Burt's Bees Burt's Bees Beeswax Lip Balm Tin

3.5

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Cera alba (beeswax, cire d'abeille), cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, prunus amygdalus dulcis (sweet almond) oil, mentha piperita (peppermint) oil, lanolin, tocopherol, rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf extract, glycine soja (soybean) oil, canola oil (huile de colza), limonene.

on 7/4/2010 8:51:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

This leaves me with a nice tingling sensation. It's like the vibrator of the make-up world.

I've also noticed that my lipstick stays on better whenever I wear this underneath, though I know this isn't the sole reason for my lipstick's lasting power, so it isn't really needed. Just something fun to put on.

Also, this doesn't really moisturize my chapped lips.

And I find this to be quite pricey ($2.99-$4.00 depending on where you live) for a lip balm, especially since it doesn't really do much other than tingle.

I enjoy the use of this lip balm, though I personally could do without it. My 98 generic chapstick works much, much better.

Pros:
- I love the sweet peppermint scent of this lip balm
- Packaging is cute (as I don't mind using fingers to apply)
- cooling and tingling sensation from peppermint oil, not painful and goes away after a while (I wasn't used to this at first but now I'm addicted. sensation can be rather strong for those who do not like tingly lippies)
- keeps in moisture on lips, lasts a few hours on lips if I don't eat/drink
- has a good amount of product.

Cons:
- it doesn't really help nourish my lips which are usually quite dry. But works great in summer.
- A bit expensive for a lipbalm, although it is the nicest minty lipbalm i've tried so far.
-if you put too much on, the wax inside the lipbalm dries up overtime and forms a skin(?) or some sort of layer on your lips.

I will repurchase if I can't find another minty lipbalm that matches this one- i just love the scent so much. However I'll need to find another lipbalm for conditioning lips.

EDIT: After using this for over a year, this is one of my HG lipbalms for summer. And i am yet to find another lb with the same sweet peppermint scent. I am still yet to finish my 1st tin since I do rotate lip balms, but I'll definitely repurchase this.

UPDATE:
I've taken down a lippie as I prefer other lipbalms to really nourish and moisturise my lips but I still can't find one that smells as great as this.

on 6/29/2010 1:53:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Got this in the tube, it has pomegranate in it, smells delicious. I wish it wasn't so expensive because I use this like crazy :/ this one doesn't have spf in it which I think is a negative. If I didn't try to save every possible penny I would buy this again but I think I'll get carmex next time which is just as good.

on 6/25/2010 6:31:00 AM

i love these!! they are natural and they do a good job of relieving chapped lips without making lips TOO greasy like alot of other balms. it absorbs quickly and does last without making you feel like you have a bunch of gunk on your lips. it also has a nice refreshing feeling when you first put it on. i prefer the tins. i use to dislike lip balm tins and thought "why use tins? isn't that unsanitary? then you get gunk on your finger?!" but after using this one, i love the tin because even though the stick balm is great too... using the tins helps you get just the right amount of product on your finger to transfer to lips. with the stick, sometimes i feel like i get too much balm on my lips.

on 6/11/2010 8:04:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

I love it. I always have chapped lips. I apply it before my lipstick. It is the only one that I feel soften my lips and has a healing affect compare to some balm that feel like you have vaseline on your lips.

on 6/11/2010 7:59:00 PM

I love this balm. I don't care too much for the tin because sometimes it is difficult to open.

on 6/3/2010 6:39:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Love it, my favourite lip balm! Love the tin, but the lid can be hard to remove at times. I'm addicted to the tingly feel & minty smell. Leaves my lips really soft. & love the all natural ingredients, good product all round.

on 5/21/2010 2:01:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

The packaging is adorable, and it works decently as a lip balm. The only downside is the smell- which to me is distinctly cardboardlike. I have no idea why. I'd probably still buy it again, because it works (and again- adorable packaging).

on 4/28/2010 4:59:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Other, Curly, Medium

Tried to find a natural alternative that works just as well as carmex. You'd be better off using plain old vaseline than buying this.

There are no moisturizing properties, well not enough for my extremely dry lips anyway. The balm's effects fade after 10minutes. My lips felt very dry, hard and began to flake. I would literally have to reapply every 10 minutes.

This minty, cool sensation is nice though.

on 4/28/2010 5:55:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

this is the only thing keeping my lips from flaking. moisturizes a long time, makes my lips tingly, smells nice. opening the tin takes a little effort, not the most hygenic thing to carry around. but anyways, loving it. it's saved my pucker.

Popular Lip Treatments