Coastal Scents African Black Soap

4.1

Cocos nucifera(Coconut Oil),butyrospermum parkii,(Raw Shea butter), Cocoa Pod ash, Aqua(Water) Elaeis guineensis (Palm Kernel Oil)

This stuff is straight up magic! I've been using Dr. Bronners, the Clarisonic Pro and basically ever top rated product here on MUA, but this one definitely takes the cake. Not only have I stopped getting blemishes, in a matter of two days the two big ones I have scabbed over and exfoliated off! Sure I still have two pink spots of raw skin where they used to be, but that is crazy fast healing! I am just so pleased. I gave some to my mom and een though it looks like a cow pie, she loves it, too!

I adore this! Good thing I bought a 10 lb box!!!

on 12/18/2010 8:39:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is my 3rd day using this product. It is a really great soap - I wash my face 2 to 3 times a day and afterward I put on the shea butter and when I get up in the am my face feels so smooth. I have noticed that it is lighten my blemishes - not completely get rid of them, but hey it's only day 3. I get a small piece and place it in my hand add water and get rich subs apply this to my face. I let it stay on my face for about 3 to 5 minutes. Wash it off, dab my face lightly w/ a cloth towel and then add the moisturizer. This is going to be my new me for the New Year. ***** grade

on 12/13/2010 7:41:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I've been using this soap for over a year now and I absolutly love it! My skin is oily and acne prone but since I started using this soap my skin is matte and I rarely get any pimples. My skin is super clear and I rarely wear foundation anymore but when I do, a very thin layer is enough.

on 11/30/2010 2:13:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I've only been using this soap for three days now but I already feel compelled to write a review. I have normal to combination skin that is fairly clear, but have small breakouts here and there from wearing heavy foundations for too many hours at a time. I purchased this on a whim, along with the unrefined shea butter and facial scrub brush. Every night I've been wetting the facial brush and rubbing it across the soap and then in soft, circular motions I rub my face with it. Every 20 seconds or so I rinse the brush and apply more soap to the brush. I rub it around my face for about a minute and then rinse. All of my makeup is gone and my face feels so soft, clean and fresh. My face is already looking brighter and my foundation looks better. I will update in a couple of weeks as I continue using this! ****UPDATE: This soap every night paired with the facial brush was too harsh for my skin and dried it out. I am now using this with no facial brush - and not every night. I still love this for a good cleanser & to remove my makeup. I lather it in my hands a bit first and rub it all over my face, then rinse.

on 9/19/2010 12:15:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I cant rave enough about this product...keeps my oily skin matte all day and hasn't dried it out..i use it 2-3 times a day...love it...i would give it 20 stars! Fabulous for oily skin. Coastal Scents is great...they ship super super fast too!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Let me start by saying that my face hates conventional soap and cleansers. Period. They either don't clean my oily skin good enough, or they dry me out... or both. But I loves this ABS stuff!! This is my HG cleanser during the summer. It removes just enough oil to keep me from looking like an oil slick during the humid months, and dries out my pimples fast. Sometimes its a little too drying, but I just rub some olive oil on my face when it's still wet and I'm good to go. I've been using ABS for about 2 months now, and I never put the bar directly on my face. I take a small chunk (like a tablespoon) and dissolve it in some water overnight to create a liquid cleanser. I then put the liquid in a small squeeze bottle to keep things sanitary and convenient.

on 7/28/2010 6:19:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Oh the burning........if I could go back in time and not put this on my skin, believe me, I would!! I think this would be appropriate for someone with oily skin and possibly acne prone but definitely not sensitive. Do NOT use this if you have eczema. I coated my skin in cocoa butter immediately after so the parts of my body that don't have eczema are fine, but my poor poor face feels like it will crack if I sneeze too hard. I'm giving this to my boyfriend who will no doubt love it, as his skin is quite oily.

Edited: my boyfriend (oily skin) really likes this but its drying his skin out like crazy after about a week's use.....he was raving about it before, but now that flaking away to nothing, he has decided not to continue use.

on 7/17/2010 11:33:00 PM

I have read things about african black soap so I snatched some up when I saw a guy selling it at a local craft show. It doesn't take a lot of it to make a nice rich lather and it leaves my skin squeaky clean but not dry. I have also used it on my face and it helped dry up a few pimples I had at the time. Left my face feeling tight but not dry. Pleased and will consider purchasing it from Coastal Scents because they have the best value for it that I've seen so far.

on 7/4/2010 5:06:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I bought this from a local brand in Toronto. It looks exactly the same as the CS one so I thought I would post my review here. ABS is really good. It cleans very thoroughly yet I find it pretty gentle. I feel like my face is brighter and this is helping my acne. HUGE TIP: Don't actually rub the ABS on your face because it has a few tiny, very scratchy particles that can scratch and hurt your skin. What you're supposed to do is use a little water to work a small chunk into a foam in your hand, and apply the foam on your face to clean it.

on 7/1/2010 10:27:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

I love this soap- on my face. For some reason, it stings on my body but on my face it is exactly what I was looking for. It leaves my skin very clean and soft. When you use a wet cloth you can actually see what it has cleared away. I follow with a good moisturizer (raw african shea butter sometimes) and by morning my skin is so dewey and clear. Love it.

Popular Face Skincare Products