Smashbox Photo Finish Lid Primer

3.2

Isododecane, Hydrogenated Coco-Glycerides, Beeswax, Silica, Boron Nitride, Quaternium-90 Bentonite, Talc, Microcrystalline Wax, Propylene Carbonate, Cetyl PEG/PPG10/1 Dimethicone, Hexyl Laurate, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Phenoxyethanol, PEG-12 Glyceryl DiMyristate, Water, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Betaine, Glycerin, Potassium Sorbate, Tremella Fuciformis Sporocarp Extract. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron oxide

on 7/31/2013 4:22:00 PM

I love this more than any other eye primer, it is warm and evens out my eye tone. I don't need to wear any eye colour for daywear.

on 7/27/2013 4:29:00 PM

I love this stuff. It really does help my eye makeup last longer and look better. I got some of the Urban Decay eye primer for free and I've been switching between them trying to decide which one I like better because they are about on par with each other in my opinion. It's going to be a tough decision when I need to buy more.

on 7/11/2013 3:34:00 PM

I LOVE this product! I find it makes my eyeshadow more vivid, NEVER creases, smudges or fades with my eyeshadow on top. I love wearing it instead of a nude eyeshadow & now wear this as my eyeshadow when achieving a super natural day look. I can totally notice the different when I have got it on & when I haven't - the different is the hot mess on my eyelids!!! So fab x

more like foundation for eyelids, it creases a bit. other than that i like it...

on 5/27/2013 8:11:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I've tried this, NARS, and the Urban Decay lid primers. This one is the wettest of the three, the smallest tube, and lasts the shortest amount of time. It has a "flesh" tint that will look odd if you have very fair or darker than medium skin color. It does wash off easiest, which is nice if you don't use special oils to clean your face, but I found that it lasted only about 8 hours in hot, humid weather, a bit more in the winter. For the price, I won't be repurchasing since I find NARS and Urban Decay to do the job better for better value.

on 5/24/2013 12:26:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I really love this primer. It has a nice light tint to it which I love so I can see how much I am using as well as where I am applying it. I like that a lot. I don't like the doe foot applicator. I prefer a squeeze tube so I can control the amount of product I get and can use more of the product overall. With the wand there is product in corners you can't get to in the bottle and you can't control the amount it dispenses either. I don't like the bottle that is flesh colored so you can't tell how much product is left. It does seem to be a bit "dry" when you apply it though and that is a new bottle. It only gets more dry with daily use and I have had this for not quite 3 months now and already it seems to be too dried up to use. I can still get product on the applicator but it is taking about 3 swipes to get what I could in 1 when it was brand new. Overall, despite packaging issues. the primer works fantastic! I guess I should be happy as that is why I bought this - to get results. I put this on at 0500 and my eyeshadow stays put and does not crease at all. It still looks good at 8 pm, so this stuff has real staying power. I still had some fading though but then again it was 15 hours later. Even then, it does prevent caking up and creasing and keeps my shadow where I applied it. So yes, it works wonders and does what I expect it to. I dislike the packaging though and that dissatisfaction is strong enough to prevent me from purchasing this again. This is the same price and works as well as Urban Decay and UD has a squeeze tube and no wand and I can tell exactly how much is left by the size of the tube, so sorry Smashbox - you have a great eye primer but your packaging is a deal breaker.

on 5/18/2013 6:52:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

If I had darker skin I could see this being a wonderful product. Sadly, it looks yellow on my skin and makes me look diseased. Switched to the tarte version of this product and am much happier with the color!

on 5/2/2013 6:15:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've also got the Estee Lauder Eyeshadow Base, but I still think Smashbox is far the best. It does what it does, doesn't crease at all esp.when you have to wear eye make-up for 12 hours. I can't do make-up without this product because my eye lids get oily easily and it doesn't help when I put eye make-up without the primer. So yeah, will definitely stick to this product for as along as I can and I hope they won't discontinue this in the future.

on 4/26/2013 6:04:00 PM

My review is for the hydrating under eye primer from smash box. This stuff is GREAT for priming a dry under eye area! Concealer glides on over this stuff, and it keeps them from settling too much. Just be careful, only use a little bit and let it set for about 5 minutes before applying concealer. It is hydrating for me, and really is a must have in my collection. The price is a little steep for a primer, but honestly, it prevents so many concealer issues that I would pay 2x the amount. LOVE!

on 4/12/2013 6:21:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

I was disappointed with this product. I was so excited to use it, my first eyeshadow primer. It was given to me in a sample size. Packaging was excellent and appealing--it was a wand type. But the product was too dry and difficult to blend. I wanted to use it as a preventative for my eyeliner to spread--in just an hour or two, my very oily lids already have two lines of eyeliner lol.

Video Reviews & Tutorials