November 24, 2014 | 1214 users online

Eye Primer - Smashbox - Photo Finish Lid Primer

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2013 12:26:00 PM More reviews by Cindi33

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really love this primer. It has a nice light tint to it which I love so I can see how much I am using as well as where I am applying it. I like that a lot. I don't like the doe foot applicator. I prefer a squeeze tube so I can control the amount of product I get and can use more of the product overall. With the wand there is product in corners you can't get to in the bottle and you can't control the amount it dispenses either. I don't like the bottle that is flesh colored so you can't tell how much product is left. It does seem to be a bit "dry" when you apply it though and that is a new bottle. It only gets more dry with daily use and I have had this for not quite 3 months now and already it seems to be too dried up to use. I can still get product on the applicator but it is taking about 3 swipes to get what I could in 1 when it was brand new. Overall, despite packaging issues. the primer works fantastic! I guess I should be happy as that is why I bought this - to get results. I put this on at 0500 and my eyeshadow stays put and does not crease at all. It still looks good at 8 pm, so this stuff has real staying power. I still had some fading though but then again it was 15 hours later. Even then, it does prevent caking up and creasing and keeps my shadow where I applied it. So yes, it works wonders and does what I expect it to. I dislike the packaging though and that dissatisfaction is strong enough to prevent me from purchasing this again. This is the same price and works as well as Urban Decay and UD has a squeeze tube and no wand and I can tell exactly how much is left by the size of the tube, so sorry Smashbox - you have a great eye primer but your packaging is a deal breaker.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/18/2013 6:52:00 PM More reviews by katielotus

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

If I had darker skin I could see this being a wonderful product. Sadly, it looks yellow on my skin and makes me look diseased. Switched to the tarte version of this product and am much happier with the color!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2013 6:15:00 AM More reviews by bonita85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I've also got the Estee Lauder Eyeshadow Base, but I still think Smashbox is far the best. It does what it does, doesn't crease at all esp.when you have to wear eye make-up for 12 hours. I can't do make-up without this product because my eye lids get oily easily and it doesn't help when I put eye make-up without the primer. So yeah, will definitely stick to this product for as along as I can and I hope they won't discontinue this in the future.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2013 6:04:00 PM More reviews by comet1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

My review is for the hydrating under eye primer from smash box. This stuff is GREAT for priming a dry under eye area! Concealer glides on over this stuff, and it keeps them from settling too much. Just be careful, only use a little bit and let it set for about 5 minutes before applying concealer. It is hydrating for me, and really is a must have in my collection. The price is a little steep for a primer, but honestly, it prevents so many concealer issues that I would pay 2x the amount. LOVE!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/12/2013 6:21:00 PM More reviews by SS100

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was disappointed with this product. I was so excited to use it, my first eyeshadow primer. It was given to me in a sample size. Packaging was excellent and appealing--it was a wand type. But the product was too dry and difficult to blend. I wanted to use it as a preventative for my eyeliner to spread--in just an hour or two, my very oily lids already have two lines of eyeliner lol.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2013 4:25:00 AM More reviews by ChaChaHeels83

Just like the smashbox mascaras this product does not irritate my very allergy prone, sensitive eyes. I've tried soooo many products and as long as they don't change the formula I am a fan for life. I also like that the consistency of this primer is thick which makes it stay longer, apply evenly, and makes shadow last liner without creasing. It's color also makes for a great concealer. I could do without the wand, but tubes tend to dry out so quick ill deal. Thank you smashbox for creating a product that I feel is worth the price. So happy!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/25/2013 10:44:00 AM More reviews by gabydaveniam

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is the first eyelid primer i've tried, and overall it is a decent eye primer. I have oily lids and my eyeliner and eyeshadow always seems to ware off without any primer. Since i've started using this product i notice my eyeshadow and eyeliner staying longer, I like this primer becuase my eyeshadow tends to stick right when it's put on, on the other hand blending does take a little longer but thats okay becuase the end result is still great. I do recomend this primer!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/16/2013 5:01:00 PM More reviews by Rozzy77

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this in a swap and so far I'm not happy with this product. It's creamy and similar texture like smashboxes other face primers. It stays on well with my eyeshadows. Tip is only use a toothpick dot size because it's your eyes, not face. It works well with Smashbox products, obviously, especially shadows.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2013 6:38:00 PM More reviews by hipchick66

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Very suprised at how good this is. I've used UD Primer Potion and MAC paint pots as bases. Both are decent. This blows them away. My shadows pop, stay on and stay true. No creasing. And even worn alone, it makes my eye area look "clean".

rated 4 of 5 on 1/13/2013 9:56:00 PM More reviews by ShibuiMuse

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I have several eyeshadow primers and each one has a different purpose.

When I want to brighten my eye and wear little or no eyeshadow, this is my go-to primer. It does a great job at evening out my eyelid tone and, because the color suits my particular skin tone (N15-20, slightly warm undertone), I could stop my eye makeup routine here and head out for the day with eyes that look bright and well rested.

When I wear eyeshadow over this primer the color of the shadow held without creasing for the full day. I did not find the full-size tube to have a "dry" consistency. I have had no issue with dryness of my eyelid from wearing this primer.

For those of you that want a more opaque primer I suggest MAC paint pots. These little gems are pots of color "shadows" that come in a variety of shades. If you have fair to medium skin with cool undertones you may want to look at the shade "Painterly." If you have fair to medium skin with warmer undertones "Soft Ochre" might be your color. This product really gives your lids an opaque base and all of your eyeshadow colors will be much more intense.