Revlon ColorStay Liquid Eye Pen

2.4

Aqua (Water), Acrylates Copolymer, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Lignosulfonate, Sodium Laureth 11 Carboxylate, Glycerin, Dipropylene Glycol, Propylene Glycol, Polysorbate 80, Alcohol Denat., Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Laureth 12 Sulfate, EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain ( /-): Black 2 (CI 77266), Red 40 (CI 16035)

on 3/7/2014 10:26:00 AM

I absolutely loved this eyeliner for the 2 weeks it lasted me. It managed to cease existing after 2 weeks. It was either completely out or dried up super fast. I liked the felt tip because it made it easy for a winged line eye look. I refused to repurchase based on the fact that it dried up so unbelievably fast.

on 2/23/2014 7:48:00 PM

I bought this at CVS because a) I had a coupon and b) they were out of stock of my usual liner. I am on a never-ending quest for the best drugstore liquid liner and unfortunately, this is one that does not foot the bill. The felt tip is really stiff and does not carry a lot of product. I stored it horizontally as the package states and that did not help. After reading reviews on here I started storing it upside down but that didn't make much of a difference. If you have oily eyelids or do not use a primer, then this will smudge pretty quickly. It's hard to get a precise line and it takes me several passes to get an opaque line. I will not repurchase. If you want an okay felt-tip liquid liner you are better off buying e.l.f.'s for a few bucks.

on 1/9/2014 12:14:00 AM

I ended up buying one of these on a whim. I was initially quite happy with it - colour pay off is good, very opaque. Packaging is conveniently sized and shaped for use. It is super easy to apply this - as I said, the colour pay off is great and opaque, I find I only need to line the same area twice when I need to perfect or define a line. Downside is that this isn't a long lasting liner. Revlon calls it 'smudge proof up to 16 hours.' Mmm, definitely not. This is definitely a liner that requires multiple checks in a mirror throughout the day. It transfers at the slightest provocation, and if I'm not careful, I end up with raccoon eyes by the end of a work day. I don't have time for fussy make-up. This make up does not stand up to working out, working, or drinking. If you want to look okay, and not like a drunk mess by the end of the day, don't bother with this stuff. Sorry Revlon!

on 1/3/2014 10:58:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I always had trouble finding liquid eye pen that dries out easily. This doesnt and does last long. I like the felt tip. Does leave a glossy finish and colour pay off is good!

on 12/14/2013 8:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

When I first took this out of the package I was very disappointed.. it barely made a grey line. I read a few comments about it online that mentioned storing it tip-down for a few days, so that's what I did. It makes a HUGE difference. Now it's very easy to do a cat eye, it goes on nice and black (maybe not "BLACKEST black" like the name says, but black enough), and when I use it along with Revlone Photoready eye primer, it doesn't migrate up to my browbone when I blink with my hooded eyes.

on 12/13/2013 7:09:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I really wanted to try a liquid liner in a pen form, so this was the one I first purchased, since I heard about some of my favorite YouTubers talk about it. The pen tip isn't very precise, but that wasn't a problem for me since I like thick eyeliner.

My main problems with this product was the fact that the liner was not opaque at all (it honestly looked like a felt tip marker that drew on my eyeliner), and the lasting power is terrible. I would have to go over the line so many times in order to make it somewhat opaque. I tend to get watery eyes often, and when that would happen, the liner came right off. I don't know if this was meant to be a waterproof formula or not, but I just hated this eyeliner. I would not recommend this to anyone.

If you're looking for a super opaque, long-lasting, and precise liquid eyeliner in a pen form, go for the Dolly Wink one. It's expensive, but nothing can compare to it.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I have bought this multiple times now! It is the product I swear on, liquid eyeliner wise. I bought a few eyeliners from Lise Watier for $25 each and I have to admit I love the revlon one ALOT better, especially for $10 it is Overall a great product, I got the black and it is absolutely great, use it for months until I feel I need it replaced. Lasts long if used over eye shadow if not, to add an extra 4 hours wear a concealer on the eye lid.

on 11/25/2013 11:54:00 AM

I bought this product after reading several wonderful reviews on it, and it is a nice eyeliner pen MAYBE for beginners, but I wasn't completely pleased with it. First of all, the pigment. I tried a little bit of my hand first to see what the color looked like and it looked like a very light black (and when I say light black, I mean it looked almost like a transparent black? If that makes any sense.) I was hoping the pigment of the black would be a lot darker, but I find that if you go over it once or twice with the eyeliner pen, it adds definition to the color. I'm a cat-eye girl and I'm not ashamed to admit it, and I found that the actual applicator on the pen is very steady which helped me in the winging process, which is the only good thing I've found about this product so far. And I've had this eyeliner for a while now, and it still hasn't gotten dry or flaky, and it does stay on quite nicely. All in all, I've used better eyeliners, but I wouldn't throw this one out because it is still somewhat useful.

on 11/25/2013 5:40:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

I know it doesn't say waterproof, but what I didn't expect was for the eyeliner to come off when my eyes get teary (which happens very often). Gosh I was sooooo disappointed. Thankfully I was still at my friend's house before my night out, otherwise it would get embarrassing. I would imagine it to not able to withstand sweat too.

Also, when I removed it, I feel like there were still traces of the eyeliner, or a hint of it at least. Aka couldn't remove it completely. It gave me stronger panda eyes wtf (because my dark circles are already dark).

The pen is also not easy to use, for me at least. It took me a while to draw on the eyeliner, and the cat wing. I even had to thicken my eyeliner due to the mistakes I've made. D: Maybe I'm just used to more flexible style of liquid penliner.

Anyway, I want to return this eyeliner but I'm not sure that I can. BUT I HOPE I CAN. This is not something we practice in my country, I think. I don't think I will even use this again, as it can't even withstand my tears, so I hope my money don't go completely wasted.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is not my favorite liner. My favorite is the L'Oreal Carbon Black Lineur Intense. However, this is not bad for when you want a softer black (or brown) look. If you are shy about using liquid liners, new to liquid liners, or just learning to master winged liner, this may be a good one to start with because it's a pen. You don't have to think about how much product is too much or not enough when applying and you don't have to worry so much about applying with too light of a hand or too heavy of a hand. If you can use a marker, you can use this. That's one of the things that's great about it. Super easy to use. I find that it's not quite as pigmented as I prefer and they don't seem to last too long before drying out and needing to be replaced. The one downside to the L'Oreal that I use it that it is a little glossy even when dry, and not every eye look I create is complimented by that shine. So I decided to try this for more of a matte look without having to add black shadow, which can over-soften the line if that's not a look that you are going for. I also like that this comes in a blackened-brown shade for more low-key or natural looks, and that's mostly what I use it for. Something else I like about it is that it wears well. It doesn't crack or fade throughout the day and it stays put till you take it off at the end of the day. While it's not something that I use every single day, I like to keep it on hand because I do change up my shadow looks often and this is good to have when the look calls for it. I don't go through quite as many of these as I have my L'Oreal, but it's still a good product and I do repurchase it. It's definitely better than any of the other pen-style liners that I have tried. The applicator is very stiff though, so for someone new to liquid liner, I think this is a good thing because it allows for a lot of control. I have found since I have gotten better with winged liner, that I prefer something with a softer applicator to allow me to have more finesse. The only problem is, and the reason that I go back to this is, that this is better pigmented than some of the other pens with that softer applicator that I am looking for. It doesn't surpass the L'Oreal Carbon Black in pigmentation, but with the right application, you can get the desired effect with out the glossiness that the L'Oreal gives off, which again, is why I keep it around.