December 19, 2014 | 866 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Oil-Free Acne Stress Control Power - Cream Wash

rated 3 of 5 on 1/21/2013 6:48:00 PM More reviews by Angelgurl12

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this thinking that it would help with some of the stress pimples i was getting since i was breaking out some before exam week. While it didn't break me out, i also didn't see any improvement what so ever with my break outs.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2012 9:55:00 PM More reviews by happymerlot

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Grey

From the Acne Stress Control line, this and the 3-in-1 spot treatment are the shining stars.
Pros: nice scent, contains 2% salicylic acid, non-foaming, non-drying, tidy package, good price and easy to find. Feels soothing.
Cons: contains dyes and fragrances.

Definitely recommended to anyone who can tolerate fragrances and has normal or dry acne prone skin. I had to switch to fragrance free stuff, but I used to use this every few days.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/23/2012 6:26:00 PM More reviews by chocolaterocks12

I like how this cleanser makes my skin not feel dried out but still feel clean. however this product didn't improve my skin and I still broke out while using this product (although I'm pretty sure this specific product wasn't the cause). overall, this is nothing amazing and I wouldn't purchase again

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2012 4:45:00 AM More reviews by LilyLoves

I have been trying all sorts of products to clear the blackheads and clogged pores on my nose and chin. I decided to give this a try when I saw it at the drug store because it was inexpensive and I figured I had nothing to lose. LET ME TELL YOU it completely cleared the pores on my nose & chin within the 3rd day of use. In 2 days it also got rid of a cystic pimple that was erupting on my left cheek. I didn't expect much from this product, because overall Neutrogena products have never done anything for my skin. However, this product really gave me impressive results. I used the cream cleanser in combination with the OIL-FREE ACNE STRESS CONTROL Triple Action Toner. I am writing this in hopes that it can help someone else who has frequent breakouts like me. This product did amazing things for my skin; I really hope it can help another gal out there who is struggling with her skin :)

rated 3 of 5 on 11/28/2012 1:26:00 PM More reviews by gloriamae

I like the product! it's not my favorite cleanser I've ever used.... but it's okay! I REALLY love the Neutrogena Acne Stress Control Scrub and I feel the cleanser is a nice pair.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/26/2012 6:42:00 PM More reviews by alyshabd94

I have been using this product for about two months now and I love the way it leaves my skin feeling so incredibly smooth and soft, and moisturised! (of course I moisturise after anyway). I usually have pretty clear skin, but I normally break out around my chin, but I am slowly noticing my skin is looking so much happier and healthier since using this product!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/24/2012 1:24:00 AM More reviews by ariax

My skin is normally pretty easy to deal with, although it is oily around the T line and dry around my nose, upper lip area. Except once I started using this product, it got worse. I had ran out of face wash and didn't have one for a day or two, and got a few little spots, but then I bought this product and it got worse. I've only had this product for about a week now, and my whole forehead is oily and bumpy and around my nose is red and irritated, not to mention a few bumps on my face places where I've never had problems with. I used this product in hopes my acne would clear up, but instead, along with my skin, it got worse. I went to a friend's and used her drugstore face wash and my skin immediately felt better taking a break from the Neutrogena product. I was surprised, saying that I had used Neutrogena products before and was satisfied, but this product has been the exact opposite of what I need. Reading other people's reviews, I was also surprised I had disliked this product so much. But really, I guess it depends on skin type. But I, however, would not recommend it.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/6/2012 11:06:00 PM More reviews by xogabrielle

Not a good product to wash off makeup since it doesn't lather. Doesn't dry out my skin too bad, and makes it kinda soft actually. It's decent and has a tingling feeling which is great for the morning time. If you have minor breakouts, this will be great. It's about $7 so it's pretty cheap but it's a bit difficult to find. I don't have much use for it since I found my new HG.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2012 8:43:00 AM More reviews by tigergirly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Everything about this product shouldn't work for me- low ratings, creaminess, doesn't completely remove makeup- but it really does. There's something magical about it that makes my skin perfectly happy and clear. I used this for years and was lured away by fancier products with lofty claims. My adult acne became terrible. In desperation, I reached for this old fave and it came through again. After months of breakouts, within three days my skin became clear. I use a toner afterwards and to remove what makeup is left behind. Yet, it still works better than thorough cleansers! I can't explain it, so I'll just be grateful. I have mature combination skin that reacts to stress and products. Perhaps this product is better suited for reviewers like me. I love this and won't stray until it's discontinued! UPDATE: Still loving this dependable old gem, but I found a better solution for nighttime makeup removal- the Stress Control scrub. I use the scrub at night and the cream wash in the morning. Surprisingly still the best cleansers for my 30s acne-prone, combination skin! Beats everything from Skinceuticals and Estee Lauder.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/25/2012 11:51:00 AM More reviews by FallenWish

I didn't expect much from this product, because overall Neutrogena's products have never done anything for me. However, this product gave me impressive results. I can only use salicylic acid on my chin/nose area (which I discovered recently) and this product rose to the occassion. It took out most of my zit bumps ( I don't know what they're actually called, they're just these neutral toned bumps I get) and pustules eventually stopped coming altogether. I love this product and it keeps all of my acne at bay. I usually wash when I get out of the showers in the morning and I follow up with Aveeno moisturizer. Amazing!

UPDATE: I've been straying away from harsh products recently and when I used this product, it actually broke my skin out. :( I don't use this anymore. It just stopped working and it actually seemed to make things worse.