September 2, 2014 | 1902 users online

Fragrances - Christian Dior - Miss Dior Cherie L'eau

rated 3 of 5 on 3/26/2010 6:00:00 AM More reviews by emily261

This is something I really wanted to love. Having used Chance and Chance eau Fraiche I was looking for something new. When I first sprayed it I loved it- it was zesty and sparkling, just lovely. However it settled into a horrible musky smell that gave me a headache. Some people would love this and I think maybe it was just my body chemistry that didn't work with it. Looks like I'll keep looking!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2010 9:34:00 PM More reviews by Chrystina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Miss Dior Cherie l'eau is the only stable product out of all my beauty products. This gives you the light refreshing smell that you always wished for. It also has great lasting power. 2 spritz and it would last you 24 hours. I don't think i can survive a day without this! but if only it was cheaper... i bought a small bottle for $63. however that is not enough to make me stop buying it!

EDIT: Does anyone have an alternative for this??? I'll be broke if I keep buying this perfume!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2010 4:55:00 PM More reviews by devilbunnies

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I absolutely love this perfume. I like Miss Dior Cherie but this scent is so much better in my opinion. I agree with a previous reviewer that this should have been released as its own scent as I will be very sad when Dior stops production on this. A bit more spendy than I'd like (Well... I like to buy my perfumes from discount websites) but I just love it so much. Sweet like Miss Dior Cherie but so much fresher and more interesting. This is my current favorite. It helps that the bottle is adorable too.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/24/2009 5:56:00 PM More reviews by nicolemize

I love this scent!!! but it is not all-purpose. Good day scent!! My problem with it is that if I spray once, it smells really strong and fades quickly; but if I spray twice, its way to overpowering for the first two hours! Hmmm.
PROS: Great quality, leaves pretty undertones on skin
CONS: short-lasting power, overpowering at first, very expensive!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2009 1:05:00 AM More reviews by mrlincoln

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

The bottle is so pretty. Thick, heavy square glass, fancy engraving on the bottom and a cute bow tie. I really love the bright strawberry fizziness in this. It smells like a combo of Fresh Sugar and Fresh Strawberry Flowers. It's a light scent, but it does remain on me all day....ever so lightly. There is patchouli in the dry down, but you don't really smell it, it only helps with the longevity (i think). If you like sweet citrus perfumes, slightly addicting aromas this would work for you. I love it so much I don't feel guilty about the money I spent for it.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/3/2009 1:01:00 PM More reviews by ora613

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I like the citrus=y top notes a lot, and the floral middle is ok. What gets me is the musk base note. I think citrus and musk are always a terrible combination. Why would you do it, unless you've run out of perfumery ideas. I mean citrus is fresh and light, musk is dark and sultry. Strawberries and sauerkraut, galoshes and ballgowns.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2009 6:18:00 AM More reviews by marymary

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I find this grapefruity and a little unisex. It's unusual. Citrusy but not too bright, more complex than you'd expect from a citrus. Nothing like Miss Dior Cherie, I think they wanted to re use the bottle design, and it is a cute bottle. I don't get any musk but I am anosmic to a lot of musks. Shame, cos I love musk!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2009 12:58:00 PM More reviews by hannahdlc

This is definitely my favourite perfume at the moment - I can't get enough of the smell! I hated the original and when I saw the advert for this one I wanted to like it so much because I adored the advert. I went to try it and fell in love! It's nothing like the original - far lighter and it smells less foody and more floral and citrusy. It reminds me of spring but I like wearing it now too as I prefer lighter fragrances to the heavier ones that seem to be popular in winter. Some people complain about the staying power but I put it on just before I leave the house at 8am and it's still there at lunchtime.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2009 7:09:00 AM More reviews by MalibuMands

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I was pleasantly surprised by MISS DIOR CHERIE LíEAU; Iíve tested Miss Dior Cherie quite a few times, but Iím still not keen on it.
Nut LíEAU is totally different to the original and, in my opinion, should have been released under a new name, instead of as a flanker.

MISS DIOR CHERIE LíEAU opens with a sharp citrus vibe, centering on bitter orange, to give the fragrance a fresh, icy jolt of energy.
The floral heart is very fresh and Ďgreení. The gardenia is the note that stands out the most, and to me it seems quite watery. Iím not a huge fan of floral fragrances; I find them too overpowering and strong, so I love the way the floral mingles with the citrus.
I like the white musk base too. Itís uncomplicated and clean. Perfect for when Iím wearing jeans and a tee, but want to feel Ďput togetherí but not all girlie.

MISS DIOR CHERIE LíEAU was designed to be airy and light for summer, and while it would indeed be perfect for hotter weather, I like the icy jolt I get by wearing in the cool autumn mornings. The effect reminds me of J.Loís Live Platinum.

Iíve found the lasting power to be good; it goes close to the skin. The bottle is the same as Miss Dior Cherie, cute, but I think itís a miss-match as the fragrance is more Ďgrown upí then the original.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2009 8:25:00 PM More reviews by magicalmoongoddess

L'eau is absolutely nothing like Miss Dior Cherie - nowhere near as foody and sweet. The only thing foody and sweet to me, is that initially I liken the top notes to smelling a little like a citrus souffle or mousse, as it has a lightly soft citrus smell that is slightly sweet. After that I get the gardenia and a very subtle musk. Absolutely stunning fragrance for the warm weather as it's light and fresh. However I don't find the staying power as bad as others have mentioned, so it all comes down to body chemistry as usual! For a light fragrance it lasts reasonably well on me. If you hated Miss Dior Cherie, don't let that deter you from trying L'eau as it's quite beautiful and they are nothing alike. Same gorgeous bottle though :-)