July 26, 2014 | 1812 users online

Foundations - Chanel - Lift Lumiere Fluid

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2011 1:11:00 PM More reviews by chanel277

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Im not sure if i like this foundation or not I think the right term would be im ok with this. I ll definitely use it up but Im not going to repurchase.I think its ridiculously overpriced for what it does. Comes in a plastic bottle with a pump, the packaging feels quite light making you think that the bottle is empty. The way that the bottle is made makes it impossible to know how much you have left, not a huge con but irritates me slightly. Its for sure one expensive foundation it retails for $60 if im not mistaken. The think that I like the most about this foundation is the finish. Luminous but not greasy and plus after a while this foundation sets on the skin and doesn't have that liquidy,glossy, greasy feeling that most moisturizing foundations have.Has quite good coverage definitely not foul but covers well minor spots and redness. For some serious concealing you will definitely need a concealer on top of this. Its for sure a moisturizing formula with satin finish so its for sure not recommended for people with oily skin.the shade selection is ok I have it in the color 40 beige and its a quite good match for my nc 25-30 complexion BUT its slightly darker i dont mind that though .Has ok lasting power well you dont expect from a luminous moisturizing foundation to last all day thats not realistic. Has a very nice silky texture that spreads on the skin effortless feels very lightweight and looks truly natural. The lifting promises are of course a big lie nothing has been lifted on my face and to be honest i think that this foundation has the tendency to set into fine lines just a little bit though . I believe this foundation would be good for someone that has dry or very dry skin ,who likes luminous finish and doesnt mint to spend $60-$65 on a foundation. As I said im not going to buy it again its not the best option for my skin

rated 4 of 5 on 10/16/2011 2:28:00 PM More reviews by FranklyScarlettBeauty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've bought it more than once. I'm only 26 and have combo skin. As I am fair, I do with the colour range was broader, as I do like to mix tones. I use faience and ivoire together, though I believe both are a bit yellow. They blend well.

The coverage is gorgeous and dewy but not goopy. It does clog my pores (within one day), so I cleanse well and still keep returning to Lift Lumiere!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/16/2011 12:26:00 AM More reviews by Lucky01

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

could improve increase skin tone colour selection (not everyone is light, med, dark...there are more inbetweens)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2011 7:35:00 PM More reviews by chanel2110

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a GORGEOUS foundation. I'm 23, and I don't think that you necessarily need to have fine lines or anything to use this. It is perfect for dry/combination skin, and it gives the most beautiful glow. I used to have incredibly oily skin but my skin changed to dry/combination the last several months and I needed to shift out of my comfort zone for a foundation that would suit my new needs. This became my HG immediately. It photographs unlike anything I've worn before - my skin looks bright, golden, flawless. It covers very well, I don't need extra concealer on old acne scars. It is very natural, and the lightest feeling foundation I've encountered with such coverage properties. I think it's lighter even than a tinted moisturizer like Laura Mercier. Beautiful finish, wonderful feel. It's a gem, that's for sure, I'm NC 25/Beige 40, intensity 3.0

rated 3 of 5 on 9/24/2011 9:02:00 AM More reviews by Morganna777

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Other

I am very pleased with this foundation, looks natural, covers well, sort of medium heavy, is moisturizing and lasts. It leaves me with a pretty glow. The colors are slightly different than pro lumiere and I had to go down all the way to Beige for a match. However the beige is slightly too dark so I mix in a little CD 021 linen. for reference I am a CD 021 linen, in between Shu 976 and 977. I think beige is the only light yellow toned color in this range because I tried ivory and it was too pink toned for me. I just wish Chanel would make a neutral yellow based color.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2011 3:25:00 AM More reviews by mariannepilgaard

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This foundation does wonders in hiding imperfections such as large pores and wrinles (well - to some extent at least). The consistency is so comfortable and it feels like you are not wearing a foundation at all - and it lasts all day! This is a really great foundation!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 9/18/2011 7:50:00 AM More reviews by Passerine

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Previously, I had Armani's Luminous Silk foundation, so I thought I'd try something different because the Armani product worked very well at first, but then developed unflattering yellow undertones. After testing several brands at a Globus department store (Switzerland), I bought Chanel's - it seemed to work well. But now that I've had it for a month, I don't like it at all. The colour isn't right - too dark for my fair skin, although it's the lightest colour they had. I've had several breakouts related to this product - if I stop wearing it, they go away, put it on again, and back they come. It seems to be clogging my pores. Also, I don't like the packaging - you have no idea how much is left. In my case, it doesn't matter as I intend to get rid of it quickly. After reading the good reviews here about the Sothys foundation, I might try that - there is a Sothys salon not far away. I have my fingers crossed that their lightest colour is pale enough. If not, I might experiment with some Borlind's.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/27/2011 4:25:00 AM More reviews by sabrunka

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Excellent foundation! Really blends into my skin well, and isn't cakey at all! Also gives me a nice healthy glow, and the coverage is about medium-heavy, depending how you apply it. I use the Clair colour and my skin is about NC20? Or maybe NW, either way I have more yellow tones in my skin and I'm in the MAC 20 colour range. I would suggest using a brush to apply this foundation, as it goes on better.

EDIT: So I've been using this foundation a few months now and... I don't really like it anymore! It seems to come off my face very easily, and go on patchy. Also I have been getting horrible clogging on my chin from the foundation! Time to find a new one :(

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2011 8:59:00 AM More reviews by Andee

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Grey, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Nordstrom SA made a generous sample for me and I fell in love. Had to have it after wearing it 3 times. It looks so much better than the Le Metier de Beaute I had been using loyally for the past year. Everything everyone says who loves it is true. It melts into your skin and doesn't show on pores which has been my complaint with many foundations including the highly touted Armani and LM. It really lasts. I only need about 1/2 pump for a very generous application. Being a bit thicker than what I had been using, I am using it with a foundation brush and whisking it back and forth to prevent the application looking too heavy. I am using the lightest shade, Faience, which looks very yellow, but on my skin, it is seemless with my neck. It is very moist, so, not sure how comfortable I will be wearing it in the dog days of summer.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2011 9:10:00 AM More reviews by beatle

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

LOVE,LOVE,LOVE THIS FOUNDATION. MY FOUNDATION STARTED TO SETTLED IN THE CREASE BY MY NOSE. I READ THE REVIEWS ON THIS FOUNDATION AND IT IS WONDERFUL. MAKES YOUR SKIN GLOW, GIVES GREAT COVERAGE AND I HAVE HAD OODLES OF COMPLIMENTS SINCE I STARTED WEARING THIS.PRICEY BUT WORTH EVERY PENNY

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No