April 20, 2014 | 1316 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Matte - Pink Pout

rated 4 of 5 on 9/15/2012 12:45:00 AM More reviews by goldieb19

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

When it comes to lip shades, I have always been a pale nude or brown girl, and pink has never really worked for me. Every pink lipstick I have ever purchased over the years has either been too mauve and dirty looking on my lips, reminiscent of the 90's frosted trend, or just too bright and loud. Suffice it to say I have never been happy with pinks. But after seeing a swatch of MAC's Snob online, I thought that it might be the "perfect pink" I was looking for. However, because my nearest MAC counter is 40 miles away and I was not willing to pay $15 + shipping on a lipstick that probably would not work, I visited various beauty blogs in search of drugstore dupes. Many women suggested buying Revlon's Super Lustrous Lipstick in the shade Pink Pout, and I figured I had nothing to lose. The original price was $4.97, and with a $3 off coupon for any Revlon product, I got a really good deal. Just let me say that I absolutely LOVE this lipstick. It is a cool toned pink shade with just enough of a mauve undertone that it is not too bright but not dirty looking either. The lipstick goes on smooth and creamy, and it has the staying power that one would expect from a drugstore lip product--a couple of hours, unless you eat or drink. My only complaint is that, while it is not drying, it will settle into the lines of your lips, so make sure that you moisturize/exfoliate your before hand if needed. I would definitely by this again if given the chance.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/4/2012 1:04:00 PM More reviews by aamna786

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love this lipstick. Not as drying as the nude attitude lipstick formula. It's much moisturising than that one. Not chalky on me and has the perfect matteness to it... Comes off more like a purpley pink than a pink pink.. But non the less the colour does gel well with my nc40 skin tone.. I wouldn't say it's long lasting on me particulary. It usually wears off after 1 or 2 hours.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2012 3:38:00 AM More reviews by paslarissa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I got it because I read it was a dupe for MAC's snob. It's just fine, looks pale on my lips and a bit weird . I like it better than Nude Attitude but I'm not totally convinced by the color. Maybe it's just the contrast with my skin color and my natural lip color.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/6/2012 12:46:00 PM More reviews by Ashleyx

Well because this is a matte lipstick it really dried out my lips made them look cracky. It also is really light on me. But I found the perfect combo for this lipstick. I put pink pout on and then I put Rimmel London's Keep A Secret Lip Gloss, (its also a pretty pink) over top. Beautiful combo really brings out the lipstick and takes away the dryness it does for me. I suggest even if you like the lipstick by its self to try it its very nice.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2012 3:38:00 AM More reviews by catty7

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm a PPP. I wear light pink lipsticks only. I bought this with Revlon's other Matte colour, Nude Attitude so that I could warm it up a bit so that Pink Pout is not as lilac/blue toned. Together these two Revlon matte shades make a perfect and very unique light pink colour for me. I love that they are unscented. I would prefer a totally clear sturdy top so I can tell what colour they are easily. This lipstick is drying and I resent having to remember to pair it with balm. I will probably replace with MAC's Snob or Pink Plaid when I run out and combine that with another MAC nude because MAC is more moisturizing. - Unless of course Revlon makes a dupe of this particular colour combination I've created that's more moisturizing, while retaining the pigment concentration and running cheaper than MAC...Are u listening, Revlon? A girl can hope, right? And pink is a popular colour...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2012 9:54:00 PM More reviews by Ferrishyn

I was so excited about this color from all the rave reviews out there and grabbed the only one left at Ulta. I am pretty pale/cool-toned with very dark hair, so I expected this to look really flattering.
Pros: It is a very forgiving pink
Very smooth
Opaque

Cons: Too light
Drying
Looks cakey

Make sure you put lip balm on before this because it made my lips chap horrendously. I have very pigmented lips, so I advise toning your lips down with foundation or lip liner before applying this lipstick.
Overall, I was unimpressed and won't be repurchasing it, and furthermore I will avoid MAC's Snob as well if its so similar.

Edit** I changed the rating because I learned to work with this and use it over balm more than ever. Apply lightly. I did get Snob and its nothing alike. It's very flattering and not drying.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/9/2012 5:32:00 PM More reviews by BeautyAddictTwoPointO

I read so many good things about this lipstick, to the point where I went to go get one for myself & ended up buying 2; I love this color, the perfect mauve pink, not too bright & it's a supposed dupe for mac Snob. I owned both (snob fell in my toilet & had to go straight to the garbage) but what I noticed is snob is 2 shades brighter than pink pout. I really love both colors. Pink pout is way more Sheer & color friendly.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/9/2012 12:22:00 PM More reviews by BieberBunny

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this lipstick! I wear this pretty much everyday to school since the color is perfect! I love this product because it is so cheap! I love that this is a matte color that goes with anything. The only small issue that I have is that it doesnt last all day but I love to apply my lipstick so its somewhat of a bonus. I will definately have to try more Revlon lipsticks since this is my first one. I will for sure be repurchasing this!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2012 6:47:00 PM More reviews by LMxo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

LOVE! This is my everyday lipstick. I am both warm and cool toned (C3 in MAC) so i can pull off any color - lucky me :) I always get compliments when wearing it. I went to a MAC counter a couple weeks ago and the girl that was helping me said "omg! I love your lipstick! Is it MAC? I have to have it!" I told her i got it because its supposed to be a dupe for snob. So we compared it to my lips and it was a match! The formula is on the dry side so if you have chapped lips, i recommend putting lip balm on before applying. The color payoff is pretty good! Looks like it would probably suit someone with more cool toned skin than warm but i would still recommend it to anyone!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2012 11:56:00 AM More reviews by Kellz052

I bought this product at riteaid the price for what you are getting is great! This lipstick is true to its name it is perfectly matte & extra creamy.This color is beautiful i have medium skin tone and it look great with clear gloss over the top :) im a gloss girl but you could skip the gloss & it will still look amazing!