August 22, 2014 | 1854 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - ColorStay Ultimate Liquid Lipstick

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 6/13/2012 8:41:00 PM More reviews by kchadee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the worst lipstick I have ever used! Paid a lot of money and the results were horrendous. Became dry soon after application and peeled off in bits on my lip leaving some parts red and other parts not. Waste of money!!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/2/2012 6:42:00 AM More reviews by tinadoherty

awful!!!
I bought this product on a plurge as I usually buy cheaper lipglosses. Because of the price I thought it would be brilliant. I like light soft pinks for the summer so i got just that. This product makes me look like a drag queen. It isn't glossy at all, it sticks to every crack in my lips, drys up, shrivels, gets extremely sticky and makes it way above the outline of my lips every time. I tried it with other ligloss, carmax and vaseline to give it some moisture an nothing worked , i had to scrub it off! and yes i do have very normal lips, would not reccommendand i think it should be taken off the market as it is completely useless.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2012 12:33:00 AM More reviews by sexylovie84

I LOVE these lipsticks!! I mostly use them when I go on vacation with my boyfriend. He likes that he doesn't get covered in lipcolor :) I put it on and swim and kiss and it stays on all day! I can be sure that my lips look gorgeous the whole time :) I have this in 'stellar sunrise' 'perfect peony' and 'top notch tulip'.. I really suggest these! using lipgloss on top does decrease the wear a little, but I don't usually need it. I definitely want to pick up some more colors!!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/17/2012 11:14:00 PM More reviews by chippochic

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The price of this lipstick is not cheap in Australia therefore the 4. I do believe it is considerably cheaper in the US.

The colour I have is nude 075. It is a tube with a sponge on the end of the lid. The lipstick is runny and you don't need a lot on the brush/spongey thing. It is quite sticky when applied and needs to be left to dry before doing any thing with your mouth. After it has dried it lasts well. I have eaten and drank and it stays on. I am not sure it would last 10-12 hours. I don't find it sticky after it dries and it doesn't feel like lipstick. I don't wear normal lipstick as I hate the feel and wonder the whole time if I have lippy on my teeth. I have only ever worn pencil all over and have tried some of the stains. This is a cross between lipstick and stain in my opinion. I would like to try a different colour and see if it stays as well as the nude.

I would definitely buy again next time in the US but not at the $25 it cost me here. I think it will last a long time because of the small amount applied.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/16/2012 11:02:00 AM More reviews by TheBleuRose

I bought this in superb sangria. I love the color. It lasts for hours. I love that it is not 2 step. I have received several compliments while wearing this. It does seem more like a lipstain than a lipstick, but I love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2012 3:34:00 AM More reviews by amyxpumba

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this product! It really does last ALL day for me and I was honestly very surprised at how polished it still looked after hours of wearing it. However I will say that when you first put it on it feels a little uncomfortable when it is drying but all you have to do is put a little lip balm (which everybody has) or your favorite chap stick over it and it feels instantly so much better! I honestly don't mind putting my own balm over it because I never used the balm that came with other long lasting lipsticks that I have tried before anyway. Plus, you're paying for more lipstick color. because other long lasting lipsticks cost me 9 bucks for half a balm (that I never used) and less of the actual lipstick color. I also always gravitate towards long lasting lipsticks because I hate reapplying lipstick since I always forget about it and I feel that a whole makeup look can be ruined when my lipstick color fades throughout the day. This product also doesn't chip off or peel off in random spots on my lips like other long lasting products that I've tried either. If you're looking for a long lasting lip color than I definitely recommend this product! I also bought it in the color premium pink and I am planning on purchasing more colors from this line!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/24/2012 1:03:00 PM More reviews by LoveuMuch69

I bought this color in Peony and it looks like a bright pink. It lasts forever and I even fell asleep with it on and the following morning it looked the same as when I put it on!!! Around noon time it was you guessed it, still there!!! What people need to understand is that longwearing lipcolors will NOT moisturize your lips and feel creamy on your lips. It will just simply do what it's supposed to and last a really long time!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2012 5:03:00 AM More reviews by Albell

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I am a warm toned red head with hazel eyes. I bought this in Premier Plum and love it. It is a lip stain though, not a moisturizing lipstick. I apply it sparingly and wait a minute or two for it to dry before I close my lips. It then lasts a good 8 hrs. I didn't find it drying at all, unlike other brands.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2012 8:54:00 AM More reviews by NancyGooGoo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

What the hell happened with this?! When I put it on it was soft, a little bit glossy and I was fine. No sooner do I walk out the door, this suddenly made my lips practically glue shut when I pressed them together and this dried up on my lips and I felt like my lips were SHRINKING! I had to quickly put some Carmex over it just to get it to feel somewhat NORMAL again! I understand the "liquid lipstick" part of it but I didn't expect the super duper dryness! It literally shrivels my lips and the tightness is something I will not tolerate. So, needless to say, I will NOT be reaching for this anytime soon again - unless perhaps I try layering it over the "Violet Frenzy" lipstick that I bought it with. Maybe the moisture of that lipstick will protect my lips better with this on top than without - I'll give that a try, but this alone, is God-awful!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/27/2011 2:02:00 PM More reviews by Pinky137

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Revlon wins the battle of drugstore longwearing lipsticks with Maybelline at a close second. I have worn two-step longwearing lipsticks for years and liked them. Now every brand makes them and there are so many options! I recently had a horrid episode with the most awesome red (a discontinued Rimmel lippie) so I decided to take a bunch of reds and compare them to see what formula was the best.

My main reasons for wearing long-wearing lipsticks are:
- a defined lipline that doesnít smudge
- constant color is convenient
- no transfer to objects or to the rest of my face (I must be crazy; I roll my lips around and then find cream lipstick in little stripes all around my chin)

I get the negative effects, which are:
- pilling, peeling, cracking, and flaking
- touch-ups are impossible; you must remove lipstick and reapply

For coloring, I am probably NW-10, wear Chanel BR-10, am pale with very cool undertones, and have auburn hair and blue-green eyes. I chose the reds based on store availability and what I thought might look good on me. I wore them separately and then side-by-side on days I wasnít leaving the house to see how they compared. I tested the lippies for 10 hours because experience has taught me that if I need the lippie to go past 10 hours, Iím better taking it off and reapplying a new coat.

Application: I figured out I canít use a lipbrush on these or they freak out. I used a thin, tapered brush to line my lips only and then apply the color with the built-in applicator in one coat that is thick enough to cover opaquely, but no thicker. I never apply in thin layers, because the lipcolor flakes and cracks much more quickly.

Tested were:

- Revlon Colorstay Overtime Lipcolor in Forever Scarlet
o the hands-down winner
o easiest to apply: it is thinner, so easier to line and blend the lip in with the line.
o wore the best and the longest (10 hours)
o the best topcoat: this is the only one with a gloss. Balms made the lipcolor look more like cream lipstick, which I liked, but the gloss was far better at covering lines in the mouth and making worn lipstick look fresh
o the best packaging: both parts in one tube, not ugly, workable
o Color: Forever Scarlet pulled a reddish hot pink on me, and I liked it.
o WOULD BUY AGAIN IN THIS AND OTHER COLORS

- Maybelline 24 Hour Colorstay in Keep up the Flame
o close-second
o not as easy to apply as Revlon: thicker, hard to get an even coat, hard to blend lipline in with lip
o wore practically as well as Revlon for as long (10 hours)
o the topcoat isnít as great as Revlon: this is a balm which looks great when lipstick is new, but canít hide problems as the day goes on
o the packaging needs improvement: the balm and lipcolor are in one tube, but the balm falls out.
o Color: Keep up the Flame appeared to be a dark red with some blue and brown, but it was too dark and brown on me. My husband asked why I was wearing purple lipstick, so maybe it was purple, too. For a color that dark, my coloring needs a true plum.
o WOULD BUY AGAIN BUT ONLY IN DIFFERENT COLORS

- LíOreal Infallible Lipcolor in Beyonce Red
o third place
o easy to apply
o flakes immediately but can only wear for 3-4 hours without the flaking becoming a serious issue
o topcoat is okay: this is a balm and canít hide problems
o packaging is okay but ugly: the balm and the lipcolor are housed in this weird container.
o Color: Beyonce Red wore as a true red on me. I liked it, but it wasnít anything special.
o WOULD ONLY BUY AGAIN IF I ABSOLUTELY LOVED THE COLOR AND WOULD WEAR IT FOR 3 HOURS MAX. IíLL PROBABLY NEVER BUY AGAIN.

- Cover Girl Outlast All Day Lipcolor in Ever Red-dy
o last place for sure
o difficult to apply
o doesnít flake right away, but flakes an outrageous amount at 3 hours
o topcoat okay, basic balm
o packaging annoying with two separate tubes
o Color: Ever Red-dy wore as a true red on me, maybe a bit less blue than LíOrealís Beyonce Red. I liked it a little better than Beyonce Red as it seemed richer. Itís a good color.
o WOULD NEVER BUY AGAIN.

Also tested was:

- Revlon Colorstay Ultimate Lipcolor in Tomato Red
o this is a one-step lipcolor, not a two step. I played with this for a while until I got it to work. I did figure it out.
o As a lipcolor: this is far too dry to use without a balm, too soft to use with a balm, and I had a hard time getting an even coat with this. I didnít realize how much I relied on the second step to fudge over my paint job until I tried this.
o As a lipstain: I lined my naked lips with this using a thin, tapered brush, then smeared the lipline into my lips. The result is the absolute sheerest, barest lipcolor. If I need lipbalm, I top it with a wax-based balm like Carmex. This made my lips look completely naked with natural color. It lasted forever. I wore it for 3 hours, went to sleep, and then wore it for 7 hours before I had to absolutely wash my face. I applied balm twice, and my lips rocked the entire time. You can use a balm first, but it doesnít last as long and looks more like a colored balm than natural lips.
o Color: Top Tomato was beautiful both as a lipcolor and as a stain. As a stain, it looked like I have rosey lips. My lips are naturally blue-mauve.
o I WOULD BUY THIS AGAIN IN THIS AND OTHER COLORS, BUT ONLY FOR USE AS A STAIN, NOT A LIPCOLOR. I WOULD ALSO USE AS A LIQUID BLUSH.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No