October 22, 2014 | 2101 users online

Powder - Elizabeth Arden - Pure Finish Mineral Makeup

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 9/20/2010 2:49:00 AM More reviews by CGE83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I would recommend this foundation for people who are looking for a mineral powder with light to medium coverage. It's got a reasonable range of shades to choose from and unlike some other mineral foundations, doesn't result in a streaky mess from sweat (mine has survived visits to the gym). You're supposed to be able to build up the coverage from this foundation but I personally haven't tried this as I usually just use it to set the liquid foundation that I normally wear.

The grinder is a really neat, mess-free way of getting just the right amount of foundation you want to use. I haven't tried to apply this foundation with the puff that comes as part of the package (and probably won't bother) but it blends beautifully with the foundation brush that AE pairs with this (it is a separate purchase from the foundation).

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2010 12:34:00 PM More reviews by skysweetener

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have been a liquid foundation girl all my life. The idea of using powder foundations makes me think of dry, cakey, flat and low staying power. The day came when I wanted to switch up my liquid foundation as I was breaking out badly. I've done a lot of research on this product and although I wanted a "healthier" alternative for my skin, I was skeptical to change to mineral make up because I needed coverage and even the Elizabeth Arden SA agrees with me. Nonetheless, I really wanted to see what was this new hype all about and I had her apply a layer on my skin (already with makeup) and I took a walk around the store while I waited for the product to settle in. When I look into the mirror 15 minutes later, I couldn't believe my eyes! My skin looks very pretty with a soft luminous glow, almost surreal. I thought it was the lighting creating the illusion and I had to walk to different mirrors to prove I wasn't seeing things! Indeed I wasn't. I went back to the SA and purchased 1 in 02 immediately. The next day, I applied it with my Everyday Minerals Flat Top Kabuki as I didn't want to invest on their brushes yet, and it still worked out great. The powder went on my skin like butter and leaves it looking like it's glowing from within. Coverage wise, it's light to medium at most, depending on how much you layer. I had to apply a tinted primer and concealer before I finish off with a layer of this in order to create the perfect finish. I love how it stays on and makes my skin look better throughout the day, and it doesn't dry out my skin or show flakiness like some oil control foundation does. With most foundations, I would dread looking myself in the mirror at the end of the day or touch up without looking blotchy and cakey. But this product looks as good and fresh as it did in the morning. And when I do touch up if I'm going out in the evening after work, it doesn't cake at all. I'm impressed! Oil control is decent. While I do have to blot 2 to 3 times a day with tissue, the makeup doesn't transfer much (this tells you something about it's staying power). Packaging is excellent, very fuss free and easy to use. Although it's a little steep price wise, you really are paying for superb quality. But if Elizabeth Arden could come up with a refill, that would be icing on the cake. I have been using it for a month now and I'm absolutely loving and enjoying the product. This doesn't make my breakout worse, and while giving my skin "room to breathe", it has improved a lot in the past month. I'm literally left with acne scars which I can cover up very easily. I'm very sure I'll be sticking with this for a long time.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2010 10:01:00 PM More reviews by flybaby

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I tried three different shades trying to get the one which would work for me. I finally gave up. This product is really nice though, just didn't seem to work for me. The coverage was fine, but I don't really need to cover much. The lasting power seemed pretty good, I just could not find a color that looked right.

I really like the packaging and the no mess grinder. I kept the brush that is to be used with it (purchased separately) as it is a GREAT brush. I use it to add bronzer on top of my current foundation.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2010 4:58:00 PM More reviews by Shayron

I'll admit what got me was the grinder, making the product less messy and easy to apply. Shade #4 is a perfect match for my skin tone. It's so natural looking it's almost undetectable on my skin. This doesn't settle into lines after a few hours and I can reapply w/o it looking cakey. I don't need heavy coverage so this is perfect. It also doesn't change color if my face gets a little sweaty like the Laura Mercier mineral powder did. I've never used the puff so I can't comment on how that works. This is kind of expensive so we'll have to see how long it lasts before I decide if it's worth a repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2010 11:49:00 PM More reviews by ILovePickles

I don't think this product gets enough love. This has got to be one of the best mineral foundations I have ever tried. I use it everyday alone or to set my makeup. It makes my skin look smooth, makes my pores less visible, and does a good job at shine control. This is light to medium coverage. It's perfect for a natural yet flawless look.
I apply this foundation with my Elizabeth Arden Face Powder Brush. I definitely recommend buying the brush rather than using the puff that comes with it. The brush enables for perfect application and is so soft!
The packaging is also a plus! Depending on how much product you want, all you have to do is turn the built in grinder.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/22/2010 7:28:00 PM More reviews by rigantona

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I don't tend to wear powders much as i find it can settle in my pores and make them look so much more obvious. But i was suckered in by the innovative packaging and the never ending hope that i would find a powder that worked for me. I'm happy to say - this is worth every penny.

The sales lady used a primer on me first and used the powder alone. The finish was flawless and the colour match was perfect, the right yellow tone for my light skin. It felt comfortable, i really didn't feel like i was wearing anything on my skin and it was silky to the touch.

At home, i haven't been able to recreate the same finish - but i suspect the primer is an important part of the process. I don't liek primers, mostly because i've never found one that doesn't feel heavy on my skin. But over a very light layer of liquid foundation - this powder works like a dream. I never get shine, even at the end of a 12 hours work day, i don't look all 'powdery', it imparts a lovely glow and feels ultra light on. I do think this will last me ages, though i don't go heavy with it anyway. Overall - i love it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2010 7:04:00 PM More reviews by canadian

I tried other mineral foundations such as Bare Escentuals and PUR. I didn't like either of them. The colors were off or made my skin itchy.

I decided to try the EA mineral foundation and I really like this product. I found the right color (03) and it melts into my skin. I apply foundation primer first. I do have some redness and broken capillaries so I use a liquid concealer next, blend, then apply the mineral foundation with a kabuki. I also spritz my face with Vichy or Evian spray water after applying. My skin looks flawless. I bought this a month ago and so far so good.

My face skin is quite sensitive, combination and this product does not irritate it.

In the winter my skin is more dry in the cheek area so I'm not sure how this will work for me during those cold, dry months.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2010 6:18:00 PM More reviews by chocolatemartini

I bought bare mineral's foundation before this and it totally broke me out so I thought I was done with mineral foundation but then decided to give this a try because I was enticed by Elizabeth Arden's innovative packaging and dispensing idea. Also bought the brush because it was really soft and plush (EA's brushes are actually very good quality!)

BEST BUY EVER! Its my go to foundation for summer weekend picnics in the park since it is not oily, fuss free with SPF, doesnt smudge around and its so simple to apply with EA's soft fluffy brush. Once it settles into the skin, it looks very natural like you have no make up on yet your skin looks very even. Love it. Doesn't break me out either. I would recommend using it over a primer like Laura Mercier's. Would def repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2010 5:29:00 AM More reviews by yinlet

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

one of my best discovery in recent years.
If you want light coverage, wear it alone. If you want to cover up something, wear it over liquid foundation and it does not dry up your skin like most press powder.
I like how smooth my skin looks w/ it on- I use the large brush for application.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/11/2010 3:50:00 AM More reviews by miiralees

Pros:
Gives natural looks
Coverage is good (medium with the puff provided, havent tried it with brush)
Doesnt break me out
Covers my pores nicely

Cons: Doesnt control shine (1-2 hours b4 shine starts to appear)
Quantity (only lasts 2 months and I only used it once a day + touch up (once))

Wont buy again, but this would great for those who're not looking for shine control