September 18, 2014 | 1721 users online

Concealers - MAC - Studio Sculpt [DISCONTINUED]

image 0image 1image 2

This product has been discontinued

rated 3 of 5 on 1/30/2012 5:13:00 AM More reviews by chynnadoll21

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

Studio finish concealer has been my all time fave but I'm a mac fan so I like to try out their new products. Love the sleek packaging, creamier texture compared to the studio finish.

Cakes up under my eyes (tends to require more to conceal) and not great for spot cover.

So I use this for coverage on *areas* that need it (like discoloration, red areas, patches) and use the studio finish for individual spots and blemishes. Together they do give an even coverage.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2012 11:19:00 PM More reviews by lechickpea

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't really like this concealer.. kind of cake-y, and settles into lines under the eyes. It's definitely full coverage though, which I like.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/22/2012 4:27:00 AM More reviews by princessa00

I get the feeling many of you may have seeked out this review specifically because it has a low rating. I assume many of you who did, did so to see if the reason I didn't like this product was because it broke me out. I'm guessing you're worried you might fall victim to MAC's infamous skin-hating face products. Well, the answer is yes, it broke me out. I actually only bought this to shape and highlight my brows. While it serves me well for this purpose, it also cultivates a crop of angry red whiteheads around my brows. No thanks. Even though I know I have acne-prone skin, I continuously make the mistake of caving in and buying popular products while telling myself maybe my skin won't react for once. But just as I've been wrong so many times before, I was wrong with this. Hold on to your receipt with this one.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/20/2012 8:32:00 PM More reviews by Kittea

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

While I do like the coverage of this concealer, I do not like the formulation at all. It is just a personal preference, I find even after setting this with a powder (benefit powderflage), it still just settles into my fine lines and makes me look older. I have tried many other concealers that I would prefer over this one, it is just much too creamy for me, and also a bit difficult to blend out with anything but a sponge. Perhaps if it had even higher coverage I would enjoy it more, but I do need to build it up just the tiniest bit too much for it to really diminish the circles under my eyes, which of course = too much product. Just not a formula I prefer~ I my HG is definitely studio finish, but I know a lot of people dislike that concealer as an undereye concealer (I love it!)

rated 2 of 5 on 1/20/2012 3:10:00 PM More reviews by rosalynxrawr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm not impressed with this concealer. Its super thick, and doesn't work with a concealer brush. The only way to get it to blend is to pat a very thin layer with your finger. The problem with this product is that if you use enough to conceal scars or blemishes, it will look caked. But to use the right amount that does not look cakey means you won't get the coverage you need. It's a lose-lose situation. It also is not good for under-eye concealer. It's too thick to be spreading and tugging on your delicate under-eye skin, causing future wrinkles. I just don't think it was created for dark circles. I have used cheaper concealers that work A LOT better. I recommend trying the Sonia Kashuk palette. It includes two shades, a neutralizer and a translucent powder. Its very creamy and works much better and is cheaper than the studio scuplt.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/19/2012 10:26:00 PM More reviews by zoecatherine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a creamy textured, long lasting concealer that covers my dark circles and brightens my eyes perfectly! I wouldn't recommend this for anyone who has creasing problems or oily skin as the texture is quite thick so can easily sink into lines under the eye. The packaging is nice, not completely hygienic being a pot, but it does enable you to use the right amount of product (unlike click-pen concealers or fussy tubes) The product lasts roughly 6-8 hours and can easily be re-applied without looking flakey. Overall i would recommend!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/18/2012 2:16:00 PM More reviews by Shiorin

I really wanted to like this concealer but it is just way too thick!! It did cover spots quite well but sometimes no matter how much I was trying to blend it, it looked like I had a brown spot instead of a red spot on my face! It also made me brakeout since the container is extremely unhygienic! The biggest mistake I made was that I tried to conceal my dark circles with it...It got extremely flaky at some point. Overall I would not buy this again because it was just way too thick to be a concealer and it made me breakout =(

rated 4 of 5 on 1/16/2012 3:33:00 PM More reviews by Rhonda2010

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I applied this wrong for a year but still have barely dented the product. Using a brush didn't work, nor did blending it with my fingers. However, I read reviews stating to pat it with fingers, and that actually works very well. This covers like most good concealers, but I haven't found one that covers 100% I pat it without blending or rubbing it. When blending, this stuff just soaks in and doesn't even look applied. It's not drying or moisturizing. It has a texture that feels like glue, but this actually makes it last longer than most concealers. It lasts well over 8 hours on my skin, so I'm not going to complain about the goop, glue feeling.

This is extremely economical because it lasts so long. Just using it under my eyes and the occasional blemish, I've used this five days a week, since last summer, and the jar is still 3/4ths full.

If you already own this and find it ineffective for dark circles: Pat it in with your ring finger, don't rub. It finally works when I do this. I hope it works for you this way as well.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/9/2012 2:51:00 PM More reviews by ladymarion

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

A very nicely pigmented concealer. Good coverage, good amount, a little on the expensive side for me (17 euros in Italy). I like to warm it between my fingers before applying to make it more pliable. Does enhance any flakies, but that isn't a frequent issue for me, so I' m not deterred from using it. Good product, but I'm sure I can find a good concealer for a cheaper price.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2012 6:25:00 AM More reviews by missminikat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'd been debating trying this for a while, when I saw it on MAC's Goodbyes page I knew it was now or never. I've been experimenting with various concealers since the summer and the issues I've had with other brands and other MAC formulas has been lack of coverage, poor consistency, emphasizing fine lines and just not looking natural. This concealer has a great consistency and provided excellent coverage of my undereye circles, the redness around my nose and blemishes. It wears well, lasting over 8 hours on me (Dry skin for reference, not sure about wear on oily skin). In terms of colour, I'm NC 15-20 with MAC and the NC 15 matches me perfectly. I've tried MAC's Select Moisturecover, Select Cover Up and Studio Finish concealers and was not impressed with any of them enough to repurchase. Of course, I fall in love with the one being discontinued. Grab this now while it's still available and consider grabbing a back up if this is a product you enjoy.