December 21, 2014 | 1833 users online

Cleansers - CeraVe - Hydrating Cleanser

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2014 12:12:00 AM More reviews by helloxkittty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is the best cleanser I've found so far. I have combination/oily but sensitive skin so I decided to try this instead of the foaming cleanser. It's the only one I've used that doesn't leave my skin feeling dry or tight, instead it is soft and less oily. It doesn't do much in terms of removing makeup or treating breakouts but I can use other products for that. The price could be better but I've used this twice daily for over five months and haven't run out yet so it is worth it. I will repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/3/2014 1:01:00 PM More reviews by LambLady

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

My skin has been feeling dehydrated for a while so I decided to try this out. At first I did not notice much of a difference, but after a couple of days, my skin did not feel as tight and itchy. I have been using the product for over two weeks now and I am really happy with it. It cleanses my skin and does not dry or irritate it.

I don't wear foundation and I do clean off my eye make-up before I wash my face, so I can not comment on how well it removes make-up. But this is a great product for sensitive skin that can not tolerate most other cleansers.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/2/2014 3:26:00 PM More reviews by seaweed88

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This left my skin looking decent enough, but it did clog my pores and cause blackheads. I stopped using it after a week.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/27/2014 7:02:00 PM More reviews by slayergurl

I was recommended this product for my dry skin but I did not like it at all. I did oil cleansing to remove my makeup and followed up with the cleanser and it did not remove the traces of makeup. After a few uses, I stopped using it because I was starting to develop several acne spots on my skin. Might work for others but it did not work for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/23/2014 11:10:00 AM More reviews by Tinkerbell

This was recommended to me by my dermatologist.. I was using it with my Clarisonic. I noticed that after I used it and went to dry my face that I still saw traces of makeup coming off on the towel... This happened a number of time so I am using it for cleansing in the shower. I did not experience any breakouts from this but switched back to Purity cleanser for better removal of my makeup.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2014 10:32:00 AM More reviews by rayoflight121

Not very efficient at removing everything and leaves a wierd film on my skin and sink. It doesn't strip my skin like other cleansers, but it won't replace my philosophy purity by any means.

Update: its officially been thrown away at 85% full.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/7/2014 10:11:00 PM More reviews by atomickittenlove

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

OH HELL NO> this thing ruined my face after only 3 uses. WTF, I have never broke out like this AND i'm acne prone. I'm pretty pissed considering this is marketed as non-comedogenic. I know you can't always trust labels but I'm getting painful pimples at the sides of my mouth, jaw and forehead! This are not my regular acne prone areas :(
Not cute.

I should have checked with MUA before using this… now I have to go to my bday party with this hot mess happening *facepalm* . pass the coverup and a drink.

8 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 4/27/2014 5:34:00 PM More reviews by juliaglaeser

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This product sucks. I have very dry skin and nothing ever breaks me out but this did, I'm positive. Maybe I'm just allergic to something in it, but either way, it was awful for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/26/2014 5:23:00 PM More reviews by editanazaryan

This face wash did nothing for me! did not hydrate, did not moisturize, did not clean and did not balance! i have no idea why it was made!!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/23/2014 7:21:00 PM More reviews by aquasense

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This cleanser is pretty great, except for just a few drawbacks.

But I do like the fact that this cleanser doesn't have a ton of ingredients, and that it's simple and gentle. That way I can incorporate more products into my skin care routine that is designed for a certain purpose (anti-aging).

Also, When I had a time when my rosacea around my cheeks flared up. This product did a good job in not exacerbating that problem.

Pros: doesn't break me out. helps calm down red/sensitive skin. small ingredient list. glides on skin gently. the fragrance didn't bother me since it's pretty neutral, but it may smell faintly like plastic.

Cons: doesn't give you that clean feeling. burns slightly on sensitive parts/dry parts of my face. doesn't foam up, is a gel consistency throughout. doesn't seem to be perfect in preventing breakouts, but i don't get many new breakouts from this product.

Lasts: about 1-2 months for everyday morning and night use. Paid around $11.