Lancome Lancome Juicy Tubes

3.5

BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII BUTTER / SHEA BUTTER, DIMER DILINOLEYL DIMER DILINOLEATE, RICINUS COMMUNIS OIL / CASTOR SEED OIL, HYDROGENATED CASTOR OIL DIMER, DILINOLEATE, SUCROSE ACETATE ISOBUTYRATE, SILICA DIMETHYL SILYLATE, CALCIUM SODIUM BOROSILICATE, LINALOOL, CALCIUM CARBONATE, CALCIUM SULFATE, SODIUM SACCHARIN, SILICA, LIMONENE, CITRAL, CITRUS MEDICA LIMONUM (LEMON) PEEL OIL, CI 15850 / RED 7, CI 77491, CI 77492 / IRON OXIDES, CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE, MICA, PARFUM / FRAGRANCE

on 8/11/2013 11:52:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This product is okay, but definitely not worth the price. They are extremely sheer, but they do smell really good. They're really sticky, but it's not exactly the kind of sticky where your lips stick together. It just feels like it's stuck on my lips, like no matter which way I move my lips and mash them together, the lipgloss won't budge. It feels like it's plastic on my lips and won't move no matter which way I tug at it. I don't mind that stickiness too much, however, it is a bit weird. It looks pretty nice on the lips, but it basically just looks like any other shiny lipgloss. The packaging is okay, but it's much easier to apply with a finger or a doefoot applicator rather than squeezing it right onto your lips as it's rather hard to spread.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse

I got two of them as a gift about a month ago: Magic Spell and Spring Fling. The first one is a soft reddish color with tiny golden specks that looks sheer on the lips and the other one is a very pale pink color that's nude once applied. They both have fruity smells, they don't taste like anything, they feel kind of sticky (probably made so to enhance the lasting power over lips), and they are not so moisturizing. They also last on the lips the average of every other brand of lip gloss I have ever tried. They make lips look plumper over lipstick or without it. Well, to sum it all up, NOTHING special. They have just about the same qualities of any other lip glosses I've worn from other brands.
I just wanted to make it clear because I checked the price of these products online and it ranges from $18 to $23 dollars for each tube, which is ridiculously expensive! For that amount of money you can get a couple of more shades of lip glosses in any drugstore, with flavors added lol. (L'oreal is owned by Lancome -or viceversa-, they have great lip products for less).

I would buy as many colours as I liked if this product wasn't so expensive!!
its very moisturizing, and has a long lasting power
it comes in many beautiful shades and they smell amazing
it look fab in the tube and on the lips
try it out if your willing to pay the price, if not go to bath and body works, they have some nice lips glosses that are more affordable, but chose wisely because some are better then others

on 7/4/2013 11:28:00 AM

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

A lot of marketing hype, but the product is only nah. Main disappointment is: it is the sticky type but it does not last 4-5 hours as sticky formulas should last. I have the "spring fling" which is peachy color in the tube but really colorless on lips. the smell is VERY sweet, like over-sweet fruit pie, not refreshing and makes me feel clumsy in summer. For the $20+ price per tube, not recommended. I own some Maybelline shine sensational glosses which are $5, smell better, last just as long, and much less sticky.

on 7/4/2013 10:56:00 AM

Skin: Other, Medium, Warm

This was a GWP so I can't comment fairly on the price. The only way I can use this is to squeeze out the TINIEST amount, then apply with a lipbrush, so I don't find it a good choice for on-the-go. Straight from the tube, it would be way too thick and gooey. Even with daily use, this tube would last me two years easy.

I'm neutral on the taste.

on 7/2/2013 10:50:00 AM

TOO ICKY STICKY FOR ME! It does stay on for a while, but I hate that when I wear this my hair gets stuck in my lips and I feel like I have it everywhere! I personally think it has a distasteful scent as well. Don't like!

on 6/21/2013 7:39:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I had been gifted a couple of lovely shades of this product in various sizes which I have distributed to my friends which happen to be fans of the juicy tubes.
Hydrating, beautiful packaging, looks great on lips.
Nevertheless, I would only apply on a calm evening of dining out with my hair up due to the awful thick and sticky texture of the product to which hair sticks to immediately. Awful artificial scents. Extremely over priced for the quality, nothing outstanding. Will not repurchase, will not recommend to a friend.

on 5/25/2013 8:44:00 AM

Eh i hate this. I found it to be so thick and sticky. I couldn't bare to have it on my lips for no longer than 2 mins.. i just hated the feel of it. I'm not a gloss type of person, but i do own other glosses like Chanel and Dior and i like them. Lancome is just a big thumbs down for me.

on 3/31/2013 6:08:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I'm truly not a gloss kinda girl but this stuff taste so good! I know that it sounds weird, but hey, if I'm wearing a matte lippy, I normally just add a touch of this gloss in the center of my lip. The shades are to die for and again, if I have to wear gloss, it may as well taste as good as it looks!

on 3/30/2013 10:00:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

These would be great glosses if they weren't so sheer! The lasting power and the formula is great so it's a shame. I will not repurchase.

Recommended for Medium Skin