Clinique Even Better Makeup SPF 15

Octinoxate 6%, Zinc Oxide 3.5%, Titanium Dioxide 2.9% Water, Methyl Trimethicone, Phenyl Trimethicone, Dimethicone, Triethylhexanoin, Butylene Glycol, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Lauryl PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Peel Extract, Betula Alba (Birch) Bark Extract, Citrus Jabara Peel Extract, Saccharomyces Lysate Extract, Trametes Versicolor Extract, Astrocaryum Murumuru Seed Butter, Sodium Mannose Phosphate, Glycerin, Sodium Myristoyl Sarcosinate, Methicone, Polyglyceryl-6 Polyricinoleate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone Crosspolymer-3, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Lecithin, Laureth-7, Tocopheryl Acetate, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Alumina, Sodium Chloride, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Polyaminopropyl Biguanide. [ /- Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163)]

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I'm Asian and growing up I had the mother who wore foundation that was always too white for her face. Like mother, like daughter I have done the same thing. It shudders me to look at some of my old pictures! Haha. Being more aware, I've been searching for something that would match my skin tone as naturally as possible (with enough coverage) while helping me steer clear from looking cakey and heavily made-up. When researching, I thought this would be perfect for me. I went to Sephora and it was awesome because I came home that day with the best shade possible. It hardly looked like I was wearing foundation because it matched my skin tone so well. I actually liked it a lot.

I've been using it for 6 months, BUT since then I've been breaking out very badly. I had an inkling what the source was but I was in denial and blamed everything else (stress, menstrual cycle, etc.) and kept using the foundation. I had painful cystic acne all over on my forehead and cheeks. I also had clusters of small bumps everywhere. My pores were heavily clogged. It was so strange, because I NEVER had acne like this. My skin usually stays typically smooth even if I had the occasional cystic pimples. This was definitely not normal for me. I tried everything topical and medicinal to make it go away. I really didn't want it to be true. I switched the foundation out for my other bb cream and my skin got slightly better. I was still in some sort of denial and thought I could use it again, but as soon as I did, I would break out even more.

I am never touching this again. I am so self-conscious about my skin. I'm praying my skin gets back to its normal self.To make matters worse, I am a notorious picker too. On occasions, I used to be able to get away with not wearing any foundation but now I am horrified every time I look in the mirror. There are patches of blotchy red bumps on my cheeks, forehead, and there's hyper pigmentation everywhere. My skin has never looked so horrible. I regret ever buying this and hope my review can stop this from happening to someone else.

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE. Do not buy. Save yourself from self-esteem issues and bad acne by avoiding this product. The even better skin tone foundation from Clinique is not worth the amount of time and money I have spent and lost trying to fix my skin.

NOT BUYING THIS PRODUCT will save you a lot of money, pain, and grief in the long run.

on 1/24/2015 10:01:00 AM

Clinique Even Better Foundation is the first liquid foundation I've used, and it's probably the only one I'll ever use! It has a very natural finish -- my friends don't even notice that I have foundation on!

I have acne prone skin, but thankfully, this foundation doesn't make me break out. I go to bed with makeup on sometimes (because I'm too sleepy to wash it off), but I don't get pimples the next day! It effectively covers my pimple scars, as well.

I set this with MAC's translucent powder and my face is just perfect! Thank you, Clinique!

on 1/19/2015 6:04:00 PM

I don't know why people are saying this is light coverage because it isn't for me... My skin isn't awful but it's definitely not perfect. I get breakouts every now and then, I have some redness and I do have acne scarring and this foundation covers most of it. I love the finish of it and how it's not too heavy for the oily parts of my skin but it's still ideal for the dry parts as well. The shade range is a little frustrating .. It looks like my skin tone when I squeeze it out but it oxidizes on my face .. I'll probably have to get a shade or two lighter

on 1/17/2015 7:42:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have oily skin that is prone to break outs so decided to try this as it is oil free. I tried the 02 fair but found this made me look orange however, I decided to keep it on for the rest of the day to see how it stayed on my face and I have to say I was really pleased. It covered up my imperfections well though not completely (I have age spots and red thread veins) my pores were less visible though this could be down to the toner used before applying this product! I applied this with a makeup sponge and found it went on easily and this way I was able to build up in areas I needed the most coverage. All in all it looked a natural finish apart from the colour wasn't for my really fair skin so I have ordered this in the linen shade which I believe is the lightest shade clinique do this product in. I was surprised that my face wasn't really shiny at the end of the day like most foundations I have tried before. Have only used this product for the one day so probably not enough time to see if it will break me out in spots. When the lighter shade arrives I will use for a few days and see what happens but for people wanting a natural look this is a good product.

on 1/10/2015 5:32:00 PM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I've been using this foundation for years now, have tried it in a few shades due to changes in skin colour after holidays etc. and they've all been fab.
It's ever so slightly dewy so you don't look too matte and dried out but it's not shiny, it has great coverage but still feels light, blends well & has a lovely consistency (not runny or thick, just right!)
Originally I was advised against this because it's aimed at more mature skin, but honestly it would work for any age- Holy grail foundation!

*TIP try mixing in a little facial moisturiser and/or Benefit sun beam on summer nights out or holidays for a really glowing complexion

on 12/30/2014 5:44:00 PM

So just wore this foundation for around 24 hours (new years eve...woohoo) and I expected it to look patchy or faded in the morning because it isn't supposedly a long lasting foundation but alas! It looked the same as when I put it on! Fantastic! Set it with Marcelle powder and MAC Fix+. Anywho it has medium coverage, semi-matte finish, flows over dry patches and blends very very nicely. Only thing is the lightest shade is too dark for myself, being a redhead. Fixable wish with lighter powder but super noticeably orange in natural light..... Oh well, I'll use it for contouring

on 12/19/2014 5:03:00 PM

Hair: Other, Straight, Other

This was my first foundation that I purchased and I used to like this until I started using other brands. I purchased this again to compare to my other foundations and found this to be extremely thick yet ironically the coverage was minimal. The finish is more oily than dewy but it could just be since I have oily skin. This foundation doesn't break me out though, which is definitely good because my skin is highly reactive to foundations since I wear foundation for 7+ hours on days that I put makeup on.

on 11/28/2014 3:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I'm on my second bottle of this foundation and I absolutely love it. I love the natural, glowy finish to the product, I love how buildable it is, and I love that it has never bothered my very sensitive, acne prone skin! The foundation has the consistency of a light lotion and I can't feel it when it's on my face even when I build it up. I use this for evenings when I'm going out because it mattes down perfectly with a powder, doesn't oxidize and does not separate on my really oily skin!

Did I mention this foundation photographs perfectly? I've managed to convince every follower on my instagram feed that I have flawless skin. Which couldn't be further from the truth (here's looking at you, acne scarring)! I haven't noticed my skin looking more toned, or my complexion looking more uniform after wearing it. But I don't purchase foundation or primers for the skincare benefits so it doesn't matter to me one bit. I love the feel, the wear, the application and the way it photographs. I personally apply this over Lancôme's La Base primer and set with Mac's mineralize skin finish in Natural. Ohhhh myyyy goshhh. Love it!! The only thing I don't care for is the squeeze packaging, and I wish it came in a lighter more pink shade, but I'm willing to blend down my neck a little with this one.

on 11/25/2014 3:01:00 AM

I have combination skin, classic T zone as well as sensitive skin and eyes.

This is a thick foundation which needs warming up first on hands (I prefer to use a brush so you have to really work on blending it in, sometimes dragging the brush, not good for skin tut)
Anyway, once it is on, it looks nice, smooth and has that matt look about it on my cheeks, on my T zone it looks a little bit shiny, after a while I get itchy skin on my chin and forehead and the scent/perfume from the foundation even though it's not near my eyes, irritates them, they eventually run, become blotchy and give me that red eye liner look, so unattractive ha. Eventually this gave me spots, small ones, but size doesn't matter! this isn't a good foundation for my type of skin. Irritates it and gives me break outs so it's a no, no for me.

on 11/12/2014 5:44:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This foundation is Thick. Like putting pudding on your face. I hate the consistency. I have oily skin and I like my foundation to be lightweight, but medium coverage. This is heavyweight with light coverage. Also broke me out. Has Bismuth Oxychloride in it. Very irritating to sensitive skin. Will not repurchase.