July 30, 2014 | 992 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Lustre Lipstick in Plumful

rated 4 of 5 on 8/5/2012 8:44:00 PM More reviews by Lolopop93

My most recent MAC lipstick purchase. I've been kinda sorta loving my MAC lippies lately, so I decided to go buy another one. I was originally going to get "Syrup" but they were sold out, so I tried this instead. I love it! It's a lovely pop of color without being too bright, so if you want a bright yet still sophisticated lipstick, I would recommend this. This one is moisturizing and it's a lustre finish, so it's a bit shiny (but not overly so) and it's kinda sheer, which I like. I like the lustres because they're easy to apply and can be done without a mirror for me so I don't really mind that much that the staying power isn't great. I don't have a color like this in my collection, so I'm glad I picked Plumful up :)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2012 10:59:00 AM More reviews by Princessngirl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Another MAC lipstick that I am only mildly enthusiastic about. On my neutral, slightly yellow skin (dark hair and eyes), this looks plum w a big shot of fuschia. It is a v fun color and v bright, although it wears down to a soft pretty version of itself. I love the color and yet I always feel a little overdone in it.

Pros
Moisturizing
The Color is charming
Doesn't have much of a scent
Layers quite nicely
Nice finish - not super glossy and yet a little shiny

Cons
Tends to feather v easily
so so staying power
VERY transferable - teeth, coffee cups

I bought this on impulse. I wear when I want to dress up just a little bit or on very grey days.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/29/2012 1:19:00 PM More reviews by KOuilhon

This could be a great lipstick for the right person. It's a classic pinkish plum and so wearable. It is pretty, and I do wear it often. But it's a bit sheer for my taste. I have to reapply often. The color is pretty, it's the finish that I don't love. I like it, I just don't love it. Lustre's are just a little too sheer for me. I like a heavier dose of color so that I can choose to go dramatic with it, or dab it on lightly for a lighter look. This finish is the kind where you could swipe it over your lips over and over and it still won't be too much color. So if you are looking for that type of lipstick, this is great! If you want something more dramatic go with an amplified cream sheen or just a cream sheen. Pretty color though. Goes with any sort of eye makeup.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/8/2011 4:22:00 AM More reviews by narkiz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is a nice color for cool skins. It is an everyday color for me. Easy to apply without mirror. But its staying power is zero.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2011 5:04:00 AM More reviews by angelixia07

This is a lovely medium plum shade with pink/rose undertones. The finish is really nice, pigmented but not totally opaque, goes on quite moisturizing and just really easy to just slap on. That's probably why I don't even care that its not the most long lasting l/s ever, which is the only formulas I go for these days. I find that its perfect especially for fall/winter.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/4/2011 12:23:00 PM More reviews by louisabarber

This lipstick is the first I've ever bought from Mac, and I am glad I started with such a great product!
The colour is absolutely gorgeous and I would describe it as being a pink with a strong hint of purple. The lipstick is suitable for autumn and winter with a smokey eye, and would even look great in spring and summer with neutral eyes.
The only problem I have with this lipstick is the fact that it doesn't stay on my lips for very long. The product is a lustre lipstick and I don't think they tend to stay on my lips for long. I would reccomend using a lipliner.
The lipstick is packaged wonderfully, and looks expensive (as it should). It has a lovely vanilla scent, and I would definitely purchase again!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/30/2011 6:30:00 PM More reviews by icefiregrl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had 100 dollars to macys and i bought shy girl, see sheer and another lipglass online. As far as swatches online, theyre not the most accurate, i loved see sheer tho, itsmy all time go-to coral red that i will repurchase over and over again. However, Shy Girl was not my color and i definitely needed to go return it. the next time i went home, i decided exchange it for something else. I swatched SO many colors and i finally decided to pick up plumful which i would nver have thought would loook good on me. I am a NC30 and this color was gorgeous. I especially love Lustres and these stay on for a good 3-4 hours on me. I like actual color lipsticks instead of the usual pinks, because i have such pigmented lips, i tend to go for the ones that will obviously change my lip color. Even with this case, i didnt think i would like plumful until i picked it up. I went home, put it on with a full face of make up on, and bought 2 more after it as backup. i will forever love this lipstick!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2011 8:37:00 AM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love Plumful so much that I actually have FOUR of them "on the go" at any given time - one in my makeup area, one in my purse, one in my desk and one in my kitchen drawer (right next to the microwave, which I use as a "mirror"! so I can swipe on some lipstick if the doorbell rings unexpectedly). I can't believe I hadn't reviewed this beauty yet.

There are 3 MAC permanent lipsticks I will never be without - Capricious, Craving and Plumful and I hope they never discontinue this shade as I think they would be facing a revolt if they did. Plumful is a rich pinky berry shade that is so flattering for pale skinned gals. It's a lustre finish so while it may not have the best lasting power (hence my four tubes), it is moisturising and doesn't dry out my lips. And, for a lustre finish, it lasts pretty well - maybe 4 hours or so. Truly a beautiful, flattering colour on my NW20 skin.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2011 10:05:00 PM More reviews by divadenah

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is so beautiful. It is a tinted glossy lipstick. Not too heavy in color especially for them days that you want color but nothing too drastic. Will definitely buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2011 8:37:00 AM More reviews by PolaJay

Excellent Color!
Have been looking for a perfect "on the go" Lipdstick ! kept going from color to color- No Luck!
One day i went to Nordstrom, I just started the search over again! after 3tries and no POW! the Sales rep just brought this one Lipstick and we tried it on and it was just speaking to me!! I was like YES! that one! And it happend to be "Plumeful"- The best yet!!
Radiant, Classic, Day or Night Wear....You cant go wrong!!
It follows me every where I go...no matter how small the purse size!