September 1, 2014 | 1951 users online

Mascara - Blinc Mascara

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2013 9:54:00 PM More reviews by cpickard

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Dance party! No smudges, no stains, yet it comes off easily with just water if you gently rub your lashes from the roots outward after wetting your face.

Creates a thickened, darkened but fairly natural lash that does not bleed off onto your skin even in the most humid conditions.

This used to be called Kiss Me, now it's Blinc. They have improved the design of the wand (fuller brush, more bristles) since the last time I bought it two years ago. I think they've also changed the formula so it's less wet.

They took a nearly perfect product and made it perfect. It used to take at least a minute to dry, meaning you had to avoid blinking for quite a long time to not mark up your under-eye area. Even with that problem, it was still my favourite mascara. Now it has a faster dry time, and the more bristly brush means it combs through the lashes better to individualize them, avoiding any clumps or wet patches.

I love this stuff. After my last tube ran out I experimented with other brands for a while, because of the earlier problems mentioned. But nothing else worked any better, so last week I went back to it, and I'm so glad I did.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/27/2013 8:28:00 PM More reviews by Paintedlily62

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this for a natural-workday-lengthening mascara. This mascara is a wetter formula that dries glossy black (unusual, but really pretty). To get the most out of this make sure to curl your lashes. You do have to work quickly and using a lash comb is a good idea because lashes try to fuse together a bit while this is drying. However, once it's dry, it doesn't budge (not in a dry and crunchy way...a very soft and flexible sort of way). It's actually pretty fun to take off. Rinse your lashes with lukewarm water and very gently rub/massage/pull the tubes from your lashes. Don't force them off, let the warm water do it's job. I have experienced less fall-out and softer lashes since switching to this (and applying olive oil at night). Even though it is expensive, I will absolutely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/23/2013 7:48:00 AM More reviews by nicola9

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This mascara is HG!!! I have tried so many mascaras from DiorShow and Lancome Virtuose to Covergirl and Maybelline. The one MAJOR difference is the fact that regardless what I do during the day or night, when it came time to take my makeup off, I always had some mascara "dust" under my eyes...until I tried Blinc mascara!!

I'd heard about tubular mascaras for a while and after a long weekend of birthdays and other celebrations I really noticed the cracks starting to show on my mascara, at the time the Hourglass Film Noir. So I made a snap decision to finally give this Blinc mascara a go. I have been using it for over a month and I have never looked back. Forgotten are all my other mascaras, at the back of my bathroom cabinet.

At first I was a little weary but the key to using this mascara is super clean eyelashes and a little confidence. For everyday I can get the perfect look with only one swipe! I can have a more dramatic look with only 1-2 more coats.

A couple of tips that I've discovered:
-act quickly, this mascara dries from liquid to tube quite quickly so focus on one eye then move to the other
-wiggle the wand horizontally to stop clumps from forming from the liquid drying unevenly between the lashes
-curl lashes prior to applying the mascara
-water or pressure alone will not remove the mascara, I found it quite easy to remove, however I prefer to take it off in the shower or when I'm cleansing with a damp wash cloth

For the time being this is my go-to mascara. But if you try it definitely play around with a couple of different techniques and see what works best for you. I would highly recommend giving this mascara a try!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/17/2013 7:56:00 PM More reviews by Amelie1029

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this mascara! I have had the hardest time finding a formula that won't irritate my super sensitive eyes and will last all day. My eyes tend to water a lot and yet this mascara never runs. I also love that you don't need eye makeup remover to take it off, Just a combination of warm water and pressure does the trick. The only downside is once it is dried, there is no adding to it. So if you want a thick coat you have to build it up right away.

I don't remember exactly what I paid for it but I remember thinking it wasn't too bad, plus it really is worth it!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/7/2013 2:01:00 AM More reviews by kittypuppy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Overall, I like this mascara, but it's not completely perfect and does have some cons to it. My favorite thing about it is the ease of removal - using just warm water and gentle pressure to remove. It will not smudge or smear at all once dry and is pretty waterproof (as long as you don't rub your eyes while wet!)

It gives a nice long, pretty, dark look, but I find the brush tends to stick a bunch of lashes together almost like a cartoon character's eyes, so I like to comb through with a lash comb while still wet.

Once it has dried though, you are stuck with it. It is really hard to apply a second coat or freshen it up, so if you want to do that, you kind of have to wash it off and start over. You absolutely cannot comb your lashes once it is dried as they become very hard, brittle and stuck together, very inflexible which is one of my least favorite things about it.

*very important* DO NOT use a makeup remover to try to remove it!! It ruins the formula of the mascara and makes it really hard to remove, it becomes gluey and stuck to the lashes. I was very scared of losing lashes the one time I made that mistake and will definitely not do it again.

At $26 it's one of the most expensive mascaras I've tried. I like the look, and love the removal ease, but dislike the hardness of lashes and the fact that you can't apply a second coat or comb through once dry, so I'm undecided whether I will repurchase... I love the concept of tubing though and hope these mascaras continue to improve.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2013 11:03:00 AM More reviews by ExoticAlbino

I really like this mascara. It gives my lashes a natural look, yet still definitely does it's job. If you're looking for a clumpy, false lash look - this isn't the right mascara for you. The price is a bit high but it's worth it for a mascara that can last all day thru the TX heat/humidity on my pizza face. I love how it actually tubes on my lashes & only comes off in warm water. This mascara is sort of fun to remove!!! I'd reccomend & will repurchase. Blinc was my first tubing mascara experience. I am hooked for life.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2013 11:50:00 AM More reviews by panchita64

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I keep thinking there is a better mascara out there because I am not too thrilled with the brush. But this is the ONLY mascara I can wear and not end up with mascara under my eyes. I work 24 hour shifts as a flight nurse and am exposed to the elements...I can put this on and completely forget about it. It is really a "natural" look mascara.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2013 4:06:00 PM More reviews by Coffeeberry

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Well starts off with the fact I've got seriously oily eyelids, so I've always looked for smudge-proof mascaras that wouldn't give me raccoon eyes half an hour after application. I'd never realised that truly smudge-proof mascaras needed to be tubing mascaras (because water-proof mascaras don't resist oil!) so when I found this out I went for this Blinc mascara.

This has its pros and cons, but I can tell you that this baby will not smudge. I wore this out for a day and came back in the evening ecstatic to see that it never smudged. With this I will now no longer self-consciously wipe away at the corners of my eyes just in case my mascaras smudging. Such a relief!

The formula and brush for this don't exactly give me my ideal lashes (the mascara that's done that is Max Factor's False Lash Effect in particular the waterproof version) because it has a tendency to make my lashes stick together looking almost stick-like and it refuses to hold a curl (a common tubing mascara problem apparently). I combat these issues respectively by using a toothpick/pin to separate the lashes and pinching away extra mascara at the end of my lashes and I wait for the formula to just about dry and curl my lashes again so it stays in place with a curl. With those solutions I end up with lashes I'm happy with! It may sound like a chore but I'm quite picky with lashes since mine are so short and straight (asian lashes, man), and it's something I tend to do with every mascara I've tried because I like tapered ends

Removing this mascara is really simple as well, I dip my fingers in water and gently rub my lashes between my fingers, slowly edging my fingers away as the mascara tubes slide off. Don't tug, because with any mascara brand that could pull some lashes out :O!

Bottom line: If you've always had a problem with oily lids that make your mascara smudge very quickly, this mascara (or in fact any tubing mascara) is the way to go. They're not designed to hold curls but if you're willing to put in a bit more time and effort they can manage it throughout the day!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/14/2013 5:45:00 PM More reviews by AlisonB

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I read a lot of reviews, but don't normally write them. However I wanted to tell people about this mascara because it IS different and my one and only HG product. I'm in my 50s now and have looked for decades for a mascara that doesn't smudge beneath my eyes.

This is definitely the best mascara for me, BUT there's a couple of things I would say about using it -

1. I'm looking for darker and more defined lashes, not the fattest and longest lashes I can get. I love the look this mascara gives me because you can tell I'm wearing mascara and I like the finish as it's not OTT, but it won't suit everyone.

2. The way I use it is to apply the mascara BEFORE I apply any other makeup. This way it doesn't budge until I take it off. I don't apply it straight after I moisturise either and wait 10/15 minutes after applying moisturiser. It does take some time to learn to apply your other makeup when you're wearing mascara, but it's worth it when you've looked for a mascara for as long as I have.

3. I only apply one coat, but I don't stop applying it until I've got the look I want.

4. It comes off really easy with a wet wash cloth.

5. The sample size is not representative of the full size product because the brush with the sample size is simply rubbish.

It's the most expensive mascara I've tried and I wish it was cheaper, so I could give it 5 stars.

If you struggle to find a mascara that lasts until you take it off, spend the money on this mascara. ;-)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2013 6:11:00 AM More reviews by Venlanen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

Loving the fact it has two shades of brown for us fair ladies. Does clump a bit, but easily solved with a lash comb. Copious crying makes it come off (in its usual strings) if my lashes rub against my glasses. Vastly prefer this to for example Kanebo 38C mascara.