MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Perfect Topping (2009) [DISCONTINUED]

4.7

on 11/12/2009 6:24:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Amazing product, I use it when I don't have lightscapade, it makes my face look flawless, i highly recomend purchasing this!

on 11/5/2009 9:01:00 AM

I agree with the reviewer below, this is buildable from a light daytime glow to a stronger night time look. I have the soft and gentle msf and I find that this one is a bit finer in texture - probably because it doesnt have so many glittery gold bits running through it. Its a subtle silvery-ish colour. It gives a fine, candle-lit glow and doesnt make your pores look as large as the soft and gentle. I think this is pale and neutral enough to look great on lighter skin tones, whereas the darker msf's may be a bit too strong. I love wearing this when I do a red lip and black cat eye, just to give the skin a bit more of a light-ish sheen. Sort of makes you look a bit doll like too! For reference I'm a chanel 20 skintone.

on 10/21/2009 6:25:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I really love this skinfinish. I canīt image how did i live without it. Itīs a great highliter, perfect for wearing during day. Also if you use under your makeup, it makes really interesting glow. I use that all over my face and it brings really healthy look to my face. I think that this is best shade of all mineral skinfinishes from MAC and it could be used by everyone cause this shade is really neutral and it will really fit.

on 10/18/2009 7:45:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

It is a great highlighter, but I find it a bit too shimmery for me. It'll be nice for those summer days, but if you want to use it for any other seasons, it would be a bit weird, atleast for my NC25-30 skintone.

on 10/6/2009 10:25:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

It's hard to go wrong with Perfect Topping. It's a very safe highlighter, you can't overdo it. I like that it perks up my face without being obvious. It just gives me a little bit of something to make my skin look more alive. This is definitely a highlighter only, not pigmented enough for a blush. For reference, I'm NW20

on 10/6/2009 10:15:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this product on a whim, having heard great things about it. I am not a 'huge' fan of MSFs but I wanted to give this one a shot, and I am glad I did. I have had it a month and it's been my go-to highlighter ever since. I apply it with a skunk brush lightly over the bridge of my nose/middle forehead, cheeks & chin and it gives me a nice natural looking glow, without glitter. I am so glad I took a chance on it.

on 10/3/2009 2:03:00 PM

Looks pretty in the pan & amazing on my skin. I layer it on so its more noticeable. I use it to highlight my cheekbones & put it on the tip of my nose. I layer Benefit High Beam on top of PT to make it more dramatic, but alone, Perfect Topping is pretty.

on 9/18/2009 8:21:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I AM IN LOVE WITH THIS MSF. I USE IT EVERY SINGLE DAY AS A HIGHLIGHT. ITS SO SAD ITS LIMITED EDITION.

on 9/13/2009 7:11:00 PM

I LOVE this MSF. It is the one I reach for every day as a natural shimmer highlight. I know that not everyone likes having that much shimmer on your face and I was very skeptical about it too but all this does is combine shimmer with neutral tones to create a gorgeous glow. I have NC15 skin and this is a great highlight for my skin but I think it would also work perfectly on darker skin tones too. Plus i can't stop looking at it as it really is one of the prettiest MSF's out there! This is a definite must buy, mine is still dome shaped but i'm already worrying about finding a backup for this. If you get the chance to buy this definitely purchase it, it really is one of my HG face products.

on 9/12/2009 1:32:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

LOVE THIS.
I was a bit skeptical about swapping for this, after hearing that it was mostly suited for lighter skin tones, but i absolutely adore it! Really finely milled that is the most perfect highlighter you could ever ask for, really. Shame that it's LE... love love love!