Guerlain Terracotta Bronzing powder

4.2

Talc, Nylon-12, Lauroyl Lysine, Magnesium Myristate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Octyl Palmitate, Squalene, Acrylates Copolymer, Glycerin, Boron Nitride, Dimethicone, Zinc Stearate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraoctanoate, Phenoxyethanol, Serine, Allantoin, Ethylparaben, Fragrance, Methicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Propylparaben, Tetrasodium EDTA, Tocopheryl Linoleate, Sodium Hyaluronate. May Contain: Iron Oxides, Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride, Titanium Dioxide.

on 11/17/2012 11:54:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I only got this bronzer to use for contouring, I got the shade 7. I have dark skin and I could not find any bronzer that's dark enough or did not have any glitter. I also like the fact this does not go red on my skin when applied. I only need a little bit plus it is easy to blend.

My only pet peeve with this one is the price. It is really expensive for what it is. I do love the classic packaging however you would think Guerlain would at least include some kind of a brush or at least a pouch to go with the compact. I have to say I am so careful with this compact since it is so delicate. If you drop this it's done.

I would buy this again once it's done unless I find another brand that looks great for contouring. I think this would last me for at least 3 years. In the end this is worth my money.

on 10/28/2012 11:57:00 PM

The whole matching up based on eye and hair color seems really gimicky but it actually works, the blonde/blue eye shade is perfect for me. I look glowy and healthy not orange or sparkly like most bronzers. The price is nutso but nearly worth it I think.

on 10/24/2012 4:56:00 PM

Probably the most expensive product I have in my makeup bag, but it's worth it! Since I have very fair skin naturally I've always had problems with finding the perfect bronzer that does not overdo it. This bronzer is therefor perfect for me, it looks naturally on me, and it's easy to apply. Well spent money and I will definitely buy it again!

on 9/20/2012 10:20:00 PM

Its an OK product, really. It has a nice matte color that looks good even on my light skin tone. But its nothing special though. I think it was kinda expensive.. 50 dollars. probably the only product ive used so much money on..
Good thing a little goes a loooong way :- ))

on 8/17/2012 8:57:00 PM

I believe Guerlain was among the first if not the first to manufacture bronzers. I think they were marketed differently then and not under the bronzer name. I bought my first one when I was still on college some twenty years ago or so. I recall it being more orange and sparkly, so this version is a welcome, refined update.

It suits my NC42 skin very well in summer and suits my NC40 skin well in winter. It's easy to apply too much, so a little goes a long way. I just like to sweep it under cheekbones, hitting the temples and under the chin mostly. I have applied it to decolletage when my tan fades. I consider this a staple.

on 8/15/2012 11:20:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

Hg right here peeps I love this bronzeri have naturally tanned Asian skin but this gives it a real healthy glow and is great for contouring. It's not sparkly which I love I have no 5 I will deffintly repurchase soon to try a different shade

on 7/4/2012 5:25:00 AM

This is the perfect bronzer. It's not orange and not a dirty brown. PLUS is has no horrid glitter!
It is easy to apply without looking overloaded. Pigmented, but not so much that you would get a blob on your face as soon as your brush hits your skin. Very blend able and creamy and leaves a flawless finish on the skin. It doesn't look powdery or look like it's sitting onto of the skin or hiding in any open pores. it really does blend into your skin/foundation.
Although it is pricey, it lasts forever. I have two on the go and i've had them for over 10 years. If i ever hit pan i won't buy anything else. I don't think i've seen anything available like it. Matt/satin finish, perfect natural colour. Looks lovely purely as a blush colour also.
I'm an NC20, Chanel Beige 20 and it's my ideal.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have been using this bronzer for at least five years now and consistently repurchase as it is amazing! I use shade 01. It brings my face to life by adding depth and dimension. I feel like I look dead without it! In addition to using it on my temples, chin, nose and down my neck, I primarily use it as a contour on my cheeks as it is a matt bronzer and if applied correctly it really does just look like a natural shadow on your cheekbones. Gorgeous! Could not rave about this bronzer enough.

on 5/4/2012 3:20:00 PM

Perfection! When it comes to Guerlain,they do pretty much everything very well.Bronzing and highlighting is the brand's signature and this products also does not disappoint but performs beyond dreams.

I don't really like the concept of bronzers.To me,they never look great or natural.I am a NC15,living in a warm city.My skin gets tanned easily,while I use high SPF on my face,I can't say that I am that careful for the rest of my body which leaves me with a bronze body and a white face during summer.
The bronzers I have are the ones that can mostly used as blush or contouring color so this is my first real bronzer.I was thinking that I would use this as a "no blush" blush but this baby turned me,the bronzer virgin,into a bronze goddess.My review is for the shade 00:

Guerlain offers a wide shade selection.The 00 is for the cool undertones If you find bronzers have a tendency of turning orange on you,you probably need a bronzer with a decent shade formulation,such as this one.The 00 leaves a soft sun kissed color on my face.It is not orange,gray,muddy and nowhere near looking unnatural.It is not very intense,which doesn't mean that it is not pigmented.The sheer veil of color looks totally gorgeous and real.

The texture is perfect like all the other Guerlain powder products I have come across,truly soft,buttery and knowhere near powdery.The product has micro shimmer but it doesn't really transfer shimmery on the face.It is more like glowy.The soft powder blends like a dream,doesn't look patchy like some extra pigmented Nars-Mac blushes and it does not emphasize imperfections(pores-dry patches) but hides them.With the perfect formula,it does not sit on your skin like patchy powder.A good product melts into your skin as if it is your own coloring and this is exactly what this bronzer does.

On my oily skin it lasts really long.I wear make up for long hours and pretty much all of my work remains until I take it off.The fading process of Guerlain products impress me.When they wear off,they don't turn out to be patchy.It is more like the color on your face fades all together level by level so after 8-9 long hours,the color looks less intense but still well applied.

Unlike many other Guerlain products,this one is not heavily fragranced.It definetely has a smell-quite floral that is,but I don't really smell it during the application or on my face.
I really like the packacing and the fact that it does not come with a useless but huge brush.The compact is a beautiful art deco piece,it feels classic and nostalgic,and of course elegant.I wish it was a little heavier though.

The bronzing technic is growing on me.Terracotta looked so beautiful on my cheeks that it encoureged me to use it on the rest of my face.So far,I surprised how great it actually turned out even with my inexperienced application.I got compliments on how alive my skin was looking from people that really don't like make up so I am totally convinced that it's effect is beyond real

Of course,this is an expensive invesment.But it is Guerlain,a brand that represents luxury,so I don't find it necessary to take points down.I personally think that it is worth it.The terracottas were first launched by Guerlain and they seem that they know what they are doing.I prefer having a real Terracotta over 2 Nars/Mac bronzers or any other(Dior,Chanel or drugstore).Last word: Perfect!

on 4/29/2012 8:56:00 AM

Featherlight, so application and adherence superb: no harshness or dryness whatsoever. Natural but buildable colour result too, with just the right amount of subtle shimmer. A market leader.

Popular Bronzers