September 16, 2014 | 1976 users online

Concealers - Smashbox - High Definition Concealer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 11/25/2012 9:20:00 PM More reviews by tomatomuffin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this for nearly 4 years now. I'm not a huge fan of concealer, as they tend to make me break out, and this one is no exception. It's also a little difficult to spread, exaggerates flaking, and tends to dry out my skin. That said, it's also the only one I've tried that stays on. It doesn't disappear after a couple hours, or wipe off, or sink into my skin. It covers.

I don't know if they are still selling this in tubes (What I currently have is about a year old), but if they do, try to get it in one with a pop-cap. The small tube tends to make things messy, especially since the cap (not a pop-cap, but one that removes completely) doesn't like to stay on. Too many times I would throw this guy into a purse or coat pocket, only later to find smears of concealer all over.

Since I don't need to use it often (mostly for dark circles and the occasional scar), I've stuck with it. However, if I had the money and patience, I'd probably have searched for a better product.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/19/2012 11:27:00 PM More reviews by awilhel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Was suggested this when I stopped into Sephora, looking for a good concealer to cover a few pimples that had sprouted up before my sister's wedding. In the store, it came out of the tube fairly thick and seemed to cover well. However, when I came home to try it out, it separated like others had mentioned, and it turns out that the trial tube must've been old, because this is SUPER watery and barely covers. I was looking for something a little nicer than the Neutrogena stick i have been using for eons, but this isn't it. On the plus side, it matches my skin perfectly. I will be returning this and not purchasing again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2012 5:52:00 PM More reviews by bdawn

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This concealer is just okay for me. It does seperate in the tube so when you first buy it you have to shake it up as best as you can. The first time I tried to squeeze some out all that came out was a watery oily clear liquid. Took a couple of full squeezes to actually get to the concealer.

Much like the smashbox hd foundation, this concealer offers only light coverage but feels heavy going on. Then it seems to disappear completely which would normally be fine. I usually use the MUFE hd lift concealer which also seems to disappear after application, however it's still concealing. I can't say the same for the smashbox as it does seem to offer any concealing properties once it soaks in. I got a small tube of it as part of a kit and once it's gone it's doubtful that I will ever repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/10/2012 2:19:00 PM More reviews by nursedye

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

color is good and it doesn't settle in lines too bad but it also doesn't provide much coverage

rated 2 of 5 on 11/7/2012 1:52:00 PM More reviews by gildoush22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

not good with coverage, its too thin and runny, expensive.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/10/2012 6:55:00 PM More reviews by xCarrieex

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

While this product isn't completely awful, it's not super fantastic either. The coloring on the shade for fair skin is definitely for more yellow-toned skin. It's great for brightening the under eye area because it's so...well, bright. But it doesn't have much staying power and is too light/thin of a formula to cover up any acne I might have at the time.
I said "yes" that I would repurchase this product but that's more of a "maybe'. I got it in the complexion perfection kit and may just buy a shade that matches my skin tone more to see if it makes any difference.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/10/2012 12:46:00 PM More reviews by DollitaHaze

I needed a concealer for my purple, tired-looking eyes and the makeup artist at Sephora quickly suggested this. Luckily they'd run out of my shade, because this concealer is so not worth the price. The fair shade is yellow, and it settled into the lines around my eyes making me look 10 years older. It's also weirdly thick and powdery for a liquid concealer. Not impressed.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/24/2012 9:48:00 PM More reviews by cattitude

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This stuff sucks. It doesn't cover my dark circles and it separates in the tube. Way too expensive for what it is.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/22/2012 10:47:00 PM More reviews by Pattycakesquare

I've been using for a week now, and really like this concealer a lot. I have fair, delicate, sensitive skin, adult acne, redness, dark circles, and oily T-zone and eyelids. This stuff goes on smoothly and blends very well with my finger or concealer brush. I prime with Photo Finish Light primer, then conceal with Fair/Light HD, and set with my BareMinerals foundation (Fairly/Light). This combo covers all my problems, looks flawless, and does a great job through the whole workday. I have a few small wrinkles, and it doesn't seem to crease. Even my eye makeup has stayed put over it. The only issue is, you have to work fast when you apply, and get it nicely blended before it dries, or it will cake. However, that property lends itself to buildable coverage if you need it. I love the color match to my skin - no more freaky orange concealer! Also, use a good cleanser to dissolve all this makeup off, to prevent further breakouts.
Can't wait to see how this stuff holds up to the tropical Houston climate this summer!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/22/2012 10:32:00 PM More reviews by Ninasa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is the 2nd concealer I buy from Smashbox...the first one being one that was some sort of stick (absolutely terribly concealer)..this one however i must say, pleasantly surprised me..prior to using this concealer,
i was using Nude by Dior..huge fan of Dior products, however as I said earlier, this concealer is pretty good. Better than any I have tried before (Dior, Mac and Lancome). This concealer is not only cheaper than the other ones, but it also has a lighter texture (those looking for heavy coverage, this isnt for you). Pros: $22 for a small tube( wish the tube was a tad bigger, but I mean, if it can last me up to 4 months im good). The texture is very light so it doesnt feel heavy nor look cakey nor does it crease into the fine lines. Very natural finish and looking. Cons: tube is quite small :( and just dont find the packaging practical at all.