December 20, 2014 | 1625 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum' Express The Colossal Waterproof

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2013 5:45:00 PM More reviews by ashmiaka

this is definitely more of a lengthening mascara than a volumizing one. it's so lengthening that it makes my lashes pop. the formula is on the wetter side and doesn't appear to have changed much in the 2-3 months i've been using it. this mascara does make my lashes feel drier and it does give it a slightly crispy / brittle feel, but it's not uncomfortably so. i have found that this mascara has a tendency to smudge on me especially when it's warmer, but at least it doesn't flake. the best way to apply this (for me at least) is to run the brush quickly through my lashes without letting it dry between coats. if i do let it dry and then apply more, i get the tarantula lash look which i do not like. like most other wp mascaras, this holds my curl beautifully. it's easy to remove and doesn't irritate my eyes. overall, this is a pretty good affordable mascara. i would repurchase this during the fall / winter months (to avoid warm weather smudging) and use it happily.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2013 5:29:00 PM More reviews by kodancerbabeee

I LOVE this product! The consistency is the best I've found yet! I was in love with the falsies for a long time, but I decided to give this a try after my second tube of falsies ran out. Some things I have learned- this product holds curl very well, the first coat you apply will make your lashes sooo much longer, but if you want volume, you need a second coat. By the second coat, your eyes will be transformed to long, voluminous lashed eyes! I will continue to repurchase this product!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2013 11:17:00 AM More reviews by nirvana9

not sure if this tube was bad but this did nothing for my lashes. the formula was dry and there was barely a difference after 2 coats. i generally like maybelline mascaras but this one is a miss for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/18/2013 10:25:00 PM More reviews by BriSchmied

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This mascara is okay. It didn't volumize as much as i thought and it clumped. It dries fast and it's hard to take off. But I wouldn't recommend this.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/11/2013 9:41:00 PM More reviews by ohhhleslie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is the WORST mascara I've ever used. A lot of other reviewers seem to like it, maybe I just got a bad one, idk. This mascara is extremely wet and thin yet clumps like crazy, and smudges all over my lower lash like. After I've applied this, I literally have what looks like 3 or 4 giant lashes because they're all clumped together. The only thing good about it is that it really is waterproof and takes forever to get off. This product is definitely going in the trash

rated 4 of 5 on 8/11/2013 11:10:00 AM More reviews by Pinnate

I really love this mascara. It's the only mascara I've tried that holds curl well, and it makes my lashes look longer and thicker with one coat. It does smudge a little sometimes but most mascaras do. I haven't experienced any clumping or flaking. This is one of the best mascaras that I've tried and I would keep buying it.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/2/2013 9:31:00 PM More reviews by ohsnapitzrayy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

The Maybelline Colossal Waterproof Mascara was alright. It does last me the whole day but it smudges and flakes a little. At first, it was pretty good but then after a couple of use, it started to flake and smudge. Unfortunately, the first couple of weeks of getting the mascara, I ran out of waterproof eye makeup remover so I was stuck with remover for non-waterproof makeup. It was a pain taking off the mascara. In the process, some of my eyelashes came off and it took forever to get it off. The good part of it is that it's actually waterproof, but I did lose some eyelashes so I didn't like that part. Overall, this mascara is pretty decent. I would definitely recommend this to a friend, but may not buy it again with my own money.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/3/2013 7:20:00 AM More reviews by JessicaLauren24

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I like the volume this mascara creates, however I am having issues with smudging. I only apply this mascara to my top lashes, however, throughout the day I am experiencing smudging under my eyes (and as someone that already has dark under eye circles, this is less than ideal!!)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/13/2013 12:05:00 PM More reviews by leighcfish

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

Extends, adds volume, effective.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/5/2013 11:27:00 PM More reviews by jamilalouise

I got this because I have deep-set eyes and oily skin and always have a problem with mascara smudging onto my brow bone. This mascara was supposed to be perfect for my situation, but to my dismay, it was worse than my previous mascara which also smudged a bit. I then bought Clinique Lash Power which has been working perfectly by not smudging although it has a ridiculously tiny brush.