April 21, 2014 | 1028 users online

Hair - Kinky Curly - Knot Today leave-in conditioner

rated 4 of 5 on 10/11/2012 5:59:00 PM More reviews by lulu94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really like this. I was looking for a cheaper detangler than my absolute favorite, coveted UNITE 7 seconds condition... at $23 a pop that's not really budget-friendly... So I saw this at target for $11.99 and thought why not? I have colored & bleached frizzy and extremely tangle-prone 2C/3A hair. I used my normal sulfate free shampoo & conditioner and then followed up with this as a leave in on damp hair. It does not detangle *as* well as 7 seconds, but it does a better job than most, smells yummy (very light cherry fragrance), and it's all-natural. I will probably repurchase this. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2012 10:24:00 PM More reviews by Shantastic427

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this product. Since I have been natural, I've switched out many products without ever repurchasing. I have repurchased this product numerous times. I think I have 4B/C hair (still don't get this typing thing) and it gets really dry, this helps a lot. I typically use this while my hair is still very wet and then put some shea butter (warmed in my hands) on my hair before sealing with coconut oil. I have tried other leave-in conditioners and this has worked the best for me. I do wish that a larger size was sold in retail locations (at this time you can get a 32oz online for $44).

rated 1 of 5 on 7/15/2012 12:07:00 AM More reviews by SammyXO

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Uhg no. This is a rubbish product. The smell is nice, fruity and tropical. But the product is useless. No matter what amount I used, whether on soaking wet, towel-dried, or dry hair, it made my hair dull, stiff, and frizzy. I found it had little slip and was difficult to distribute evenly. And the price is tantamount to highway robbery. There are much better products out there I think. Alba Botanica and Giovanni both do far superior leave-ins, IMO.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/21/2012 8:41:00 AM More reviews by MorganAiden

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

Yeahhhh, I don't know about this one. Maybe I didn't give it enough of a chance. I returned it after one use. I have a few inches of 4c new growth and this really did nothing for me. For that price I was expecting to be more impressed, but meh...not so much. Now to detangle I mix Tressame naturals conditioner, Africa's Pride moisturizer, Giovanni's direct leave in and water in a spray bottle. It works wonders, roots detangle like a dream.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2012 6:00:00 PM More reviews by gommiebears

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

Honestly this is a pretty good detangler for my 4a/b/c hair. I had to use a lot of the product to make it work for me but it did its job. I will not repurchase because the amount I have to use to detangle my hair, I will need a gallon size jug and that will price me out into buying it.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/19/2012 2:17:00 AM More reviews by naturallykinkycoils

This conditioner is a case of over hype. This is your regular run of the mill conditioner. Suave performed just as well at a fraction of the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2012 6:38:00 AM More reviews by ajb1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Other

I tried this for the first time yesterday and just--wow. I had walked into Ricky's needing something to calm my fine, colortreated, 3a/b hair, which had been washed and air-dried. Smoothed this in and--again, wow. All of a sudden I had shiny, smooth, soft compliant locks that I could twist and wave to my heart's content--I feel like a mermaid! Can't stop running my fingers through. Also helped detangle my daughter's fine, straight but very knot-prone hair, and gave i body. Love the retro packaging and that it doesn't have unpronounceable chemicals.
I can see how this might not be moisturizing enough for thicker, thirstier hair, but for people with my persnickety texture, which is dry but also easily weighed down, I am VERY impressed.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2012 9:55:00 PM More reviews by faija

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I swore I'd never buy Kinky Curly. I felt that the prices were outrageous and they were taking advantage of the natural hair girls. BUT, I kept hearing about Knot Today being a great detangler. I was in a Target that it so I bought it. Let me just say that the bottle looks waaayyyy bigger on the internet! I used it on my daughter's mixed 3 and 4 hair and it was like magic! She has a lot of hair and is tender headed. This stuff just let the comb glide through like magic! I'm going to keep a bottle of this stuff just for her. I guess I'll do an update when I actually use it. But for the mommy's, I'd recommend you buy this for your kid. I wish they had this when I was a kid!

For my all type 4 hair, this works, but I have to use too much. I like it and I will buy again for my daughter, but this is too much money for my hair. I'd have to buy a bottle every month.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 2/14/2012 5:38:00 PM More reviews by jaimeramone28

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I LOOOOOOOOVE this! This is GREAT with the Curling Custard. This gets my tangles out and has amazing slip. It's not too moisturizing, but it doesn't make me greasy, so I can use this as my conditioner wash. To make it more moisturizing for my hair, I add a few drops of argan oil. I haven't had such a great hair day in forever :)

EDIT- It's March, and I am still loving it. I have even stocked up with a second bottle! I changed my usage a bit, though. I don't conditioner wash anymore, but I use the Kinky-Curly Come Clean shampoo and add some coconut oilnto it to make it less stripping. I add a ton of this, detangle, then scrunch in some KCCC. :)

EDIT- It's May, and I haven't used this since mid April I found the Kinky-Curly line didn't work at all for my hair anymore. The shampoo was too drying, this didn't compensate for the lost moisture, and the custard made my hair crunchy. I gave it away to my friend, though, and she really likes it! I use Darcy's Botanicals now, which is a lot better if you want soft, bouncy curls :)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/1/2012 10:40:00 PM More reviews by Smabe92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have blonde, wavy, coarse, dry hair. My aunt uses this stuff like crazy because she has reallly curly hair... i had previsouly been using garnier conditioning cream, or it's a ten miracle leave in (which are both great). I know that kinky curly is geared more toward bi-racial, or ethnic hair. However, I figured I would give this stuff a try. I was a bit hesisant as I thought it would maybe weigh my hair down a little ( I am using it as a leave in). I WAS WRONG. It did not weigh it down a bit. It actually left my hair more flowy looking if that makes any sense. I like it though, the smell, and also it just glides right through your hair when applying. It's a little pricey at 12 dollars a bottle, but the ingredients in this stuff make me realize why, and I am willing to pay. I love that it's organic. Would def repurchase....

hint: Also try using as a rinse out conditioner, it gives great slip !