September 2, 2014 | 1486 users online

Pressed Powders - Lancome - Matte Finish Sheer Pressed Powder

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2004 1:33:00 PM More reviews by tabloid

I bought this pressed powder compact in Light Buff and am very pleased with it, both its color and texture. It's a light, neutral beige - no pink or peach tones - and it's finely milled. Would definitely re-purchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2004 3:21:00 PM More reviews by Deandra

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I needed a really good pressed powder for my purse, because I don't like to carry loose powders around. I used to use MAC Blot, which is okay, but I always thought it felt kind of heavy even if I applied lightly. I switched to MAC's Select Sheer, which has a better, more lightweight texture, but had trouble landing on the right color. The NWs were too pink and the NCs were too yellow. The NC5 (their lightest) actually looks all right but it's not a great match. So based on the positive reviews of Lancome's Matte Finish Sheer Pressed, I decided to try. I really love the fact that they offer BOTH color powders AND a Translucent option for people who don't want any color. The texture is lightweight, sheer, and dry (which is good for my oily T-zone). I bought Light Buff. This matches my skin much better than NC5, which is still slightly too yellow. Today I put on the Matte Finish, and took an hour-long walk in the 85 degree heat, and when I came back I wasn't oily. Very impressive. Do keep in mind that I have combination skin, not skin that is super oily all over. In the future I might get the Matte Finish in Translucent as well, just because sometimes you want this kind of finish without any color at all. But the Light Buff is working well for me now. My foundation matches are: LM Warm Ivory, Nude in Chanel Double Perfection Fluide, or N3 (not NC or NW) in MAC Studiofix. I will update in a few weeks.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/5/2004 2:13:00 PM More reviews by littlemissmagic

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this as a sample in a gift with purchase, and I really liked it. I'm a teenager, but I have super-oily skin. I don't think the Lancome could keep up with my overactive pores, but it was OK. It wasn't as effective as I would have liked. I think I would repurchase again, but only after trying MAC blot out. It's really expensive, but I'm also loyal to Lancome, so if MAC blot doesn't work out, I'll probably repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/30/2004 8:38:00 PM More reviews by silver_springs

I have oily skin but for the first time in years my face is finally cleared up enough to where I don't need a heavy foundation so I was looking for a nice powder. I tried using Lancome's Photogenic pressed powder and it didn't work well with my skin, no matter how light I put it on it was just too heavy and after about an hour my skin was looking uber oily and orangy. But I switched to Matte Finish this time and in the translucent and so far loving it. It's much more light and looks way more natural. If you're looking for a more heavy coverage powder then this probably isn't the one but otherwise I'd say it's a good product. The only downside is that it's pretty pricey.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/30/2004 4:50:00 PM More reviews by starfire11

I've bought this product twice. I thought it was alright, but now that I've done a little more "research", I've found much better. It's pretty expensive too, for what you're getting, since it runs out fairly quickly. When I put it on, it looks great on my nose and chin area, but on my forehead it looks flaky and shadowy. Doesn't have much staying power either.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/15/2004 12:23:00 PM More reviews by yukiesukie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

When I first tried this powder, I broke out both days that i used it. i then started a journey of powder hopping from clinique to Px to BB to VL and i was very disappointed as nothing looked as nice and worked as well as lancome's. so i decided, screw the breakouts, and bought it again. initially i broke out- but stuck to it this time and i guess my face got used to it by the end of the week. that was welllllll worth it. its definitely that nice matte look w/out looking all powdered or dried out.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/25/2004 2:59:00 AM More reviews by yuluc

Comparing to its price, i must say it is just an ordinary product.

I had the Pale Beige, and it is translucent on my face, but -- it is caking after 3-4 hrs, which really disappoint me. I would rather use sth that will not caking.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/24/2004 7:55:00 PM More reviews by Spiriel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The powder controls oil very well (there was this one time I accidently used too much foundation and this sorted it out) and in the colour translucide provides a nice finish to foundation. However it smells awful, I wince everytime this goes near my face. Does the job but nothing special and definitely not worth the hefty price.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2004 5:11:00 AM More reviews by Ronnie_Aran

I like very much this powder. It's better than "Stay matte" by Clinique. It controls oil very well for some hours. The color matches with my skin very well. Any breakoouts. :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2004 12:09:00 AM More reviews by yoshipeach

This is an okay powder. I like Lancome but this powder seems ordinary. The packaging is quite bulky and takes up a lot of room in my bag. It helps control oilies for a few hours but it's nothing spectacular. I'll be moving on looking for my HG of pressed powders.