September 21, 2014 | 1010 users online

Bronzers - Guerlain - Terracotta Bronzing powder

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2012 11:20:00 AM More reviews by genyem

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Hg right here peeps I love this bronzeri have naturally tanned Asian skin but this gives it a real healthy glow and is great for contouring. It's not sparkly which I love I have no 5 I will deffintly repurchase soon to try a different shade

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2012 5:25:00 AM More reviews by JINXUK

This is the perfect bronzer. It's not orange and not a dirty brown. PLUS is has no horrid glitter!
It is easy to apply without looking overloaded. Pigmented, but not so much that you would get a blob on your face as soon as your brush hits your skin. Very blend able and creamy and leaves a flawless finish on the skin. It doesn't look powdery or look like it's sitting onto of the skin or hiding in any open pores. it really does blend into your skin/foundation.
Although it is pricey, it lasts forever. I have two on the go and i've had them for over 10 years. If i ever hit pan i won't buy anything else. I don't think i've seen anything available like it. Matt/satin finish, perfect natural colour. Looks lovely purely as a blush colour also.
I'm an NC20, Chanel Beige 20 and it's my ideal.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2012 12:30:00 AM More reviews by sillybillykirsty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have been using this bronzer for at least five years now and consistently repurchase as it is amazing! I use shade 01. It brings my face to life by adding depth and dimension. I feel like I look dead without it! In addition to using it on my temples, chin, nose and down my neck, I primarily use it as a contour on my cheeks as it is a matt bronzer and if applied correctly it really does just look like a natural shadow on your cheekbones. Gorgeous! Could not rave about this bronzer enough.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2012 3:20:00 PM More reviews by nekroze

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Perfection! When it comes to Guerlain,they do pretty much everything very well.Bronzing and highlighting is the brand's signature and this products also does not disappoint but performs beyond dreams.

I don't really like the concept of bronzers.To me,they never look great or natural.I am a NC15,living in a warm city.My skin gets tanned easily,while I use high SPF on my face,I can't say that I am that careful for the rest of my body which leaves me with a bronze body and a white face during summer.
The bronzers I have are the ones that can mostly used as blush or contouring color so this is my first real bronzer.I was thinking that I would use this as a "no blush" blush but this baby turned me,the bronzer virgin,into a bronze goddess.My review is for the shade 00:

Guerlain offers a wide shade selection.The 00 is for the cool undertones If you find bronzers have a tendency of turning orange on you,you probably need a bronzer with a decent shade formulation,such as this one.The 00 leaves a soft sun kissed color on my face.It is not orange,gray,muddy and nowhere near looking unnatural.It is not very intense,which doesn't mean that it is not pigmented.The sheer veil of color looks totally gorgeous and real.

The texture is perfect like all the other Guerlain powder products I have come across,truly soft,buttery and knowhere near powdery.The product has micro shimmer but it doesn't really transfer shimmery on the face.It is more like glowy.The soft powder blends like a dream,doesn't look patchy like some extra pigmented Nars-Mac blushes and it does not emphasize imperfections(pores-dry patches) but hides them.With the perfect formula,it does not sit on your skin like patchy powder.A good product melts into your skin as if it is your own coloring and this is exactly what this bronzer does.

On my oily skin it lasts really long.I wear make up for long hours and pretty much all of my work remains until I take it off.The fading process of Guerlain products impress me.When they wear off,they don't turn out to be patchy.It is more like the color on your face fades all together level by level so after 8-9 long hours,the color looks less intense but still well applied.

Unlike many other Guerlain products,this one is not heavily fragranced.It definetely has a smell-quite floral that is,but I don't really smell it during the application or on my face.
I really like the packacing and the fact that it does not come with a useless but huge brush.The compact is a beautiful art deco piece,it feels classic and nostalgic,and of course elegant.I wish it was a little heavier though.

The bronzing technic is growing on me.Terracotta looked so beautiful on my cheeks that it encoureged me to use it on the rest of my face.So far,I surprised how great it actually turned out even with my inexperienced application.I got compliments on how alive my skin was looking from people that really don't like make up so I am totally convinced that it's effect is beyond real

Of course,this is an expensive invesment.But it is Guerlain,a brand that represents luxury,so I don't find it necessary to take points down.I personally think that it is worth it.The terracottas were first launched by Guerlain and they seem that they know what they are doing.I prefer having a real Terracotta over 2 Nars/Mac bronzers or any other(Dior,Chanel or drugstore).Last word: Perfect!

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2012 8:56:00 AM More reviews by ceen

Featherlight, so application and adherence superb: no harshness or dryness whatsoever. Natural but buildable colour result too, with just the right amount of subtle shimmer. A market leader.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/26/2012 5:43:00 PM More reviews by mikky2010

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really wanted to love this bronzer, especially after reading such fabulous reviews. Despite it's cult like following, I found it to be too strong.
I have fair skin but I can still tan and look more like I have a medium tone. I purchased this in 00, which I believe is the lightest shade. It was just way too over powering. I thought that maybe I had put too much on so with the second attempt I barely touched my brush to the powder...same results.
I'm fine with spending money on expensive products if they deliver. Clearly the pigment quality of this bronzer is very good, but maybe too good for light skin tones.
Even it came in a lighter shade, I would have no margin for error.
I would actually try this on your face before you buy it (my mistake was simply getting a dusting on the back of my hand).
Bummed that I couldn't join the legions of women who swear by this bronzer.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2012 4:37:00 PM More reviews by jackdog

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The best, have used or more than 20 years! i stray everyonce in a while but ALWAYS return!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2012 8:34:00 AM More reviews by KrisLaurin

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm finishing my first Terracotta Bronzing and Moisturising Powder 01 and about to buy another one after a year of daily use. It is not orange on fair skin, it stays remarkably well (no need to reapply throughout the day), it has no glitter which, to me, is an advantage (more tasteful so to speak). The disadvantage is the box which broke after half a year so the upper cap doesn't close and I can't carry it in my bag. Otherwise the product fully proves to be worth the legend.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2012 11:01:00 PM More reviews by MakeMeUp19

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have been on the search for a perfect bronzer for MONTHS because I have finally stopped spray tanning and I am now the palest of the pale. I got a 00 in this bronzer but will probably get an 02 for the summer. I LOVE it! It is not too orangey at all! Anyone who says this is not wearing the right color (01 was too orange on me). This is a hard color to find though! Only one out of three counters had it! But it is so smooth and I only use three taps to cover my whole face! This will last me FOREVER!! I tried bronzers from Chanel, Dior, Too Faced, Benefit, Drugstore, EVERYTHING! And this was the only bronzer that looked natural on me, so for me it is well worth the money since it will be my only bronzer in my collection. Go to a counter to get color matched though! Online colors are rather deceiving.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2012 9:58:00 PM More reviews by trina856

So I finally gave in to the guerlain bronzer hype and I'm glad I did.i will admit I'm a bit of a bronzer addict,so my collection would not be complete without this. I'm a nw30 in Mac,a 9 in ysl tient resist.i have natural red undertones brown eyes and light brown/ dark blonde hair. That being said I chose the brunettes number 5. It gives a warm glow to my skin,no orange.i think a lot of you that are saying its too orange are choosing the wrong color.it does have a particularly strong smell but it doesn't bother me.its very finely milled and the packaging is gorgeous.all u need is to basically tap your brush into the product 2 or 3 times for each side of your face.i use my Bobbi brown bronzer brush and get a great result.i chose number 5 as I knew summer is coming but will go back and purchase the number 3 for fall and winter. I have read that the brunettes offer the nicest colors and are a cooler tone than the blondes are. I switched a lot of the blonde sin sephora and they all looked too red for me and the brunettes looked to be more neutral. Def glad I splurged on this bronzer and it's nw a part of my collection.