Cetaphil UVA/UVB Defense Facial Moisturizer SPF 50

2.8

Ingredients: Medicinal ingredients % w/w: octinoxate 7.5%, octocrylene 7%, oxybenzone 6%, titanium dioxide 5.7%, octisalate 5% Non-medicinal ingredients: purified water, glycerin, propylene glycol, dimethicone, cyclomethicone, vinylpirolidone/eicosene copolymer, stearic acid, glyceryl stearate (and / et) PEG-100 stearate, potassium cetyl phosphate, phenoxyethanol, aluminum hydroxide, triethanolamine, dimethiconol, methylparaben, chlorphenesin, cetyl alcohol, ethylparaben, carbomer copolymer, disodium EDTA, tocopherol/soya oil, xanthan gum

on 9/21/2011 10:17:00 AM

I put it on in the morning after - I had run out of my L'occitane Immortelle SPF 40 Lotion which is really expensive - and it seemed to be fine. Unfortunately, in the evening, my forehead reacted with little red bumps and on my chin there was a pimple and during the day my face was extremely shiny, especially around my nose. wouldn't describe my skin as sensitive, so beware if you are acne prone or sensitive!

on 9/18/2011 1:11:00 AM

OMG...gag me! If I'm not mistaken, this says "moisturizer" on the bottle. How misleading. I applied this to my skin, it was super greasy, but I wanted to give it a few minutes to "soak in"...an hour later and I was still just as greasy as when I applied it. Not my cup of tea...and ESPECIALLY not for 12 dollars. Pass!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

For my dry, sensitive skin, this is the best I can get in terms of protection and moisture. Most sunscreens dehydrate my skin, but this one actually moisturizes all day. I feel extremely protected when I wear this and have not gotten sunburned or freckled since I started using it. I live in California, so I spend lots of time in direct sunlight.

If you're looking for a matte sunscreen this is not the product for you. I'm not at all surprised that this product gets such poor reviews because it really is on the greasy side and I'm pretty sure it would make normal to oily skin look like an oil slick by midmorning.

My dry skin, however needs the extra oil and most of it gets absorbed quite well, leaving me with a healthy dewy glow, which I frequently get complimented on. This really works well as a moisturizer/sunscreen under my mineral makeup. Surprisingly I have not broken out from it, although I do use a retinoid daily so that helps prevent my pores from becoming clogged. This sunscreen also seems to keep the moisture balance in check and does not sting or irritate my sensitive skin. I have repurchased it three times and will continue to do so, since I have yet to find anyting better that fits my budget.

continued >>

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

It's really greasy, despite the fact that it's labelled "non-greasy". Plus, it leaves your face white and takes a lot to rub in. Your face feels caked once you wear this. And it's so damn expensive. -.- The pump is convenient though.

on 7/23/2011 7:51:00 PM

I've been using this SPF 50 moisturizer product off and on for two years now, alternating with the Neutrogena SPF 45 product. I purchased my tubes from Costco for $8-14/ea for 50mL/1.7oz.

I use this Cetaphil product after cleansing during mornings. It is a bit thick and viscous out of the squeeze tube, but once you spread it over your face, it absorbs quite readily. I have/had oily combination skin and use BB cream (and occasionally primer) on top of this product, and they pair remarkably well. If I ever do sense oiliness, it's due to the BB cream or other products not properly performing their duties, as I can go day-long without oil control issues.

Others have noted something about a gray overcast with regards to skin tone, but I've found the Cetaphil absorbs pretty quickly, although during the immediately application it appears somewhat thick/heavy. For reference, I'm an NC20-25 and never had issues with skin tone issues.

on 6/14/2011 7:40:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

this broke me out after a day, ONE DAY, ugh. will never repurchse waste of money!

on 5/15/2011 7:19:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I bought this because cetaphil usually works for every one... or so they say. My mom uses it and it works well for her skin. Its healing her previous breakout from nivia day cream that lasted months after she stopped using the cream. I doesnt work for me. Its a wonderful cream with good spf, but it broke my out in my forehead and made me look like I had a rash! It also caused pimples around my entire face. It did not work for me, I broke out after 3 days of using it, but it may work for you.

I don't normally write reviews, but I had to with this one! I am flabbergasted at all the bad reviews for this one. I personally love it. I can use it without any moisturizer beforehand, and it gives my skin this nice glow. I know people say they find this extremely greasy, but I really do think they are loading it on somehow. I use only what I need, and even though it does get a TAD shiny, I find every single SPF product I've tried does this on my skin. Plus, because I usually always wear makeup (usually my MMU) I don't notice the shine after that.
I guess there's lots of different opinions of this moisturizer, but I love it.

I'm a huge fan of Cetaphil, and other than the moisturizing lotion, there is not one product I dislike! Plus, there are many celebrities out there who are huge fans of Cetaphil as well, and since they have the money to use practically any product out there, it just goes to show how well Cetaphil can work for some people!

on 4/18/2011 11:18:00 PM

This is the only moisturizer I trust! I have very dry, sensitive skin and this keeps me moisturized all day long. I am on Retin-a micro so the high spf does a good job protecting me from the sun and since it's non-comedogenic it doesn't clog my pores. I've noticed a lot of people complain about looking "greasy" after they put this on, but perhaps they have oily skin to begin with? I put this on after I shower and before putting on my makeup and I always get compliments on how "dewy" and pretty my skin looks. My only complaint is that it doesn't come in a bigger size like the spf 15 does.

on 3/15/2011 2:38:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

my son's best friends mother is a pediatrician and she uses this on her son so, hey, if its good enough for a dr.s kid its good enough for my kid! he has eczema so im glad its made by cetaphil. fragrance free, hypo-all., etc. it goes on smooth and leaves no white cast on him. has no smell and SPF 50. has more titanium diox. than JASONS mineral sunscreen, so im happy about the coverage. i only wish it didnt come in such a small bottle! the pump dispenser is awesome. will repurchase.

Top Rated Cetaphil Products