October 24, 2014 | 1735 users online

Moisturizers - Lacura - Q10 Anti-Wrinkle Night Cream

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2012 4:08:00 AM More reviews by Hoppla

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Fantastic product, absolutely love it.
Paid 1,99.- at Aldi for a 50ml pot.

It sinks in really nicely and my skin feels really nice and soft in the morning.
I like the heavy glass pot as many plastic pots contain chemicals which can transfer to the cream.

I have used this cream now for 4 wks and I am very happy with the results. It defo beats most of the premium brands I have used in the past ( Estee Lauder, Vichy, Biotherm...)

rated 4 of 5 on 11/3/2012 1:09:00 PM More reviews by Afrocutie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have high maintenance skin. Oily but dehydrated, sensitive to some products/ingredients & not others, acne prone and now I'm in the aging demographic. Over the summer had an acne outbreak like no other and the topical Rx were drying my skin out. In the am I would wake up with dry patches, so hence the search for a DS low cost (recession is biting) nightcream. Olay anti-wrinkle is v.basic and not very moisturising, I would slather it on and it wouldn't touch the sides. I read about some award Lacura has received and I went to check it out. Bought this for 2 and used it that night. Only a little was needed and woke up with no dry patches.
Now I have stepped down the night Rx and have no need for such a cream. So now use it in the day under SS and make up. It isn't greasy nor leaves the glycerin shine.
What I don't like about it is the pot, haven't used a cream pot in years also the glass makes it not so good in the bathroom or for travelling.
The fragrance! If u like lily of the valley, or sweetpea perfumes then get it. I'm more of a dark scented perfume lover me, so I have to just wait till my nose gets used to the scent. Hasn't irritated my skin and during my Rx didn't create breakouts.
I have only just read the ingredients properly and it has a bunch of high cloggers in there. But 2, I can't complain too much. I think I will try the aqua complete moisturiser next.
I forgot to mention about the anti wrinkle aspect of it. It costs 2.... Nuff said.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Okay, I have had to put my overall rating for this product up by one to four. Having got used to the artificial floral fragrance I used this day and night until the end of the jar. The results of this on the skin are subtle, very subtle, as it wasn't until I started using something else that I realised the effort of this jar of cream. It is oil free. It doesn't have a large amount of glycerin init, therefore it doesn't create the dreaded shine. It didn't cause breakouts and it moisturised my skin without a residue. On really crap skin days that my skin felt parched and my powder wasn't gonna cut it, I was able to mix this with a little concealer and cream to powder foundation (like tiny amounts seriously 1:4 parts cream, on the back of hand), buff onto my skin after my ss and it helped my skin outby providing moisture so no flakes, without the oil slick and mu coverage that doesn't look like a mask. Honesty my skin only better.
As for the active ingredients, I don't know if I can force myself to believe that this had assisted my skin to even out, as I use a pa++/ spf40 everyday to complement my bha and hp treatments.
The cost of this is 10% of the cream I am using at present and hands down this is great in comparison. I am now looking for another product like this with the same qualities as this without the fragrance. If you have a suggestion pls pm me with it! Thank you for reading. x

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2012 3:01:00 PM More reviews by junkfood

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this based on the excellent reviews I read here on MUA. I paid about $12 CDN on eBay (no Aldi in Canada), and I love it! It's so incredibly moisturizing! The product hasn't made me break out either, but that's rarely been an issue for me. The only drawback is that I haven't noticed a difference in my hyperpigmentation scars. Also,I wish it came in a tube, but the issue of the "antioxidants breaking down in the presence of air" is not that big an issue because you're not leaving the jar open at all times, only when you need it. And remember to close the jar tightly!
I went on a trip to Ireland at the beginning of July, and in Killarney, I walked almost 20 minutes to Aldi and picked up 4 jars for 2 each!! Considering it would cost at least $30 for a VERY similar product under the name of Clinique or Estee Lauder, etc, any drawbacks I have with the product are null.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 8/25/2012 2:22:00 AM More reviews by FreedomDiva

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have to start by saying that my skin has always reacted badly to products with retinol, but having stuck to the same skincare regime for over a year, I got bored and wanted to try some new product, so I decided to try this one due to the excellent reviews. Unfortunately, just like all products with retinol, this broke me out in little red bumps. The other thing that I found quite odd, was that my eyes would get very irritated during the night (I'm mostly aware of that when I get up in the morning) when I had this on. I generally have no problems with fragranced products, so not sure what the reason is, but the perfume in this is stronger than in most fragranced creams. Oh well, at least it was cheap

rated 2 of 5 on 8/16/2012 4:52:00 PM More reviews by RaineKim

PROS:
-Moisturizing enough for my dry skin, though I do put the Lioele Sleeping Pack over this.
-Feels nice when I put it on
-Cheap
-Glass jar (well it seems like it's glass) ~I don't like plastic containers as they tend to have chemicals that gets mixed with the product itself.

CONS:
-The strong smell
-As other people mentioned, you have to stick your finger in, which is very unsanitary (even if you washed your hands)
-It seems like the strong smell irritated my skin as I have very sensitive skin
-It broke me out

CONCLUSION:
I'm disappointed with this cream because a lot of people are obviously raving about it. I used it for about a week and a half, and I can say that it just didn't work for me as much as I wanted it to. The smell is so strong that when I first put it on I felt nauseous and sick. If you don't mind spending a couple of bucks, try this out. It seems to be working for other people, just not for me.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2012 10:56:00 AM More reviews by mickeylush

This is my first review on here, but I HAD to shout from the rooftops how amazing this cream is! I've been using it for a week, and my skin has seriously never looked better! I've had adult acne for the last 10 years, and now I'm starting to get some forehead lines, etc. I've tried every acne wash, proactive, etc. on the market, and felt that if I only had a few spots on my cheeks, that was the best I could hope for. I had quit hoping for *clear* skin. Well, after a week of using this night cream (in conjunction with the Lacura cleanser with Vit B5), my skin is CLEAR! My hyperpigmentation scars are actually disappearing, as well. I don't know whether to laugh or cry, seeing as how this line is marketed as "hydrating" and anti-wrinkle, but I have found the answer to my adult acne problems! My skin looks plump, I haven't had even one new zit, the fine lines on my forehead are reduced, and overall, I just look "glowy." My husband even noticed that my face looked "brighter" (and he barely even notices when I cut or color my hair). Seriously, TRY this product! Even if you don't think you need a "hydrating" anti-wrinkle cream. You might be amazed at the results! *I took off one point for the jar packaging. It's a nice heavy glass jar, but I don't love that I have to stick my finger, or a spatula, in to get the product. Of course, this is a minor, minor flaw in an otherwise wonderful product!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/11/2012 4:41:00 AM More reviews by natalierosie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ordered this on eBay after finding rave reviews here on mua. After using for two weeks, I wanted to post to let others know about my disappointment in this product. I have normal skin and this has not only made me break out, but it has also caused my face to be greasy and red. I buy a ton of products, but only write reviews on a few...Just wanted to let others know that not everyone has a good experience . :(

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2012 6:17:00 PM More reviews by latoyaoneall

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Okay, so I at first was hesitant to pick up this product at my local Aldi because the price was so low. But I figured what the heck, I'll give it a try! I definitely wasn't disappointed! The first night I tried it, I had breakouts and my face looked disgusting, so I put on a thin layer of this cream (after exfoliating) and the next morning, my breakouts were gone! I've been using this cream religiously for about 2 weeks, and my face couldn't look better! I don't have to wear heavy foundation now to cover up my blemishes (which are nonexistent) and my face seems softer and plumper! This product is definitely worth it, I'm going back to Aldi to pick up about 3 or 4 more jars. I also love the fact that the product comes in glass as well...I can't stand plastic because over time, plastic degrades and breaks down into the product so that's another plus for me!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2012 5:31:00 PM More reviews by Shin786

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was one of these people who never ever used to moisturise due to always being scared of breaking out further. My skin is acne prone with pigmentation issues and now I'm beginning to see signs of ageing!!! So I decided I needed to incorporate a moisturiser into my routine especially since I use acid based cleansers etc. I picked this up from aldi for 2 after reading so many rave reviews and I must say I'm totally sold! I've been using it for a month now and my skin looks plumper, glowy and makeup application is so much smoother! Can't comment on whether it has helped with any lines but it hasn't broken me out which in itself is nothing short of a miracle. This is a rich night cream which absorbs well and smells kinda perfumy but I can live with that since I punished my husband plenty with apple cider toner last thing at night! Price is ridiculously cheap for such an awesome cream! Go and get some!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2012 11:35:00 AM More reviews by Purplegal

Thank you MUA for your reviews on this cream - I am officially on the band wagon! At $3.99 it's a steal & my skin likes it better than EL's resilience or Lancome's renergie. In the morning my skin looks & feels soft, supple & refreshed. It never feels greasy and hasn't broken me out. Try it - you'll be shocked at what quality you get for $4