December 22, 2014 | 1754 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Lustre Lipstick in Plumful

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2013 12:53:00 PM More reviews by kupo_baby

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I got this because of all the rave reviews I've heard (from Lily Pebbles & essiebutton on YT). It was my first MAC purchase ever. lol. Still not quite sure how I avoided MAC for so long. But anyway, this is a great color. It does remind me of something but whatever it is, I don't have it anymore. It's bright without being too bright. I thought it would be similar to NARS Damage but Plumful is darker & less sheer. I'm happy I have both, esp since its a color that works well on me (NW10)

rated 4 of 5 on 11/8/2012 4:50:00 PM More reviews by zephir

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Plumful-a beautiful, pick me up shade on my NC20 skin which doesn't look too done up, yet can be dressed up. I love the scent and the packaging is simple yet sturdy. It is drying, so you do need to layer this with a balm. If I don't, my lips start to get very dry. Great for everyday wear!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2012 7:29:00 AM More reviews by ilovejp

I left a review for this actually mistaking it for syrup as I have both. Syrup and Plumful are very similar however Syrup is a lustre finish and Plumful is cremesheen. Plumful is a medium mauve shade. It is fairly dark with my skin tone however it does suit me. It is a nice change from my usual pink lipsticks. I have worn it twice in the day but it would look very nice in the evening with smokey eyes. I would definitely recommend to those looking for a change and I believe it is most flattering on cool skin tones.

6 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/7/2012 4:12:00 PM More reviews by UnleashDarkness

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Mac is well known for their vast array of lipsticks in different finishes and a multitude of colours.I've wanted an everyday lipstick but all the nude-ish pinkish colours did not appeal to my mom but this one did.It's a lovely plummy colour that suits my Middle eastern complexion.It goes on smoothly and has the typical Mac vanilla scent which I adore.On the downside it does not last long at all and I have to keep reapplying it during the day.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/5/2012 8:44:00 PM More reviews by Lolopop93

My most recent MAC lipstick purchase. I've been kinda sorta loving my MAC lippies lately, so I decided to go buy another one. I was originally going to get "Syrup" but they were sold out, so I tried this instead. I love it! It's a lovely pop of color without being too bright, so if you want a bright yet still sophisticated lipstick, I would recommend this. This one is moisturizing and it's a lustre finish, so it's a bit shiny (but not overly so) and it's kinda sheer, which I like. I like the lustres because they're easy to apply and can be done without a mirror for me so I don't really mind that much that the staying power isn't great. I don't have a color like this in my collection, so I'm glad I picked Plumful up :)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2012 10:59:00 AM More reviews by Princessngirl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Another MAC lipstick that I am only mildly enthusiastic about. On my neutral, slightly yellow skin (dark hair and eyes), this looks plum w a big shot of fuschia. It is a v fun color and v bright, although it wears down to a soft pretty version of itself. I love the color and yet I always feel a little overdone in it.

Pros
Moisturizing
The Color is charming
Doesn't have much of a scent
Layers quite nicely
Nice finish - not super glossy and yet a little shiny

Cons
Tends to feather v easily
so so staying power
VERY transferable - teeth, coffee cups

I bought this on impulse. I wear when I want to dress up just a little bit or on very grey days.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/29/2012 1:19:00 PM More reviews by KOuilhon

This could be a great lipstick for the right person. It's a classic pinkish plum and so wearable. It is pretty, and I do wear it often. But it's a bit sheer for my taste. I have to reapply often. The color is pretty, it's the finish that I don't love. I like it, I just don't love it. Lustre's are just a little too sheer for me. I like a heavier dose of color so that I can choose to go dramatic with it, or dab it on lightly for a lighter look. This finish is the kind where you could swipe it over your lips over and over and it still won't be too much color. So if you are looking for that type of lipstick, this is great! If you want something more dramatic go with an amplified cream sheen or just a cream sheen. Pretty color though. Goes with any sort of eye makeup.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2011 4:22:00 AM More reviews by narkiz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is a nice color for cool skins. It is an everyday color for me. Easy to apply without mirror. But its staying power is zero.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2011 5:04:00 AM More reviews by angelixia07

This is a lovely medium plum shade with pink/rose undertones. The finish is really nice, pigmented but not totally opaque, goes on quite moisturizing and just really easy to just slap on. That's probably why I don't even care that its not the most long lasting l/s ever, which is the only formulas I go for these days. I find that its perfect especially for fall/winter.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/4/2011 12:23:00 PM More reviews by louisabarber

This lipstick is the first I've ever bought from Mac, and I am glad I started with such a great product!
The colour is absolutely gorgeous and I would describe it as being a pink with a strong hint of purple. The lipstick is suitable for autumn and winter with a smokey eye, and would even look great in spring and summer with neutral eyes.
The only problem I have with this lipstick is the fact that it doesn't stay on my lips for very long. The product is a lustre lipstick and I don't think they tend to stay on my lips for long. I would reccomend using a lipliner.
The lipstick is packaged wonderfully, and looks expensive (as it should). It has a lovely vanilla scent, and I would definitely purchase again!