April 20, 2014 | 1677 users online

Sunscreen - Cetaphil - UVA/UVB Defense Facial Moisturizer SPF 50

rated 3 of 5 on 5/15/2011 7:19:00 PM More reviews by bubblysim

I bought this because cetaphil usually works for every one... or so they say. My mom uses it and it works well for her skin. Its healing her previous breakout from nivia day cream that lasted months after she stopped using the cream. I doesnt work for me. Its a wonderful cream with good spf, but it broke my out in my forehead and made me look like I had a rash! It also caused pimples around my entire face. It did not work for me, I broke out after 3 days of using it, but it may work for you.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2011 1:05:00 PM More reviews by jamandjellypicnic

I don't normally write reviews, but I had to with this one! I am flabbergasted at all the bad reviews for this one. I personally love it. I can use it without any moisturizer beforehand, and it gives my skin this nice glow. I know people say they find this extremely greasy, but I really do think they are loading it on somehow. I use only what I need, and even though it does get a TAD shiny, I find every single SPF product I've tried does this on my skin. Plus, because I usually always wear makeup (usually my MMU) I don't notice the shine after that.
I guess there's lots of different opinions of this moisturizer, but I love it.

I'm a huge fan of Cetaphil, and other than the moisturizing lotion, there is not one product I dislike! Plus, there are many celebrities out there who are huge fans of Cetaphil as well, and since they have the money to use practically any product out there, it just goes to show how well Cetaphil can work for some people!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2011 11:18:00 PM More reviews by Lolaleeanne

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the only moisturizer I trust! I have very dry, sensitive skin and this keeps me moisturized all day long. I am on Retin-a micro so the high spf does a good job protecting me from the sun and since it's non-comedogenic it doesn't clog my pores. I've noticed a lot of people complain about looking "greasy" after they put this on, but perhaps they have oily skin to begin with? I put this on after I shower and before putting on my makeup and I always get compliments on how "dewy" and pretty my skin looks. My only complaint is that it doesn't come in a bigger size like the spf 15 does.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2011 2:38:00 PM More reviews by ltgee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

my son's best friends mother is a pediatrician and she uses this on her son so, hey, if its good enough for a dr.s kid its good enough for my kid! he has eczema so im glad its made by cetaphil. fragrance free, hypo-all., etc. it goes on smooth and leaves no white cast on him. has no smell and SPF 50. has more titanium diox. than JASONS mineral sunscreen, so im happy about the coverage. i only wish it didnt come in such a small bottle! the pump dispenser is awesome. will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2011 5:38:00 AM More reviews by Lildiv

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love cetaphil products. This product felt good on my skin as I have dry and sensitive skin (with melasma). I don't leave house without ss on. It disappears on my skin with no white caste so I layer up probably few times for extra protection. I had been using la Roche po sey before this. So not sure how good this product is against sun pigmentation. Very happy so far deinately the best sunscreen that I hav found in Australia. I have tested almost all the ss available in the market.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2010 4:45:00 AM More reviews by luckylouie

In Australia this is marketed as spf 30+ but the packaging and ingredients list are the same so I am posting my review here. When it comes to sunscreens with Mexoryl technology in Australia, there aren't many choices - basically l'oreal or this. The L'oreal costs around $25 AU for a 30 ml bottle and the Cetaphil costs around $20 for a 50 ml bottle. Cost was the main reason I chose to buy the Cetaphil. Unfortunately after only two days of using it I had a lovely crop of small pimples on my cheeks and chin, and my skin felt slightly irritated when I washed it off. I used it for two more days and the pimples and irritation remained. I will end up using the rest on my hands and arms.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2010 8:42:00 PM More reviews by Cgally

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

My skin is sensitive and dry. This is a very good moisturizer for dry skin. However, I can see the formula being an issue for those with oily/combo complexions. A little bit goes a long way-your skin feels soft at the end of the day. I've received many compliments on my glowing skin since I started using this in conjunction with my Clarisonic. Prior to this, I was an Aveeno fan. The SPF level is excellent! For those with dry skin-try it!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2010 12:33:00 AM More reviews by gorbe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

If I recall, this made my eyes sting/irritated my contacts. I think it's just too harsh- surprising because usually Cetphil products are known for being gentle. The applicator is nice, but it's just too harsh- it also looks kind of greasy on the skin, doesn't absorb very well, and doesn't wear well under makeup (a big no-go for most people on this site, I'm willing to bet).

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2010 12:54:00 PM More reviews by fancyxamy

AWFUL. Absolutely no redeeming qualities here. Burns upon application and turns my face red and shiny. ALL DAY. Please do not buy this!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/6/2010 5:48:00 PM More reviews by jenny4489

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This was the biggest waste of my money. I would not suggest this stuff to anyone. Cetaphil usually makes quite decent products so I was excited to find a moisturizer by them with sunscreen in it. I could not wait to wash this crap off of my face, I have combo skin.. my cheeks are dry but my t-zone gets a little bit oily throughout the day but this stuff makes your face look greasy enough to fry eggs on, it feels terrible on the skin.. it doesn't absorb at all, it just feels gross, i'm hoping i can return it tomorrow and get my money back.