August 20, 2014 | 1114 users online

Hair Color - L'Oreal - Excellence To Go Hair Color

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2009 1:50:00 PM More reviews by georgia21

I tried Excellence to Go in Medium Reddish Brown (5RB). My hair, which was a fading medium golden red, came out very, very dark auburn, not at all what I expected or wanted. It had an overcolored, artificial look to it. After about 20 shampoos, the color lightened to a medium auburn. Now, my hair looks dry and doesn't have any shine

It covered my gray very well. I liked I like the conditioner enclosed in the package.

Excellence to-Go is quick, but I won't use it again because I can't count on the color coming out anywhere near to what it's supposed to be.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/3/2009 6:28:00 AM More reviews by londoncallin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I brought "L'Oreal Excellence to-Go 10 Minute Creme Colorant Medium Reddish Brown 5RB 1" and it turned my hair black. Avoid this product

rated 1 of 5 on 8/21/2009 12:30:00 PM More reviews by contrariwhys

I've been dying my hair for 10 years and this is the worst experience I've had with a hair dye. I picked up a reddish brown color in 5RB and my previous color was similar to the box color just not reddish. Well it turned out very dark (almost black) and not like the box color at all. The 10 minute development time is actually a hindrance. You need to work fast to get the dye on otherwise you get dark hair like I did. I would suggest starting the timer the minute you start dying your hair although I can't be certain this will help since I'm not going near this brand again!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/16/2009 4:56:00 PM More reviews by mypoohbear

I am very surprised to see all the negative comments about this hair color!!! I have used L'Oreal Excellence for a long time and loved it, so I thought I would try this product to save some time. I'm so glad I did!!! I bought 8 GB. The color did not turn out exactly like the picture. It is more of a rich golden butterscotch which looks fantastic!!! Also, my hair feels to soft and full of body!

I think the negative comments are coming from women that are not very experienced in applying hair color. Maybe they didn't use enough product on their hair, didn't put it on correctly, or didn't put it on fast enough. I've been using color for 25 years, so I consider myself a "at home expert" at coloring hair!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/20/2009 9:50:00 PM More reviews by katier01

I have used L'Oreal box coloring before and this time I bought it to do my sisters hair, she picked the To-Go brand because she didnt want to sit around and wait for the smelly dye to take. IT DID ABSOLUTELY NOTHINGGG!! we left it in for TWENTY mins!! not ten .. twenty. It made her roots a little brassy but did absolutely nothing for the rest of the hair. DO NOT BUY ITT .. i dont think Im going to even buy L'Oreal again ever since theyre just going to put out such cheap s***!! My sister and I are completely unsatisfyed. >:(

rated 2 of 5 on 7/7/2009 6:05:00 PM More reviews by dolphinmama

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this only because I couldn't find my shade in my favorite Perfect 10, thought what the heck I've had okay luck with the other excellence colors. First of all this product is very thick, almost too much so, was difficult to squeeze out of the bottle and had a hard time rubbing it around. Second the smell was the same as all the other hair colors(perfect 10 smells great). Third this didn't color my grays very well(I left it on for 15 minutes as instructed for stubburn grays), in fact it didn't seem to change my roots much at all. I definately won't be repurchasing this again!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2009 12:54:00 AM More reviews by princessxoxo11285

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've read you should start the timer the second you begin applying color, 10 mins is just way too fast for an even application if you follow that ''rule'' like I do. If ur staying 1 shade within your natural color then I'd say go for it, any mistakes won't stick out too much then.

I won't buy it again. I'd rather just use the regular Excellence dye.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/7/2009 11:17:00 AM More reviews by Kathy123

I cannot believe the low reviews here. This is definitely HG for me. I have used HE and expensive products like no tomorrow but this is definitely the BEST. I use Natural Black so there is very little chance of getting a lighter or darker shade. I bought this and I mixed it with my Trionic enzyme developer instead of using its own peroxide. I am pretty happy considering that it was very gentle and it really conditioned my hair. I did not have that much hair falling out either. The grays were completely covered too. 98% of my hair is gray and this did a fantastic job. I left it on for 15 minutes because of my stuborn grays. This is a great improvement considering that I had to spend 45 minutes to an hour under other coloring products. I usually get an itching sensation on my scalp after haircoloring but when I used this, I did not feel any itching at all. The best thing about this haircolor is that it does not stain your scalp or skin. You can easily remove the color from your skin with a damp towel. The people who use red and other shades may have a different experience but I am very happy with the results.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2009 11:10:00 AM More reviews by libbynan

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm very happy with this product. I have blonde hair that has gotten very ashy as it turns gray. I purchased the 8G, Medium Golden Blonde and my color turned out sensational. And it covered the stubborn gray's. My end result looks exactly the same as the picture on the box. That has never happened for me. And my hair feels wonderful. Very nicely conditioned. Loreal always seems to be a better quality hair color than the other brands, at least in my experience.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/9/2009 8:46:00 PM More reviews by Hazeleyz

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I agree with most of the posters. This product did nothing for my grays and I don't really notice any change in color of my hair, looks the same as before I colored it. What a waste, I wish I had checked the reviews before buying this product. I've been coloring my hair for 15 years and have used various products. I've used regular Excellance often, but at least it would cover my gray. I even added Gray Magic (from Sally's) to this color in hopes it would stick better, but it didn't. I did use Medium Blonde on my medium brown hair and I couldn't notice any difference. Since it didn't cover my grays at all, I guess I'm going to have to recolor my hair in a few days. My favorite hair color is Preference and Garnier Nutriste.