December 20, 2014 | 1723 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - ColorStay Ultimate Liquid Lipstick

rated 4 of 5 on 7/23/2012 3:36:00 AM More reviews by Ana622

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

A friend of mine had recommended this product to me. When I first tried it on, I noticed it was glossy like a lip gloss (which I hate). But after it dried, it felt very stiff on my lips. You can definitely feel that you have something on your lips. Because it's so dry, you'll absolutely need a Chapstick or lip balm. It's more of a lipstain rather than a lipstick because for one, it actually stays on and you can feel it on your lips and drys on. Other than that, I like how it stays on after you eat, drink, ect.

Pros: long wear, multi-colors
Cons: over drying lips

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2012 1:18:00 AM More reviews by MrsTefee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Color is ok (I got the pinkest pink one)...went on smooth and felt ok but then after about it miniute it turned into glue on my lips. Like it literally felt like glue, when I pressed my lips together they stuck! Disgusting! Im definitely returning this.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/14/2012 1:00:00 PM More reviews by Tearose61

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

First of all, I need to take responsibility for being stupid enough to purchase 3 of these lippies as opposed to just buying one and/or before reading the reviews. I bought ultimate orchid, brilliant bordeux, and premier plum. The beautiful colors really caught my eye and I prefer lip products in a tube because they don't get soft or melty in warm weather. Unfortunately, the color in the tube was the only bright spot in the whole experience of trying this lip product.
#1) The product goes on thinly and seems impossible to apply in a precise manner because the applicator brings out way too much product. There is no device in the tube edge to catch extra product off the applicator.
#2) The product quickly dried out into a flat, cakey, pasty finish.
#3) It didn't stop drying until my lips were shrivelled up and completely lined. Lip lines that I never knew existed showed up and were accentuated. Seriously, it was as though I had applied slugbait to my lips.
#4) I have tried to work and work with this product by applying various balms and moisturizers both before and after applying the colorstay. However, no combination of lip balms seems to help. In fact, applying a lip balm seems to ensure that the colorstay will crumble into little pieces that sticks to my front teeth. Ugh!!
Never again, never, ever again. All these lippies are sitting at the bottom of my trash. What a horrible product. :-(

rated 1 of 5 on 7/4/2012 9:20:00 PM More reviews by saharanights

I bought this yesterday and used it today. Sadly it did not perform very well. It remained tacky and color cracked on my lips.

Will not buy again.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/13/2012 8:41:00 PM More reviews by kchadee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the worst lipstick I have ever used! Paid a lot of money and the results were horrendous. Became dry soon after application and peeled off in bits on my lip leaving some parts red and other parts not. Waste of money!!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/2/2012 6:42:00 AM More reviews by tinadoherty

awful!!!
I bought this product on a plurge as I usually buy cheaper lipglosses. Because of the price I thought it would be brilliant. I like light soft pinks for the summer so i got just that. This product makes me look like a drag queen. It isn't glossy at all, it sticks to every crack in my lips, drys up, shrivels, gets extremely sticky and makes it way above the outline of my lips every time. I tried it with other ligloss, carmax and vaseline to give it some moisture an nothing worked , i had to scrub it off! and yes i do have very normal lips, would not reccommendand i think it should be taken off the market as it is completely useless.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2012 12:33:00 AM More reviews by sexylovie84

I LOVE these lipsticks!! I mostly use them when I go on vacation with my boyfriend. He likes that he doesn't get covered in lipcolor :) I put it on and swim and kiss and it stays on all day! I can be sure that my lips look gorgeous the whole time :) I have this in 'stellar sunrise' 'perfect peony' and 'top notch tulip'.. I really suggest these! using lipgloss on top does decrease the wear a little, but I don't usually need it. I definitely want to pick up some more colors!!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/17/2012 11:14:00 PM More reviews by chippochic

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The price of this lipstick is not cheap in Australia therefore the 4. I do believe it is considerably cheaper in the US.

The colour I have is nude 075. It is a tube with a sponge on the end of the lid. The lipstick is runny and you don't need a lot on the brush/spongey thing. It is quite sticky when applied and needs to be left to dry before doing any thing with your mouth. After it has dried it lasts well. I have eaten and drank and it stays on. I am not sure it would last 10-12 hours. I don't find it sticky after it dries and it doesn't feel like lipstick. I don't wear normal lipstick as I hate the feel and wonder the whole time if I have lippy on my teeth. I have only ever worn pencil all over and have tried some of the stains. This is a cross between lipstick and stain in my opinion. I would like to try a different colour and see if it stays as well as the nude.

I would definitely buy again next time in the US but not at the $25 it cost me here. I think it will last a long time because of the small amount applied.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/16/2012 11:02:00 AM More reviews by TheBleuRose

I bought this in superb sangria. I love the color. It lasts for hours. I love that it is not 2 step. I have received several compliments while wearing this. It does seem more like a lipstain than a lipstick, but I love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2012 3:34:00 AM More reviews by amyxpumba

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this product! It really does last ALL day for me and I was honestly very surprised at how polished it still looked after hours of wearing it. However I will say that when you first put it on it feels a little uncomfortable when it is drying but all you have to do is put a little lip balm (which everybody has) or your favorite chap stick over it and it feels instantly so much better! I honestly don't mind putting my own balm over it because I never used the balm that came with other long lasting lipsticks that I have tried before anyway. Plus, you're paying for more lipstick color. because other long lasting lipsticks cost me 9 bucks for half a balm (that I never used) and less of the actual lipstick color. I also always gravitate towards long lasting lipsticks because I hate reapplying lipstick since I always forget about it and I feel that a whole makeup look can be ruined when my lipstick color fades throughout the day. This product also doesn't chip off or peel off in random spots on my lips like other long lasting products that I've tried either. If you're looking for a long lasting lip color than I definitely recommend this product! I also bought it in the color premium pink and I am planning on purchasing more colors from this line!