Revlon ColorStay Ultimate Liquid Lipstick

2.9

Isododecane, Dimethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Polyethylene, Disteardimonium Hectorite, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Propylene Carbonate, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Methicone, Sorbic Acid. May Conatain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Iron Oixdes (Ci 77491, 77492, 77499), Red 7 Lake (Ci 15850), Red 6 Lake (Ci 15850), Yellow 5 Lake (Ci 19140), Red 33 Lake (Ci 17200), Yellow 6 (Ci 15985), Carmine (Ci 75470).

on 8/7/2012 3:54:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I was looking for a long wearing liquid lip product and saw all the many shades available in this. The color showed up nicely, but my lips felt extremely dry, and the texture became cakey soon after applying. Stay from this & dont waste your money.

on 7/28/2012 8:21:00 AM

This lip product is horrible. First you have to apply this very quickly it drys so fast and it dried out my lips so much! too much product comes out and it makes your lips stick together. I recently tried it out again yesterday heres my story, I put it on to just give it another try when I put it on I took off as much as I could on the brush it automatically started to dry out my lips so I put a gloss over top it looked fine I thought I found something that could work. To my horror and hour later the gloss wore off and the liquid lipstick dried into patches onto my lips. I had to run to the bathroom and literally scrub my lips to get it off. I do not recommend anyone getting this its horrible. Finished look is dry, cracky lips and its a mess to take off because it dries like glue. It's like putting coloured glue onto your lips.

on 7/26/2012 7:33:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I bought the Premium Pink the day before yesterday, at Walmart for $8.97. Then bought one at CVS for $10.97 in the Stellar Sundown. The shades are okay but it seems the 2 I picked are very similar in color. (looked different in bottle).

BUT THE BIG NEWS IS: Last night I found a lot of them in all colors starting at $5.00, including free s/h. She had a 'Buy it Now' or 'Best Offer' on it. She was asking $5.19, but took my offer of only $4.50!!! By the way, the color I bought from her is Superb Sangria. That should show up on my lips. LOL

This is the finest one step long wearing lipstick I've ever found to really work, and I'm 57.

on 7/23/2012 3:36:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

A friend of mine had recommended this product to me. When I first tried it on, I noticed it was glossy like a lip gloss (which I hate). But after it dried, it felt very stiff on my lips. You can definitely feel that you have something on your lips. Because it's so dry, you'll absolutely need a Chapstick or lip balm. It's more of a lipstain rather than a lipstick because for one, it actually stays on and you can feel it on your lips and drys on. Other than that, I like how it stays on after you eat, drink, ect.

Pros: long wear, multi-colors
Cons: over drying lips

on 7/15/2012 1:18:00 AM

Color is ok (I got the pinkest pink one)...went on smooth and felt ok but then after about it miniute it turned into glue on my lips. Like it literally felt like glue, when I pressed my lips together they stuck! Disgusting! Im definitely returning this.

on 7/14/2012 1:00:00 PM

First of all, I need to take responsibility for being stupid enough to purchase 3 of these lippies as opposed to just buying one and/or before reading the reviews. I bought ultimate orchid, brilliant bordeux, and premier plum. The beautiful colors really caught my eye and I prefer lip products in a tube because they don't get soft or melty in warm weather. Unfortunately, the color in the tube was the only bright spot in the whole experience of trying this lip product.
#1) The product goes on thinly and seems impossible to apply in a precise manner because the applicator brings out way too much product. There is no device in the tube edge to catch extra product off the applicator.
#2) The product quickly dried out into a flat, cakey, pasty finish.
#3) It didn't stop drying until my lips were shrivelled up and completely lined. Lip lines that I never knew existed showed up and were accentuated. Seriously, it was as though I had applied slugbait to my lips.
#4) I have tried to work and work with this product by applying various balms and moisturizers both before and after applying the colorstay. However, no combination of lip balms seems to help. In fact, applying a lip balm seems to ensure that the colorstay will crumble into little pieces that sticks to my front teeth. Ugh!!
Never again, never, ever again. All these lippies are sitting at the bottom of my trash. What a horrible product. :-(

I bought this yesterday and used it today. Sadly it did not perform very well. It remained tacky and color cracked on my lips.

Will not buy again.

on 6/13/2012 8:41:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

This is the worst lipstick I have ever used! Paid a lot of money and the results were horrendous. Became dry soon after application and peeled off in bits on my lip leaving some parts red and other parts not. Waste of money!!

on 6/2/2012 6:42:00 AM

awful!!!
I bought this product on a plurge as I usually buy cheaper lipglosses. Because of the price I thought it would be brilliant. I like light soft pinks for the summer so i got just that. This product makes me look like a drag queen. It isn't glossy at all, it sticks to every crack in my lips, drys up, shrivels, gets extremely sticky and makes it way above the outline of my lips every time. I tried it with other ligloss, carmax and vaseline to give it some moisture an nothing worked , i had to scrub it off! and yes i do have very normal lips, would not reccommendand i think it should be taken off the market as it is completely useless.

on 5/11/2012 12:33:00 AM

I LOVE these lipsticks!! I mostly use them when I go on vacation with my boyfriend. He likes that he doesn't get covered in lipcolor :) I put it on and swim and kiss and it stays on all day! I can be sure that my lips look gorgeous the whole time :) I have this in 'stellar sunrise' 'perfect peony' and 'top notch tulip'.. I really suggest these! using lipgloss on top does decrease the wear a little, but I don't usually need it. I definitely want to pick up some more colors!!

Popular Lipsticks