MAC Lickable

4.5

on 4/14/2011 10:13:00 PM

I love this applied over Saint Germain :)

on 4/3/2011 4:02:00 PM

I am a bit on the fence over this. I wanted something more bright for summer but not too bright since I am very pale and dark colors can really wash me out. For reference I am NC15, with dark eyes and dark hair.

The SA and I went over a few likely candidates and I liked this as a stain. She insisted that I swipe it full strength, which was too much for me. I bought it anyway since I liked it just patted on before I was very sweetly bullied into applying it stronger.

I wore it at full strength on the way home and my husband said it was red (it happens to me that mid-range hues look very dark on me) and I looked like a ghost. I think he used the words "ew" and "too much". Nice to know I get unbiased opinions!

I have since worn it just patted on lightly with more strength towards the middle and less towards the corners and it gives a subtle bright color. I put on burts bees tinted lip balm in hibiscus over it which has more orange/coral in it and there is a nice color interaction.

The reason that I am on the fence is because I was looking for something in a muted watermelon range and this is more a bright pinky raspberry. It is a georgeous shade, but I would like to just swipe and go and this takes a little time and definitely a mirror for me. I cannot decide whether to keep on wearing and experimenting or to go back and get something closer to what I was looking for.

on 2/26/2011 3:09:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

My favorite bright lip. I'm pretty pale and this looks great for those days when you just feel like playing up your lips. Really pigmented. I would recommend this to anyone pale who loves bright lips!

on 1/31/2011 8:54:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

Pretty color...very bold...doesn't fade..and so mixable with most lip glosses!

on 11/27/2010 9:09:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

The most wearable bright lipstick ever made. The formula is great! Super buildable so you can rock a sheer wash of color or a really strong lip, depending on what you're going for.

on 11/22/2010 10:57:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

This is one of my favorite lipsticks ever!

It's a great color for one of those "bold lip" looks. I love to wear this lipstick with a neutral eye. It looks great with a neutral eye using a blue eyeliner. This lipstick is also quite long-lasting and it has a creamy finish...which is great because that means I don't HAVE to use a lip liner to "wet" the lipstick or to give it a glossy effect. It does that on it's own.

on 10/22/2010 7:47:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

My first MAC lipstick!! I would best describe this as a pinky red with major violet undertones. Unfortunately it's too garish for my skin tone. I really love the glossy texture, but it bleeds an hour after wearing it. A clear wax lip liner solves this problem. For an expensive lipstick that's a huge hassle. With a lighter cremesheen lipstick, you probably wouldn't notice, but Lickable is pretty saturated in colour.

on 9/30/2010 10:48:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

This colour is fantastic!
I reckon it would suit any colouring too. It's a beautiful bright pink, the kind Cheryl Cole usually wears out on the town and although it's very colourful, it really does wonders. The formula is cremesheen which means it glides on and stays put without drying up. It leaves a nice light stain on the lips after long wear and fades rather than disappears.
I really think this is fabulous and it's my HG bright pink next to my HG bright reds Ruby Woo and MAC Red.
Can easily be dabbed on with your finger over a little lip balm to add a pop or hint of colour or just whack it on and cover it in gloss to go full on.
The best part of this lipstick is that it makes your teeth look really white, which is always a bonus!
If you're at a MAC counter looking for something with more colour than your usual, try it out, it's definitely an underrated top lippie!

on 8/28/2010 4:59:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Beautiful color with good staying power. My skin has strong olive undertones, and as long as I keep the rest of my makeup fairly neutral, this works really well. It's a bit drying, though, so be sure to slather on the lipbalm under this!

on 8/13/2010 12:31:00 AM

When I went to America for my last visit, I made a trip to the MAC counter. I wanted to get some lipsticks in colors that are not normally my norm because the price is cheaper than in the country where I live. I decided to get this bright pink color just because it was different, and I thougt that I should start pushing my norms a bit, become a bit more daring. I applied it once I was in the car, and my mother immediately commented on what a beautiful color. When I got out of the elevator, I saw my aunt who commented on how beautiful I looked (the only makeup I had on was powder (nw 20 for refrence), so I know she was talking about this lipstick). When I returned to my country, my SO also commented on how striking this color is. I have worn it for about a month now, not every day, but often enough to do a review. This color seems to almost stain my lips, which means the more I wear it, the less I have to apply. Although I do have to reapply after eating, I feel that the color is strong and that I don't have to make many touch-ups throughout the day. The formula is not drying, nor does it feel heavy on my lips. It is a great color for those who want to try something daring, and for those who love hot pink. I am very happy with my purchace.

Popular Lipsticks