Smashbox High Definition Concealer

3.4

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane , PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Phenyl Trimethicone, Propanediol, Polysilicone-11, Sodium Chloride, Butylene Glycol, Decyl Glucoside, Dimethicone, Lauryl PEG/PPG-18/18 Methicone, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate , Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Hexyl Laurate, Silica, Methicone, Ribose, Soy Isoflavones, Lecithin, Polysorbate 80, Alcohol, Angelica Archangelica Root Extract, Caffeine, Sodium Salicylate, Lysolecithin, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Aspartame, Soybean Germ Extract, Coleus Forskohlii Root Extract, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides

on 2/23/2013 12:02:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Other

This was my first concealer purchase. I have really bad undereye circles, and originally I bought this to cover those. It doesn't cover them on me, but I do use this concealer on other spots on my face and it covers those well. I bought this in "Fair" and the colour is a little too orange for me. It does cover my blemishes, and is very easy to blend into my skin. It is light enough I can put a concealer closer to my skin tone on top of it, and I love using it like that. I also love the tube packaging, although it is very easy to squeeze out too much so be careful!! If this was lighter/less orange it would be my HG product.

on 2/4/2013 1:02:00 PM

Greasy! Oily! Slides off and creases. Little to no coverage. Nuff said.

on 2/4/2013 10:41:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I tried this for a while and then came to this conclusion that I really did not care for it at all. This might be decent for dry skins but definitely, not for oily skins. It melts on my skin and looks very shiny. It goes into fine lines and looks terrible in the natural light. I am NC30 and I used this in medium shade but it looked orange. The only good thing about this product was that it spread well.

on 1/3/2013 3:04:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Great for my oily skin! The medium tone blends perfectly with my skin, and I only have to dab with my finger to get the result I want - no brush needed! Compared to my pervious Stila Brighten & Conceal concealer pen, this product has stepped up the concealing game for me.

on 12/31/2012 4:48:00 PM

I like the formulation and I feel that this is not drying and very good for undereye area. However, I have some sun spots that this does not completely cover and also wears off. I wish Smashbox would have a more full coverage product. I used to love their full coverage cream foundation which was perfect but sadly discontinued

on 12/25/2012 11:13:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

This concealer is nearly perfect for me. A little product goes a long way, sorta. What I mean is that for my under eyes just a dot will completely " wake up" that area. I wear glasses with transition lenses ( lenses that automatically darken in light) and these lenses can throw shadows giving you circles. This concealer combats that. On the downside I have two dark spots on my face that smashbox doesn't cover no matter how much product I put on. So for waking up areas and for extra color correcting for redness this product is great. If you need extra coverage for more serious discolorations such as acne scars you will need to look elsewhere. Plus at 18.50 at my local Sephora it isn't cheap but then it's Smashbox.

on 11/25/2012 9:20:00 PM

I've been using this for nearly 4 years now. I'm not a huge fan of concealer, as they tend to make me break out, and this one is no exception. It's also a little difficult to spread, exaggerates flaking, and tends to dry out my skin. That said, it's also the only one I've tried that stays on. It doesn't disappear after a couple hours, or wipe off, or sink into my skin. It covers.

I don't know if they are still selling this in tubes (What I currently have is about a year old), but if they do, try to get it in one with a pop-cap. The small tube tends to make things messy, especially since the cap (not a pop-cap, but one that removes completely) doesn't like to stay on. Too many times I would throw this guy into a purse or coat pocket, only later to find smears of concealer all over.

Since I don't need to use it often (mostly for dark circles and the occasional scar), I've stuck with it. However, if I had the money and patience, I'd probably have searched for a better product.

on 11/19/2012 11:27:00 PM

Was suggested this when I stopped into Sephora, looking for a good concealer to cover a few pimples that had sprouted up before my sister's wedding. In the store, it came out of the tube fairly thick and seemed to cover well. However, when I came home to try it out, it separated like others had mentioned, and it turns out that the trial tube must've been old, because this is SUPER watery and barely covers. I was looking for something a little nicer than the Neutrogena stick i have been using for eons, but this isn't it. On the plus side, it matches my skin perfectly. I will be returning this and not purchasing again.

on 11/18/2012 5:52:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This concealer is just okay for me. It does seperate in the tube so when you first buy it you have to shake it up as best as you can. The first time I tried to squeeze some out all that came out was a watery oily clear liquid. Took a couple of full squeezes to actually get to the concealer.

Much like the smashbox hd foundation, this concealer offers only light coverage but feels heavy going on. Then it seems to disappear completely which would normally be fine. I usually use the MUFE hd lift concealer which also seems to disappear after application, however it's still concealing. I can't say the same for the smashbox as it does seem to offer any concealing properties once it soaks in. I got a small tube of it as part of a kit and once it's gone it's doubtful that I will ever repurchase.

on 11/10/2012 2:19:00 PM

color is good and it doesn't settle in lines too bad but it also doesn't provide much coverage

Top Rated Smashbox Products