August 1, 2014 | 1759 users online

Liquid - Clinique - Even Better Makeup SPF 15

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2014 10:18:00 PM More reviews by tamedDOLL

So I've been using this foundation for 3+ months now and I find it to be a OK foundation for everyday wear. It offers medium coverage, has a natural/satin finish, does not clog my pores.
I can't tell if it helps correct uneven skin tone (eww my acne scarring), so that probably means it doesn't for me. I have combination skin, and it works fine on my drier and oilier areas with proper prepping and priming. The lasting power is average. In general it will last 4 hours on its own. Although this foundation does not have a pump, the tip is great because its controllable and I can dispense a perfect amount.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2014 11:41:00 AM More reviews by angiee0215

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

About my Skin: NC15/20 depending on the season. I have strong olive undertones. I live in WI so my skin is usually normal to dry in the winter and normal to combo in the summer. I have very sensitive skin and acne prone skin.

My shade: Linen, however, it is not the most perfect match. It could be a little bit more yellow/olive, but the other aspects of the foundation make up for it and you cannot tell unless you exam my face and neck for 5 minutes (which is how long it took me to figure out the shade match hehe)

I did not take any lippies off for shade because you can barely tell and all of the other Pros for me made it 5 lippies and the little color difference didn't bother me. I

Pros
-Does not break me out!!! -
it actually is one of very few foundations that doesn't break me out. I actually see my acne go
away to more perfect even complexion and my redness goes away the more days in a
row I use this. This is a huge plus for me because usually by the end of the day, my skin
is having some sort of reaction to a foundation.
-Skin like finish to satin. it is not matte so I would stay clear if you are super oily. I wouldn't
say it is straight out dewy either.
-Lasts all day on me but you have to remember I have dry skin right now
-Medium coverage
-Doesn't oxidize on me - it stays true to color the entire day

Cons
-It can emphasize pores if you have enlarged. Mine are a little bit bigger than normal but I do not wear it with a primer, so I am not sure if that would fix the issue or not. Get a sample first if you are unsure!

-It could have a better shade selection (as stated above) If you have pink undertones, then you will have no problem finding a match. However, if you are paler than me or have strong yellow undertones, you may have an issue finding your shade

-Not good for oily skin. Even in the winter, I have to set it with a powder even though I am dry. I also use tons of products to moisture my skin and I love the dewy look. However, I find it important to set with a powder to ensure lasting powder and prevent transferring.

As for the "even better" claim.. I didn't see any results, but I use this as a foundation and I expect my foundation to cover up my imperfections without causing more imperfections. I do not expect MU to perform like skincare. So that is why I did not take off any lippies for that claim :)

I have used up about 3-4 large samples of this foundation because I am always unsure if I should buy it. I got about 10 uses out of each sample. I am on a no buy, but I will be exchanging a foundation that broke me out for this foundation for the full size. I will update when I finish the full size. Please understand it might be awhile as I have many foundations. HTHs! :)
Update 4/30/2014: Finally bought the full size with some gift cards from xmas! I still love this foundation and still no breakouts!
Update 7/13/2014: Still love it! No breakouts :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2014 8:50:00 PM More reviews by JulesLondon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This foundation is my jam. I have very oily skin with occasional acne, and I've accepted that there is absolutely no foundation that is going to keep shine away all day. It's just not going to happen. This ain't the magical world of Harry Potter where I could wave a wand at a bottle and have an all-day perfection makeup solution. The best I can do is find a foundation that doesn't make the oil slick any worse than it has to be, and this stuff does the job.

I use the Alabaster shade and I'm NC15ish. Alabaster is the best colour match I've found in any makeup - a true neutral, not yellowish. It doesn't oxidise over the course of the day. Medium coverage, so it covers up just enough without looking thick or mask-like. This plus MAC blotting powder = excellent.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2014 9:33:00 PM More reviews by Jessica24601

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I generally do not like nor wear foundations but LOVE this. Really like the light weight feeling. I do cheat a little and actually mix a teeny bit of it w/ my Cetaphil lotion and I still get nice coverage. I don't wear it all the time, usually Mon thru Fri at work in the fall / winter mo's only, and I remove the min I get home. I'm Indian, so half the yr I'm beige so the Clinique beautician suggested 07 Vanilla...so that, w/ my matte Body Shop Bronzer 04 as my "blush" looks really good. I've hyperpigmentation scars plus dark circles under my 37 yr old eyes and even tho I use very little, I find I've more confidence in my skin (especially in the winter where hyperpigmentation of acne / pimple scars show up more and people ask me if they're freckles sometimes ARG lol). I bought this for the 1st time March 2013 in the smaller sized bottle (plastic) and I love the packaging being that I'm clumsy especially in the early mornings and this has fallen on the floor and of course, being that it's plastic won't break. I've a lot left for almost a yr later and when I run out I shall re-purchase indeed. It's worth the $36 and change (CAD) for a product that lasts so long, does not irritate my sensitive skin and looks so good...I feel as tho my skin looks polished w/ this on yet not over-done. Fresh almost.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/18/2014 10:41:00 PM More reviews by jaaanet2

Praise Clinique for coming up with such a brilliant thing! So I have acne issues and after using their Acne Solutions Foundations I thought I would give this one a try in an attempt to somewhat lighten up my acne scars. Now I know this wouldn't be a miracle worker, because lets face it is make-up it's not going to suddenly erase my scars with a couple of uses. However, I do love this foundation. It provides such good coverage which is grrrrreat for my "battle wounds". I add this with their even better concealer and I hide so much imperfections its amazing! It applies easily, doesn't leave my skin too oily, and its doesn't feel thick or cakey, its just overall great. In all honesty, I can't really tell if it has lighten my scars, because I have been using products to lighten them, but they are lighter so it must be a good combo or something. And it matches my skin very well.

And the spf is such a great bonus!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2014 11:06:00 AM More reviews by FunNut

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Grey, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This foundation is my favorite makeup ever, hands down. The coverage is great, application is super smooth, it lasts all day and into the night. The SPF 15 is an added bonus, but I always apply an SPF 30 or higher sunscreen before putting on makeup anyway. I've used Clinique foundations for many years, this one is the best ever.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/8/2014 10:40:00 AM More reviews by aubreytonra

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I wanted to love this makeup. I really did. As a 23 year old who has been strugging with mild (but annoying) acne and blackheads for about a decade, I was very happy when the Clinque Acne Solutions system really helped to clear up my acne and blackheads. I decided to purchase this to help cover some mild acne scars and even my skin tone.

Unfortunately, within a week or so of use, this product gave me about a dozen swollen, painful cystic acne blemishes, with lots of smaller breakouts all around my lower cheeks and jawline.

I really do love everything else about this product - consistency, coverage, long-lasting. It feels great and does offer great coverage But, if you are acne prone like myself, take caution with this product.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/5/2014 8:43:00 AM More reviews by yummymummy2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Shades are all too dark.
I have found it impossible to buy Clinique foundations since they discontinued my staple- Repair Wear ( old formula) in Alabaster.

I was tempted by this due to the reasonable coverage and chose Linen which was advised as the lightest shade. Sadly it's too yellow-orange. Perhaps there is a better shade- don't know! I asked to try Cream Rose but was told- in large Boots store- that this was not available and might be only available in larger stores like Selfridges.

I can use a tiny bit- light covering- in high summer but it's really too dark for me. If there was a paler shade then this might work- nice coverage, slightly dewy finish and lasts for a reasonable time.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/5/2014 8:38:00 AM More reviews by jessstad

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm "15 minutes in the sun without sunblock and I'm burned" pale, and I have a really hard time finding makeup that doesn't look ridiculous with my skin tone... So the SPF in this caught my eye, but this one is another disappointment. It matches alright when it first comes out of the bottle, but dries darker, making it look very unnatural and require a lot of blending - and it doesn't seem to blend that well, either. It's also doing nothing for my desert-dry skin. As I'm getting towards the end of the bottle, the packaging is also becoming annoying, spitting like a ketchup bottle. I've had more luck with the cheap 2 Euro brands here in Austria, so this is just not worth the money.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2014 4:46:00 AM More reviews by Marie76

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a creamy liquid foundation. The container dispenses just the right amount. It feels fresh and not too rich on the skin, and it's so gentle it almost makes skin feel more comfortable with it on. Coverage is medium, I still need concealer on the days I wake up with dar circles inder my eyes. I 've used it for the last 4 months with Clinique's laser focus serum and pigmentation under my right eye/ right cheek has diminished. I am ghost pale, and when wearing too light foundation I can look almost ill, however I was matched to alabaster for this range and it gives me a very lovely, natural looking glow. I wear it Mon to Friday for work, and reserve my beloved Sisley and Laser focus foundation for weekends and nights out.