April 20, 2014 | 1969 users online

Powder - Elizabeth Arden - Pure Finish Mineral Makeup

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2010 4:58:00 PM More reviews by Shayron

I'll admit what got me was the grinder, making the product less messy and easy to apply. Shade #4 is a perfect match for my skin tone. It's so natural looking it's almost undetectable on my skin. This doesn't settle into lines after a few hours and I can reapply w/o it looking cakey. I don't need heavy coverage so this is perfect. It also doesn't change color if my face gets a little sweaty like the Laura Mercier mineral powder did. I've never used the puff so I can't comment on how that works. This is kind of expensive so we'll have to see how long it lasts before I decide if it's worth a repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2010 11:49:00 PM More reviews by ILovePickles

I don't think this product gets enough love. This has got to be one of the best mineral foundations I have ever tried. I use it everyday alone or to set my makeup. It makes my skin look smooth, makes my pores less visible, and does a good job at shine control. This is light to medium coverage. It's perfect for a natural yet flawless look.
I apply this foundation with my Elizabeth Arden Face Powder Brush. I definitely recommend buying the brush rather than using the puff that comes with it. The brush enables for perfect application and is so soft!
The packaging is also a plus! Depending on how much product you want, all you have to do is turn the built in grinder.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/22/2010 7:28:00 PM More reviews by rigantona

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I don't tend to wear powders much as i find it can settle in my pores and make them look so much more obvious. But i was suckered in by the innovative packaging and the never ending hope that i would find a powder that worked for me. I'm happy to say - this is worth every penny.

The sales lady used a primer on me first and used the powder alone. The finish was flawless and the colour match was perfect, the right yellow tone for my light skin. It felt comfortable, i really didn't feel like i was wearing anything on my skin and it was silky to the touch.

At home, i haven't been able to recreate the same finish - but i suspect the primer is an important part of the process. I don't liek primers, mostly because i've never found one that doesn't feel heavy on my skin. But over a very light layer of liquid foundation - this powder works like a dream. I never get shine, even at the end of a 12 hours work day, i don't look all 'powdery', it imparts a lovely glow and feels ultra light on. I do think this will last me ages, though i don't go heavy with it anyway. Overall - i love it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2010 7:04:00 PM More reviews by canadian

I tried other mineral foundations such as Bare Escentuals and PUR. I didn't like either of them. The colors were off or made my skin itchy.

I decided to try the EA mineral foundation and I really like this product. I found the right color (03) and it melts into my skin. I apply foundation primer first. I do have some redness and broken capillaries so I use a liquid concealer next, blend, then apply the mineral foundation with a kabuki. I also spritz my face with Vichy or Evian spray water after applying. My skin looks flawless. I bought this a month ago and so far so good.

My face skin is quite sensitive, combination and this product does not irritate it.

In the winter my skin is more dry in the cheek area so I'm not sure how this will work for me during those cold, dry months.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2010 6:18:00 PM More reviews by chocolatemartini

I bought bare mineral's foundation before this and it totally broke me out so I thought I was done with mineral foundation but then decided to give this a try because I was enticed by Elizabeth Arden's innovative packaging and dispensing idea. Also bought the brush because it was really soft and plush (EA's brushes are actually very good quality!)

BEST BUY EVER! Its my go to foundation for summer weekend picnics in the park since it is not oily, fuss free with SPF, doesnt smudge around and its so simple to apply with EA's soft fluffy brush. Once it settles into the skin, it looks very natural like you have no make up on yet your skin looks very even. Love it. Doesn't break me out either. I would recommend using it over a primer like Laura Mercier's. Would def repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2010 5:29:00 AM More reviews by yinlet

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

one of my best discovery in recent years.
If you want light coverage, wear it alone. If you want to cover up something, wear it over liquid foundation and it does not dry up your skin like most press powder.
I like how smooth my skin looks w/ it on- I use the large brush for application.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/11/2010 3:50:00 AM More reviews by miiralees

Pros:
Gives natural looks
Coverage is good (medium with the puff provided, havent tried it with brush)
Doesnt break me out
Covers my pores nicely

Cons: Doesnt control shine (1-2 hours b4 shine starts to appear)
Quantity (only lasts 2 months and I only used it once a day + touch up (once))

Wont buy again, but this would great for those who're not looking for shine control

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2010 5:12:00 PM More reviews by xpinkangelx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

This powder did not last on my face very long. It came off very quick and looked like I had nothing on my face at all! It looked good when first applied, very natural not much coverage for my bad skin but that was ok I don't mind as long as it just evens out my skin and matched my skin tone well but just didn't have staying power. Not happy with it, won't be using it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/3/2010 3:31:00 PM More reviews by conniecorn

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

i have only been using this a short time, but its nice...however, if you are looking for coverage you will need to do a few things with this to get that coverage. i used a sponge, and i dampen it and i get much better coverage. without this technique i would not like this makeup at all, way too little coverage.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2010 2:48:00 AM More reviews by Donnz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this mineral make up. I'm on my second grinder and colour number 2 is the best match for my skin. It has only really a sheer coverage and does not hide my sun damage but it evens out the colour of my skin and looks so natural. I wear it every day with Clinique's redness mineral powder underneath and it looks wonderful. It doesn't look white in photos or under harsh lighting and lasts very well while exercising - I'm a dancer and it's perfect for an hours! I bought the mineral brush seperately and it does a great job of blending the powder in to a matte finish.

My only gripe is that they need refils!! How silly is it to need to buy an entire plastic with grinder holder - what a waste! Come on Liz! Get a little green will you?!