it :/

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2011 8:21:00 PM More reviews by MissHarleyQuinn

Jeez laweez, I can't believe all the terrible reviews on this toner, but let me tell you why. I'm naturally a level like, 3 or 4? I have med-dark brown hair, and I'm a platinum blonde now. When I don't feel like spending over a 125 to get my hair done, I let my friend (an aveda grad) do it in her kitchen for like 20 bucks and this is what we've learned - you cannot leave this stuff on for more than a few minutes, especially if you've been using a high level developer to bleach it and the pores in your hair are still very much open. If you rinse it out when you notice it's starting to turn, it will turn out BEAUTIFUL. I've never had an issue with this stuff coming out anything other than perfectly white-blonde. I have pretty awesome hair, too. I wouldn't put anything on my hair if I had the slightest doubt that it would ruin it. I used it on my friend's hair, too, when I took a strand of it from black to platinum, and you just have to pay attention to it the entire time.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No