July 29, 2014 | 2105 users online

Liquid - Neutrogena - Healthy Skin Liquid Makeup SPF 20 (2009 formulation)

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2010 3:36:00 AM More reviews by tiff829

This is my favorite foundation! It has a great smell, is so creamy to apply, matches my skin perfectly, and gives a beautiful glow! The best part is that this product makes my skin feel so soft, even when I take my makeup off! It really does give you healthy skin! When this goes on sale, I'm stocking up!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2010 10:18:00 AM More reviews by ambra26

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My mother actually sent this product to me, since I haven't found it where I live (Italy). I normally only use mineral foundations, but wanted to venture out when I was having issues with brushes.
I actually love this foundation. I have combination skin, prone to breakouts and this worked wonderfully for me. The color match is perfect and it gave me no harsh side effects. Granted, I go for a light, more natural coverage so I'm not sure how it would perform for somebody looking for a medium to full coverage. I'll have to try that out...

The packaging is definitely something they should reconsider. I rated that a 2, because it is just not practical. The opening is too large with no pump, so you have to be careful not to get it over everything.

I would repurchase if I could. I believe my mother found it for $10, but the woman at the counter gave her a coupon for $1-2 off, as well as a free mascara.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2010 12:55:00 PM More reviews by sanyav

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Great coverage, smooth and blendable, very liquid consistency, slightly dewy finish. Wears for approximately 5-6 hours in 'office' conditions. I'm not sure about the long-term effects it claims it has. Color undertones are good also (Nude 40 has nice neutral undertones for light skin - I HATE pink-toned make up! Most of the population in fact has yellow-neutral undetones, I dont know why cosmetic companies INSIST on pushing pinky-tones colour on people. AND yellowish-tones are more flatering since the neutralize the ruddiness in complexions).

I'm currently alternating between this and Bourjois 10 Hour Sleep Effect foundation (which turned a bit dark lately).

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2010 11:20:00 AM More reviews by imthatmaterialgirl

I LOVE this foundation. I always find myself going back to it. It's definitely a HG of mine. I just wish it was a long wearing foundation. But other than that it's amazing! And honestly after wearing this foundation for almost a month my skin looks awesome. It evened it out and I have combination skin. It didn't clog my pores and I have acne prone skin too. This product has made my skin more healthy looking. I hope they make a pump for this foundation that's the only downfall.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/2/2010 12:56:00 PM More reviews by applemodel

I was so excited to get this product and since they don't sell it where I live I got three bottles of it so I wouldn't run out any time soon. I like the finish it gives, however I really regret wasting $30 on a product I will never touch again. the problems with it are the packaging which sucks because it needs a pump or smaller hole. it dried out my skin and then clung to the dry spots. and finally it broke me out in little white bumps on the sides of my mouth and on my cheeks which never break out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2010 9:32:00 PM More reviews by vanity68

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this more and more every day..doesn't get cakey and my face doesn't become a grease pit...love this stuff!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/25/2010 8:05:00 AM More reviews by ffas

This stuff looked fantastic on me in the beginning. Yet after wearing it for about a week I noticed little bumps on the side of my chin, next to my mouth. I wasn't sure if it was my Rimmel Fix and Perfect foundation primer or this, so I went through one week of just wearing this and one week of just wearing the primer with Revlon Colorstay (which doesn't break me out). After all that I was positive that this foundation was what caused my break out. Why this is such a problem for me is that I have never had a product break me out... ever. It was absolutley horrible.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/24/2010 1:49:00 AM More reviews by Thenaayang

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

ugh, i really tried to like this product but i cant. first of all when i applied it with a flat top kabuki brush it came out really cakey. it did give me a "glow"but almost to the point i looked oily and i dont even have that oily skin! it accentuated my dry spots and the only way i got it to look natural was with a damp sponge but then it sheered it out and the coverage wasnt good. It doesnt have a pump and its really runny with a wide top so its hard to control. lastly it broke me out! ughhh my skin was clearing up because i've been on differin and the first day i wore this foundation (for about 6 hours) i now have white heads all over (about 7-10)...i hate this foundation, healthy skin my butt.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2010 5:28:00 PM More reviews by three_black_cats

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

LOVE THIS. I was using creme-to-powder foundations, and then mineral foundations, and then mouse foundations... and everything either made me oily or totally magnified the dry spots. And the older I get, the more dry spots I have. But I still wanted a nice smooth foundation, with medium-to-light coverage, and SPF. So far, this is my holy grail.

At first I bought one of the lightest shades, because that's what I've always used before in many brands. Fortunately, CVS has an awesome return policy, because I ended up most satisfied with a shade that seemed just a bit too dark in the bottle. Just goes to show that you can never really tell with foundation until you get it home, apply it, and then see how it performs under different lights, etc. With this one, once I got the shade right, I was incredibly happy.

Smooth and creamy, not heavy, no "glistening" of excessive silicone, didn't dry me out, didn't turn oily halfway through the day.The shade stayed true, even after hours of wear. It also didn't turn white or leave creases after a few hours despite having a respectable 20SPF. And it does make my skin look me-but-better. After all, if the first thing someone thinks when they look at me is, "Awesome foundation!" then I definitely need to try something else. This smooths out my imperfections, but never looks or feels fake, cakey, or mask-like.

I'll definitely re-purchase when this bottle runs out.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2010 12:48:00 AM More reviews by raynie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have no idea why so many people raved this foundation. This foundation emphasized "healthy skin", however, when you first applied this foundation on your face it did give you that dewy looks, but after like 2 hrs, it became kind of caky, not that smoothy and silky finishing anymore. The reason why I say this foundation does not give you "healthy skin" is IT CLOGS YOUR SKIN!!! yes it does ! when wearing it after 6 hrs i removed my makeup and i have more heavily blackheads. so bad!