December 18, 2014 | 1658 users online

Skincare - Face - Coastal Scents - African Black Soap

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2010 7:41:00 PM More reviews by spazzirry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using this soap for over a year now and I absolutly love it! My skin is oily and acne prone but since I started using this soap my skin is matte and I rarely get any pimples. My skin is super clear and I rarely wear foundation anymore but when I do, a very thin layer is enough.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2010 2:13:00 AM More reviews by nattyngeorge

I've only been using this soap for three days now but I already feel compelled to write a review. I have normal to combination skin that is fairly clear, but have small breakouts here and there from wearing heavy foundations for too many hours at a time. I purchased this on a whim, along with the unrefined shea butter and facial scrub brush. Every night I've been wetting the facial brush and rubbing it across the soap and then in soft, circular motions I rub my face with it. Every 20 seconds or so I rinse the brush and apply more soap to the brush. I rub it around my face for about a minute and then rinse. All of my makeup is gone and my face feels so soft, clean and fresh. My face is already looking brighter and my foundation looks better. I will update in a couple of weeks as I continue using this! ****UPDATE: This soap every night paired with the facial brush was too harsh for my skin and dried it out. I am now using this with no facial brush - and not every night. I still love this for a good cleanser & to remove my makeup. I lather it in my hands a bit first and rub it all over my face, then rinse.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2010 12:15:00 PM More reviews by vanity68

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I cant rave enough about this product...keeps my oily skin matte all day and hasn't dried it out..i use it 2-3 times a day...love it...i would give it 20 stars! Fabulous for oily skin. Coastal Scents is great...they ship super super fast too!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/9/2010 1:42:00 PM More reviews by DianeLuvsMunky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Let me start by saying that my face hates conventional soap and cleansers. Period. They either don't clean my oily skin good enough, or they dry me out... or both. But I loves this ABS stuff!! This is my HG cleanser during the summer. It removes just enough oil to keep me from looking like an oil slick during the humid months, and dries out my pimples fast. Sometimes its a little too drying, but I just rub some olive oil on my face when it's still wet and I'm good to go. I've been using ABS for about 2 months now, and I never put the bar directly on my face. I take a small chunk (like a tablespoon) and dissolve it in some water overnight to create a liquid cleanser. I then put the liquid in a small squeeze bottle to keep things sanitary and convenient.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2010 6:19:00 AM More reviews by agibeault

Oh the burning........if I could go back in time and not put this on my skin, believe me, I would!! I think this would be appropriate for someone with oily skin and possibly acne prone but definitely not sensitive. Do NOT use this if you have eczema. I coated my skin in cocoa butter immediately after so the parts of my body that don't have eczema are fine, but my poor poor face feels like it will crack if I sneeze too hard. I'm giving this to my boyfriend who will no doubt love it, as his skin is quite oily.

Edited: my boyfriend (oily skin) really likes this but its drying his skin out like crazy after about a week's use.....he was raving about it before, but now that flaking away to nothing, he has decided not to continue use.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 7/17/2010 11:33:00 PM More reviews by smlrck26

I have read things about african black soap so I snatched some up when I saw a guy selling it at a local craft show. It doesn't take a lot of it to make a nice rich lather and it leaves my skin squeaky clean but not dry. I have also used it on my face and it helped dry up a few pimples I had at the time. Left my face feeling tight but not dry. Pleased and will consider purchasing it from Coastal Scents because they have the best value for it that I've seen so far.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2010 5:06:00 PM More reviews by gate403

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I bought this from a local brand in Toronto. It looks exactly the same as the CS one so I thought I would post my review here. ABS is really good. It cleans very thoroughly yet I find it pretty gentle. I feel like my face is brighter and this is helping my acne. HUGE TIP: Don't actually rub the ABS on your face because it has a few tiny, very scratchy particles that can scratch and hurt your skin. What you're supposed to do is use a little water to work a small chunk into a foam in your hand, and apply the foam on your face to clean it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2010 10:27:00 AM More reviews by miomega

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this soap- on my face. For some reason, it stings on my body but on my face it is exactly what I was looking for. It leaves my skin very clean and soft. When you use a wet cloth you can actually see what it has cleared away. I follow with a good moisturizer (raw african shea butter sometimes) and by morning my skin is so dewey and clear. Love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2010 7:34:00 PM More reviews by livefancy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I has acne a while ago it cleared up but i still have a bit of scaring. i have been using this for about 2 weeks now and honestly its great!!!. ive never had a cleanser that has managed to totally remove my makeup with out wipes, im really impressed. it did sting the first couple of times but that stopped. i also have dry skin but if you mosturise properly i use shea butter or cocoa butter and you'll be fine. its really cleared up my complexion, its fantastic.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/2/2010 1:18:00 AM More reviews by nancylor

I used this product for about 2 weeks and it didn't work well for me at all. I have really dry skin in the winter that is really really prone to acne and I thought this soap would help me, but it really didnt. It stings my eyes really bad and my acne did not get any better. It worked for probably 2 days but after that it stopped.