E.L.F. Eyebrow Kit

4.3

Brow Gel Ingredient:Paraffinium Liquidum (Mineral Oil) , Ricinus Comunis (Castor) Seed Oil , Talc , Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax , Ozokerite , Methylisothiazolinone , Caprylyl glycol May Contain:Iron Oxides(CI 77491 CI 77492 CI 77499) , Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891) Brow Powder Ingredient:Talc , Mica , Caprylic/Caprictriglycerides , Hydrogenated Polyisobutene , Sodium Dehydroacetate May Contain: Iron Oxide(CI 77491 CI 77492 CI 77499)

When I was starting to do makeup to myself, I was always afraid to touch my brows! Oftentimes, I would let my best friend or my sister to do the job. But when I saw Shaanon in her Youtube channel mention that this is her holy grail in her brow game, I convinced myself that this is the right time to finally learn to touch my brows. And I wasn't dismayed! I would suggest this to beginners and to those who are always in the rush for school or their office. This will get the job done without to much complication. I have a lot of eyebrow products that I use but I always make sure I still have this kit for emergency purposes.

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Nice, cheap and lasts for a long time. - if you use this product, I would recommed using a clear brow gel

Sticky and doesn't blend. I could barely get it to go onto my brows and when it did, I looked comical and like Bert from Sesame Street.

At first this product seemed awful when I swatched it. The powder and gel did not seem pigmented at all. I think it goes on nicely (do not use the applicator included). I always get perfect brows that last. Is this as good as the Benefit product? No. For the price I am sticking with this. I use it in light. I am going to add a picture of my brows.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This was not worth it for me. I tried my best to like it but I found the cream wouldn't blend well, the applicator was awful, and I just didn't even bother using it. It went straight into the trash.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

LOVE IT! Feels like Anastasia or some other high end brand! Stays all day on my brows and its flawless

I love this product. I have it in medium and only use the gel side because like others said the powder is too light. I also don't use the brush that comes with it. I use the ELF small angled brush instead...much easier to work with. My brows are not thin and they aren't very light...I use this mainly to just give them a little more depth and definition and shape them up a bit. I don't think this would work on someone who has thin or light brows that really need attention and filling out. However for me it's perfect because traditional eyebrow pencils make it way too easy for me to accidentally overfill them and make them too stark. I love that it's only $3! Definitely going to buy again.

I got tgis in medium and I tried to like this product but the gel is too light and barely noticeable and the powder is light with an auburnish tint. I have thin eyebrows but the hairs are dark almost black so this is very unnatural on me. I have tried using a lot of the gel since its darker than the powder but the more I put the shinier it looks a few hours later. the powder stay put better it the color is just too light. my hair is light/ medium brown btw. I might try this is dark brown if I find one but I'd rather shop around for a different product. I have always used Anastasia dual brow powder in ebony but it broke and I haven't had the money to buy a new one. of you want a barely there natural look or just need a little something to keep your brows in place this might work but if you have oily skin like me and thin eyebrows this is not the best choice. it does stay put long when both gel and powder are generously applied together but It still looks unnatural on my brows.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

Oh my gosh....ok well first I have to say I'm really not a person who needs eyebrow stuff. I have thick black natural brows but everyone said to try filling them anyway so I did and I liked how a light filling at the arch made them look polished but still natural. However, even though mine are basically black, I use a medium to dark brown filler since I reaaaalllly don't like the harsh thick(er) black look on me. I already have very harsh features so I like the softer look of a mid brown and it blends in well anyway.

SO what does that have to do with this kit? Well I was using an eyeshadow powder (Cover Girl Brown Smolder, sometimes Too Faced Tiple Fudge from the Chocolate Bar which is darker, for reference) and figured why not toss this into my E.l.f. haul? Maybe a gel would help tame the wildness of some of my hairs as well. I chose Dark since I have dark brows and because it looked so much like the medium kit and I could play with the powder too. Plus the shadows I was using were sort of darkish brown.

Well the packaging is cute, I love E.l.f.'s packages. I don't like the brush so much, it's reaaallly small and the powder side is too frayed out and the gel side of the brush is reaaallly tiny. I acutally was using an E.l.f. shadow/liner brush that came with a small shadow pot. It's not full size, just slightly longer and bigger but still flat. I'm sure many people would prefer a full sized brush regardless. I also like that the case is great for traveling including the brush which is convenient to save space even if you don't use it on the daily. Personally, I'd just bring my pencil since I need so little coverage but for serious brow people I would say this is perfect for your purse or travel.

The issue for me is the color. It's just soooo dark on me!! I think I just look too brooding and angry lol. I can't fault the product for that though, since a lot of people like a darker brow. I just can't see myself using it often. I tried to go lighter handed but it's still really harsh on me. But I can't say it lacks pigment. It definitely does not. The powder also looks super light but it's not, it's deceptively darker. I like the powder and might even use that on it's own. So for that I wish I had gotten Medium, but I can't see myself getting another one now that I have this and so many others I can use, especially since I just use so little.

I like the gel too I just don't like a very sharp line around my brows (just personal preference, I know I'm the minority there). So I just try to lightly stipple some inside.

But bottom line, Dark is dark. So if you want a dark brow, I would recommend this, if you wanted a more soft or natural look or aren't as naturally dark, try medium or just a powder.

Update: the more I use this, the more I like it! I notice I reach for just the powder side more to give a softer and slightly lighter look.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I wanted to love this - the packaging is so convenient. I bought the "blonde" hoping that it would be a taupe-ish color since I prefer a neutral/cool toned light brown however this was VERY warm toned, almost reddish. Bummer :(

Popular Brows Products