October 25, 2014 | 1637 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum' Express The Colossal Waterproof

rated 3 of 5 on 7/3/2013 7:20:00 AM More reviews by JessicaLauren24

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I like the volume this mascara creates, however I am having issues with smudging. I only apply this mascara to my top lashes, however, throughout the day I am experiencing smudging under my eyes (and as someone that already has dark under eye circles, this is less than ideal!!)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/13/2013 12:05:00 PM More reviews by leighcfish

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

Extends, adds volume, effective.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/5/2013 11:27:00 PM More reviews by jamilalouise

I got this because I have deep-set eyes and oily skin and always have a problem with mascara smudging onto my brow bone. This mascara was supposed to be perfect for my situation, but to my dismay, it was worse than my previous mascara which also smudged a bit. I then bought Clinique Lash Power which has been working perfectly by not smudging although it has a ridiculously tiny brush.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/28/2013 4:10:00 PM More reviews by amourx3

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this mascara two times, but I won't be repurchasing! I am Asian with oily skin and semi-oily eyelids. I have a big problem with mascara smudging even if it is waterproof! Unfortunately, this did not work out for me as it does smudge throughout the day.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/23/2013 3:01:00 AM More reviews by BeautyMarie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I seriously won't even understand people who feel te need to put coat after coat after coat of mascara. Not only with this particular one but with any mascara. It will ALWAYS look clumpy and spidery. I tried doing that before with this mascara and it was terrible. I only use one coat of it (any mascara really) and it is wonderful! Granted I always smudge some on my lids but I think that is because of the way I apply it and the fact that its really moist at first. Besides that, I LOVE it. It is really black and holds the lashes pretty well. I can wear it for a 10 hour period and won't even notice a difference from the moment I applied it. With ONE COAT my lashes look bigger and all around lusher it's amazing. Lastly, it is a pain in the ass to remove but which waterproof makeup isn't?

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2013 3:32:00 PM More reviews by xevapaige

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've been using this mascara for years, love it! It lasts me around 6 months, and it holds a curl really well. As long as I wipe the wand once a week or so, I am guaranteed not to get clumps and my lashes look really long and separated. Everytime I try a new mascara I always end up coming back to this one. Would definitely recommend it to others, waterproof or non-waterproof

rated 3 of 5 on 3/23/2013 1:23:00 AM More reviews by kasabourin

Its an OKAY mascara. Not the best volume. theres way better mascaras out there. Also, the brush tugs on my eyelashes for some reason and make it hard to apply it smoothly. I just like the bright yellow packaging :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2013 6:18:00 AM More reviews by CandyCrystals

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

MY HG MASCARA!! I always come back to this mascara because it's the only one that gives me the performance I desire. I have medium-length lashes that aren't really curled. After using a curler, I apply 2 coats of this mascara and it holds my curl in place ALL DAY. It thickens & volumizes my lashes to give me nice "Doll Eyes". It starts to get clumpy after 3-4 weeks of daily use, but it's pretty cheap at Walmart so I buy another tube when the clumps start to get ridiculous.

If only this mascara formula used the brush in The Rocket mascara by Maybelline, then I would have a perfect mascara to use for daytime & nighttime looks.

This mascara is VERY DIFFICULT to remove so I use Pond's Classic Cold Cream to dissolve it before I use another make-up remover for the rest of my face.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/20/2013 10:52:00 AM More reviews by alicehanson

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

PRICE: In my country it costs what corresponds of 18,83$

FEATURES:
- Waterproof Mascara
- Up to 7x more volume instantly, in just one coat
- no clumps
- collagen enriched formula

APPLICATION: It has a really big, fluffy wand, and I usually get it all over my lids, but maybe I'm just retarded with this brush. It's easy to remove with a Q-tip, though.

RESULTS: My lashes are naturally pretty dark, medium length and thickness. I just want them to look volumized, long and darker. After I applied my lashes were hard, sticky and straight, spidery looking, and they were so unnatural looking! If I put a thin coat of another mascara underneath, which I usually do, it looks better though.(Atm I use Max Factors false lash effect - the gold, limited edition)

LASTING POWER: So I applied a thin layer of the Max Factor one, and after that I applied The Colossal. I went to school and went home again around 5-6 hours later, and it had smudged both underneath my eyes and on my upper lid - very noticeable (The weather here is cold and snowy at the moment, but it's not like crazy snowstorms). WATERPROOF?! Not really! Even when it doesn't snow, it smudges.

So here's the funny thing. Today I applied a thin coat of the False Lash (it works really well as a primer-thing, haha) and after that I applied my Max Factor 2000 calorie - none of them are waterproof. And when I got home from school, around 7 hours later, it looked like when I first applied it. That is a bit weird, when the colossal is waterproof!

REMOVAL: When using a waterproof makeup remover, no problem :)

VERDICT: On it's own, I really do NOT like the look this mascara gives me. My friend has it too, and her lashes are also sticky and unnatural looking. When I use the False lash, it works a lot better(!), but it smears on my lids, and that's a big no-go for me! I will definitely not repurchase (especially because of the prices in my country).

rated 2 of 5 on 3/9/2013 8:23:00 PM More reviews by l098899

I hate when mascara sticking my eyelash together like a bunch of fly legs,more worse, it smudges after a while. When I looked in the mirror, I found myself turned into a panda already.it doesn't happen to you guys???