July 25, 2014 | 1839 users online

Styling Products - Got 2 Be - Guardian Angel Heat Protect N' Flatten Flat Iron Balm and Gloss Finish

rated 1 of 5 on 8/16/2011 11:10:00 PM More reviews by SpicyCurry

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

Yikes! This made my already thick, coarse, dry hair even more dry and stiff. I absolutely love the Smoothing Lustre lotion by Got 2 Be, that stuff makes my hair silkier and shinier...this stuff was a major letdown.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/4/2011 11:50:00 PM More reviews by jovhyz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

For me this product does work from heat damage, it smells nice, the bottle sprays the product as mist and it goes evenly, i don't have to use tons of it like the product i used before. It makes my hair soft and frizz-free. It also helped with my dry ends. It's also cheap (around $5 at walmart online). The only down part is that it doesn't make my hair as shiny as it was with other products, but the others didn't provide all the other benefits this one does so i will definitely be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2011 5:36:00 PM More reviews by technichloe

I've tried heat protectants from Chi to TRESmee to GHD and this has got to be the best one I've ever tried. This not only smells really great, (and the scent stays nicely!) but it REALLY protects. I work hard to keep my hair in good condition because I've chemically treated it, and I don't take supplements, AND I'm a heat junkie. I frequently use heat products and I always have to wash my hair because I'm very active. So this product really gave me what I needed in a protectant. It protected my hair, didn't leave any gross residue, and it was the only protectant that I've found that didn't make my hair look frizzy after I straightened it. I've repurchased this product a number of times, and I will keep repurchasing! I love it!!!
BTW I've found that this works nicely with all the straighteners I've used Solia, CHI, Ginalli and a couple older brands I can't recall.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/1/2011 11:16:00 PM More reviews by kellabella94

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Other

I don't know whether or not this product works. I haven't flat ironed my hair in months. When I DID flat iron my hair I used this product. Couldn't tell if I saw a difference. However, heat protectant is better than no heat protectant so I will continue to use this until I run out. It was good for the price. Might upgrade to CHI though.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2011 7:11:00 AM More reviews by happifayce

I love this stuff! I spray it on my hair before I blow dry and it makes it so soft. The smell is awesome. I have bleached, dry hair and this really does the trick for soft hair. Doesn't dry out my hair.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2011 5:42:00 AM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This product didn't agree with my dry dyed hair. I found it made my hair feel drier and not as soft or silky compared to other heat protect products I have used in the past. Good price, cute packaging, but just didn't give me the results I wanted.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/19/2011 5:02:00 PM More reviews by DarkViolet001

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I used to LOVE this product but now it has lowered on my lists of favorite products. it doesn't exactly as well as it used to. i have found better products like it that work better for straightening my extremely curly and poofy hair. it's alright. not the best, though. but i do have two bottle of it, one nearly empty. so on a scale of 1 to 5, it's probably a 4. Not to mention, it smells AMAZING!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/18/2011 1:01:00 PM More reviews by lsmiles13

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I recently started using this heat protectant and I really like it. It smells nice and I dont really have to use any other products afterwards to boost shine.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2011 10:51:00 AM More reviews by triplet3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

i usually keep my flat iron at 450 since this heat proctection spay only works up to 425, i didnt even need 450 my hair was pin straight, it was shiny and soft, it made my ends look strong and not weak and brittle ! Amazing i love it ~

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2011 11:43:00 AM More reviews by DollParts7

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Now, I picked up a flat iron recently, that goes up to 410 degrees, and no lower. So, I was praying to the hair Gods to let my locks remain alive! I was still trying to grow them out, and I know heat damage is horrid!

When I rummaged around my closet/vanity (I keep all cosmetics and hair there) I found this. I read that it protects up to 425. So, I fired up my flat iron (I only straighten my bangs) and gave a big, bold spray.

And boy, did it smell AWFUL! I hate the scent. very chemical and processed. It worked, and my hair was soft, not sticky, and not damaged. It did it's job very well. However, that smell is just terrible.

Thankfully, it doesn't stick around!