August 28, 2014 | 981 users online

Treatments (Face) - Lancome - Genifique

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2013 10:31:00 PM More reviews by sessakay

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My sister sent me a 7 day trial suppy,I started to use it not expecting a thing since no product ever seems to do what it says...On the 4th day I couldn't believe my eyes!! My skin was radiant,the color of my skin was much more even and my pores which are normally fairly large were almost undetectable!! I absolutely LOVE it and plan on buying it for myself!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 8/18/2013 8:23:00 AM More reviews by fleurissante

I've been using it once per day for a little over three weeks. I used one drop of the serum for the whole face.

The serum is very runny, almost like water and it has silicon feeling. As I have mention, a little goes a long way, so I have almost half a bottle left.

The serum sinks into the skin immediately.

During the testing period, I haven't noticed any improvement on my skin. However, I've noticed that it gave me breakouts - 10 cystic acnes along the jawline which never happens to me. This is definitely a deal-breaker for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/17/2013 1:28:00 PM More reviews by jenngjt

(my skin type at the end)

My friends who have great skin raved about it and I got what must have been 21 days worth of sample.

Started off day and night, and it broke me out with small bumps. Hated it then and stopped completely.

After a long while I gave it another try because I hear so much good things, I wonder why I can't seem to experience it.

The first night I used it, I slept and woke up with skin that had a great visible glow. I didn't notice it until I went to my office mirror (which I look at myself every morning) and was surprised! But I didn't make the connection and continued using it. The glow didn't appear as significant on 2nd day.

To prove that it's due to this product, I stopped using it and then use it once a week. The glow and radiance is indeed due to Genifique.

Since then, I've concluded a few things on this product.
1. When I stop and suddenly use it after a long while, the next-day morning glow is really visible. An overall brightness and radiance I've never seen, even though I didn't sleep well. I now use it once a week, or for special days when I need to look radiant.

2. It leaves my skin (esp cheeks which are sensitive) a little red. No itch, but just a warm sensation and flushed cheeks. No biggie but I think there's something in there that is either working to create that radiance, or reacting with sensitive skin.

3. Use once at night (I layer it on after my Shiseido softener). Or once every other few days if you had a reaction. Some friends with sensitive skin tell me they had reactions as well, and they either use another of lancome's range or use Genifique way less often than once a day. The key is to find a way to work this into your routines!

4. I somehow prefer the older formula, not sure why, but maybe it felt lighter and less thick?

skin type: asian skin, late 20s, no acne, but open pores on T zones + cheeks, slightly sensitive cheeks

rated 2 of 5 on 8/12/2013 7:14:00 AM More reviews by yeeness

This product made my skin feel smooth and silky, but unfortunately caused break outs too. I used this in conjunction with the Visionnaire (as recommended by the Lancome sales person) and must admit that it was a disappointment. Given the price of these products, I expected much better results.

Not worth the money in my opinion.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/6/2013 7:25:00 AM More reviews by Valmerc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Pretty useless, but it didn't do any damage (peel, dry out, break out) my skin.
I suppose I'm young enough to not worry about wrinkles.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/2/2013 3:22:00 PM More reviews by gkc87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

It definitely breaks out! Fortunately, I didn't buy it. Sales assistant gave me about six or seven samples. I tried it one night and woke up to acne next morning. I won't be using the rest of the samples now that I've seen many people have the same complaints as mine. Given the price, I can say that it is totally useless at least for people with combination/acne prone skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2013 7:16:00 AM More reviews by crystalbluex

I first tried Genifique as I received it as a sample. After a few days I noticed a glow in my skin and able to apply make up a lot better. I'm the type of person who wears FULL makeup daily (i.e. heavy foundation, concealer, thick black eyeliner, blush, mascara, eyeshadow and full lips) and just found that each area of my face had more of a glow. I now swear by this every morning and hoping this will help in the long-term with fine lines and wrinkles. I combine this with the full skin care routine and also Visionaire by Lancome which is also brilliant

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2013 7:05:00 AM More reviews by xiangwei304

This product is under rated. I got a sample when buying a fashion magazine, I tried out for 2 nights, I didn't feel a major different then, but my skin felt so comfortable, no dryness like I usually have. So I decided to buy it despite the high price, and it is worth it! My skin become so soft, smooth and has a natur glow. I have very sesitive skin, and it's impossible to tell what kind of product breaks me out, but this product didn't give me any break out at all. If anything, I have less redness and impurities than I usually do. It is a pricy product, I got it tax free at the airport, but I definitely recomend to get a sample to try it first so it doesn't give any break out, because it could work great on some skin but not on others. I am not sure how good it is for very mature skin to reduce wrinkles, because I don't have so much wrinkles, but it definitely give me that youthful soft, smooth and glowing skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/25/2013 12:19:00 AM More reviews by AllAboutTheGlamLife

Love the packaging, and this product makes your skin glow and be soft.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/22/2013 4:17:00 AM More reviews by hazelbd

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I tried a sample of this and I couldn't stand it, thank god I didn't actually buy it. It makes your skin very sticky and doesn't soak in quickly, would never buy when there are way better serums out there.