April 20, 2014 | 1663 users online

Powder - Lancome - Ageless Minerale Skin-Transforming Mineral Powder Foundation SPF 21

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2010 8:33:00 PM More reviews by PopStar48

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Great mineral foundation. Gives amazing coverage and doesn't accentuate pores at all. It looks natural and the color I got is a perfect match. The cover over the sifter is great too to keep from spilling too much powder. I definitely think this one is underrated.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2010 6:26:00 PM More reviews by KittySkyfish

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Ageless Minerale is in the "shiny mineral makeup" category. I tried it out for a week and it failed because the shine accentuated larger pores along my cheeks and nose. They actually looked Bigger than real life! And you can't buff this into your skin without increasing the mineral shine...which of course made my pores look even worse. Sad.
I liked the amount of coverage it provides (medium-full), and it didn't itch my skin or wear off throughout the day, which is why I give it a 3.
If you have fine pores and like your mineral foundation to have glow, then you might like this. continued >>

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2010 10:44:00 PM More reviews by macismycrack627

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really wanted to love this. I've been searching for a mineral foundation that gave me good coverage. I loved the look of this on my skin, I bought the set with the setting powder, bronzer and brush.

I took the set back 4 days later. After 3 days of using this foundation, my skin had it's worst break-out ever. Cystic acne on my cheeks and chin! Verrry disappointed! Will definitely never buy again.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2010 1:20:00 PM More reviews by AnahitaC

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this mineral foundation. The Lancome MUA matched me to the shade Natural Honey 20 and it is a perfect match! You can build up the coverage on this and the brush that Lancome recommends for this is AMAZING. I'm on my second container of this. I've been experimenting with different types of liquid foundations at the moment (LM, MUFE and NARS) but I keep going back to this one as it just looks so natural. If you are looking for a mineral foundation, I highly recommend this one!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2010 1:30:00 PM More reviews by yunnyunn

After being dissatisfied with several MMU brands (BE, EM, LM, & JI), I'm trying Lancome's just out of curiousity, after reading pretty good reviews here at MUA. The Lancome MA color-matched me with Beige 10, but I feel I looked a little light, I ended up getting Beige 30 for my NC30 Asian skin tone. I got the set with the foundation, finishing powder and brush for $48 at the Lancome outlet at Ontario Mills (CA), which I thought is a pretty good deal. Yes, the brush is heavenly! You just have to get it. It's much better than BE's and EM's.

And for the foundation, the MA put a lot on me, which I thought it's a bit heavy. But after 1/2 hour, the MU just melt into my skin and made it very skin-like. And there's no itchiness from wearing this foundation at all. For some reason, LM's MMU just itch like hack. It's very comfortable to wear Lancome's MMU, and the day the MA helped me put on the MU, it last at least 6 hours, which I thought it's a record. And it didn't change color thru out the day. When I washed my face on a towelette at the end of the day, there was still a lot of MU to be removed. BE used to disappeared w/in 3-4 hours on my oily/combination face. The coverage is awesome. I almost didn't need concealer to cover my aged spots. Must better coverage than BE. The MMU did have the slight sheen/silverish at my nose, but the rest of my face was looking very nicely. I did have to use my Shiseido mattifying compact to blot my nose, which is quite expected from wearing any MMU.

Today when I tried to put the MMU myself in the morning, I didn't use moisturizer or primer like the MA did, and I didn't use as much either. The result did not come out as good. It is settling in my pores and didn't provide good coverage. Tomorrow, I'm going to have to try it with primer. Will update.

So far, I really like the texture, shade, feel of this MU. I believe I just need to practise a few more times to see how to apply this MU best.

UPDATE: This morning, I used GA's Face Fabric as primer, then apply this MMU lightly. I did use concealer for my dark circle. So far after 8 hours of wear, the MU still looking pretty good. Just a little faded, not too bad. I haven't have to reapplying on my face. But I have already blot couple times on my nose, which is expected. Whenever I use MMU or powder foundation, my nose is shinny like crazy, much worse than when using liquid foundation. Anyway, I like this MMU a lot, it creates a natural look for me, very light to wear, doesn't create any itchiness or reaction of any kind. Love the high SPF especially! I'm up-ing the rating from 4 to 5. So far the best MMU for me.

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2010 12:11:00 AM More reviews by saweetcupcake

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is now my new all the time foundation! I used to be an estee lauder double wear. I have tried other mineral powders, but unlike bare minerals (who don't have colors for pale-skinned girls unless you want a very pink undertone!)..this is amazing! Spf, great coverage, luminous glow! Everytime I wear this and I see family or friends I haven't seen in awhile, they always compliment me and say my skin looks very healthy! Love this stuff, best mineral make-up on the market. The price may be a bit steep, but you can always stock up on gift time and ebay!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2010 11:39:00 PM More reviews by avantgardelovers

i LOVE this product! it blends perfectly into my skin, remarkably lasts ALL day, and the brush is AMAZING. my skin looks flawless and if its hot out just dust some translucent power on top like BE Mineral Veil and you're shine free allllll day.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2010 6:43:00 PM More reviews by hanhnee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm so happy that I purchased this! At first i bought one for my mother, but after trying it I went back the next day for my own! It feels so good to finally have a light weight product that covers my acne and stays matte free all day long. Its been a long time since i've felt pretty in my skin that is always covered in new blemishes or old acne scars. This covers almost all of it, except for one or two larger blemishes that i have to cover with my Neutrogena skin brightening concealer (which is like the touche eclait). I love the way it feels and looks, and its so easy to put on. I put it on every morning and you barely need any powder to cover your whole face. I'll see how long it lasts me but my guess is 6 months to one year with everyday use. Its expensive for a jar, about $50 CAD, but I think its worth it. The sifter is very convenient too, you can slide the inside to close it, perfect for travel b/c it never spills, and with a powder this expensive, you don't want to waste a drop ;)

rated 1 of 5 on 4/17/2010 10:15:00 PM More reviews by jaann

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This is skin-transforming, all right. It transformed my face into a war zone of break outs. Before this, I used to only break out occasionally on my T-zone, and this foundation managed to make me break out at an alarming rate everywhere I put it on (i.e. my whole face). Only when I stopped using it did the fiasco stop. Now, I have to deal with the mess of red marks left over from that nightmare.

I really wanted to like this. It actually looked very nice on my face and the packaging is genius, so I was really sad when I came to the conclusion that I had to throw this away.

The positive thing about this experience for me is that:

1) I learned that my skin can break out from cosmetics and not solely because of hormones

2) I am more conscious of ingredients that can be bad for me
continued >>

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/15/2010 3:02:00 AM More reviews by billie999

I must say so far I really really like this powder. I don't know how much it costs normally because I got it from a friend. So I have no clue how much it goes for.

I used to be strictly Bare Minerals, but that has changed. I still love Bare Minerals Powder but I think I love Lancome mineral powder more. First of all, the container it comes in is a VERY generous size. Very big, it'll last me a long time. I get mine in ivory because I'm very fair, and it matches my skin nicely.

I like the powder a lot. I will continue to buy it, unless I somehow find something wrong with it. I do know Lancome can be pricey which may be a problem when I have to actually buy one myself. But so far I have no complaints.