Cover Girl Fresh complexion oil control makeup (powder foundation) [DISCONTINUED]

3.6

Talc, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Dimethicone, Dextrin, Calcium Silicate, Nylon 12, Zinc Stearate, Quaternium 15, Lecithin, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Tridecyl Trimellitate, Silica, Propylparaben, Methicone, Octyldodecyl Myristate, Methylparaben, Lauroyl Lysine, Glyceryl Rosinate, Iron Oxides, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Bismuth Oxychloride, May Contain ( /-):, Ultramarines

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

I got this on a clearance. There weren't any samples so I got what I believed to be a shade closest to my skin (buff beige), but it was extremely dark and extremely pink. So instead, I now use it as a contour. It works nicely, there's this satiny texture so because of it's texture, it's not very buildable. Just beware, the colours are darker than usual.

on 5/28/2010 11:37:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I would compare this to Studio Fix Powder Foundation. I used to use this when I was going thru some hard money times. It works just fine. The only downside is that they dont have as many shades as MAC to chose from so it makes it hard to keep repurchasing. But is is def Dept Store quality.

on 5/7/2010 6:11:00 PM

This is currently my favorite powder foundation. I just love it. I have tried several powder foundations since giving up Bare Minerals, which had started to look very bad on me. This is by far the best of any powder foundation I have tried, in any price range.

The coverage is very good for a powder foundation. I would say it is a medium coverage. I apply it with the sponge that comes with it. With a brush, I just don't get enough coverage.

It is very creamy, not dry at all. I can use it around my eyes without it looking dry or accentuating the lines around my eyes. They color stays true on my skin, no oxidation. It feels wonderful on my skin, and looks natural.

I had purchased Clinique Almost Powder foundation a couple of times, but will not purchase again, because this does a much, much better job for a fraction of the price. I paid about $6 at Walmart.

I absolutely will repurchase this product.

on 4/1/2010 9:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I really like this, the coverage, price, oil control, and even the blue container. Sadly, it's too freaking dark, even though I got the lightest shade. I even have the clean makeup liquid in ivory (also the lightest shade) but that matches perfectly. Why oh why are they different? I don't even look tan, I just look dirty! Damn you Covergirl!
I DEMAND MORE PALE SHADES!!

on 3/19/2010 11:51:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I actually got this from a friend, so I didn't expect much at first, but I really like it!
After applying concealer and foundation, I use this to set all my makeup. It works really well and gives a matte finish.
The only thing that I don't like is the sponge. It gets dirty real fast. You just have to wash it frequently.

on 3/15/2010 1:13:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I was using this as a setting powder as well as a blotting powder throughout the day. I love maybelline dream matte powder but I was looking for something with more coverage for my blot/press powder. It applies nicely, although with a heavy hand it can and will look heavy or chalky. It's best to use a kabuki brush (mine is the ecotools retractable) but sometimes it adds so much bulk to my bag I just go ahead and use the sponge provided and it still applies nicely with light application.

Oil control was pretty good, I probably needed to blot about twice the whole day, much better oil control than Shiseido's powdery. This did not break me out!

So why a lower rating? This powder oxidized to a disgusting shade of orange on my skin. I would blot usually around my nose midday and a few hours later I would look at a mirror and I could see a vile dark streak down the bridge of my nose, exactly where I applied. This powder was SO close to becoming my favorite d/g powder. Maybelline Dream Matte still remains my favorite.

For reference, I'm NC30 asian with oily and acne prone skin.

on 3/4/2010 3:00:00 AM

Maybe a week ago, I went to Rite Aid, and tried looking back at what setting powder I used in High School. It was a toss, between the green compact and blue compact. I assumed the green (it was always more apparent in my stash and I grew up with it for many years) and didn't even look the blue over. A couple days ago, I realized and remembered it was the blue compact I picked up my senior or junior year, with the green once and awhile. I love both dearly, but I love this one a little more. It's less chalky, does well with a brush, and provides nice, and natural, coverage. I'm going to permanently throw it back in, because it gave me flawless skin, with my foundation.

on 2/4/2010 2:47:00 AM

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

i like this powder because it's fragrance free and it covers superbly! love the sleek compact design.

on 1/18/2010 8:29:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

After finishing my MAC Studio Fix compact, I decided to try a cheaper powder because I found that I wasn't loving my MAC compact enough to buy another. I usually hate drugstore powders because you can't really try them to see if the color will match well with your skin. I think that the variety of colors for this product is not so great. I didn't want to try the lightest shade because I was afraid it would turn out to be too light so I went for the second lightest. It leaves me looking SLIGHTLY darker but it's ok because it evens out my skin tone. I might try the lighter one next time. But aside from the color issue, I really like this compact, better than the MAC one. I have oily skin and this product leaves my skin shine free, vs MAC which now seems chalky to me. I still get a little oily, but I just love the texture of this powder, it's so soft. During the days when I want a more natural look, i use a soft brush instead of the sponge it comes with.

on 1/10/2010 12:30:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I bought this because i wanted a powder to carry with me when i do touchups during the day. After reading reviews on MUA i decided to go with this. It gets the job done, i use it with my ecotools blush brush and just lights dust it over my face when im oily. Controls oil, not all day but then again im an oil slick. Doesnt cake. It does not have that horrid cover girl smell which is a plus. It doesnt deposit an extreme amount of color but its definitly buildable. Comes with a sponge, and a nice big mirror in the compact. Packaging is very flimsy and cheapy. Overall if i would repurchase.