September 1, 2014 | 1275 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Matte Lipstick Really Red [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2013 3:51:00 AM More reviews by payjark

I own a special stash of several of these babies because they are hands down ny fav DS lip product ever. They are a perfect red and make my teeth look pearly white. I love mattes and this does not dry my lips out at all! Even though my lips are very dry normally. I wish they didn't dc this! I don't want to order online when they run out at every store :/ only place I've found them is at Alberstons for twice the price Walmart had them! $4 normally but $8 there! Booooo...but worth the extra cost! They are still very cheap imo since I am a MAC lipstick lover. for the price of a MAC lippie i can score 2 of these. Pretty good :)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2013 10:38:00 PM More reviews by jongholy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this to tide me over because i couldn't find my other Matte red lipstick (MAC's Ruby Woo). Although not the same shade and staying power as the latter, i have come to love this lipstick.
    The lipstick has slightly orange undertones, i combine it with my maybelline lip liner (which has the blue undertones) and the colour i find is complementary to my "olive" skintone.
    It is quite creamy matte so doesn't dry my lips like other lipsticks, at £7-£8 this a brilliant red and i will definitely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/1/2013 2:39:00 PM More reviews by ktmacup

Oh my goodness. Yes please. Prefect red color and lasts hours without touch ups. Loved.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2013 4:29:00 PM More reviews by crmelody

Literally the most perfect, truest red for light/med skin tones.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/15/2013 9:36:00 PM More reviews by lucyrowney

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I wouldn't usually spend this much on lipstick, as I'm not a huge lipstick wearer and I don't want to spend more than about 5 on a make up product I may or may not use.
    However I had a gift voucher for Boots from Christmas and I thought I'd try it out and I would definitely repurchase this lipstick.
    Its a perfect matte red colour and is has great staying power.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2013 9:01:00 PM More reviews by fennykiro

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

loveeeee this lipstick.it's become my no go item when i work. and all my friends curious about lipstick that i use, when i said it's revlon so they're all buy this lipstick. red lips is hot. and really red lipstick it's so so so hotter. ahahaa i usually combine it with brown eyeshadow from naked palette. and voila! it's really stunning. also when i'm about to late to go to work and i need full make up for my job. just use one colour eyeshadow brown and use this lipstick. one minute emergency make up finished. and i looks like using full make up because this so attractive red lipstick. and the price is not expensive, it's so cheap. but it quite dry so i have to apply lip balm before applying it. but i love it

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2013 11:36:00 AM More reviews by SorceressOfTheDark

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Really Red is another favorite red of mine. It's a blue-red that goes on matte beautifully. Lasts a few hours on me. The color is not bright at all, but a slightly darker red. I can wear this year round. I'm very pale and this looks good with minimal makeup, altho I can wear it with a full face. It does go on smoothly and stay that way. Really Red is a staple in my bag, along with my other reds. The color also stays the color I first put on, which makes me happy. I also own Fire & Ice from Revlon, these are the only two I do own from that company, and as far as reds go, these two reds are great if you want to get one with coral tones and one with blue tones. There are a lot of reds out there and it can be very confusing when you first start out. My tip on choosing reds is if you buy first, make sure it's returnable. Many reds look different from the package and when you get home, the look on you is not what you thought it would be. If you're buying from a department store, make sure that you can return it. The red may change on you after a few hours. You're investing a few bucks into that lipstick and want to be sure that it's the perfect red for you. With so many out there today, just keep trying, you'll find one that is great for your skin tone.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2013 8:31:00 PM More reviews by beautyforless

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm a big mob movie fan, and it was right in the middle of "Mob Week" (which AMC runs once a year) that I decided that the one and only thing I needed in this world was a lipstick as red as those mob wives. It's killer.
    This one fits the bill and satisfies my inner weirdo just about perfectly. Revlon ain't foolin' around with the name either, it's really red. A bright, beautiful true red that I feel would look stunning on just about any skintone.
    Like most Revlon lipsticks, the wear is phenomenal. I can wear this all day through meals without needing to touch up at all. And when it finally does wear away, it does so evenly, no patchiness.
    Alas, like all matte lipsticks, it dries me out like a mob boss if I'm not careful. I exfoliate first then usually add some Carmex on top. Gives a lovely glossy look.
    Perhaps my only other complaint would be that I wish it were more socially acceptable to rock a bold red lip all year round. As it is, I'll just have to wait until autumn. Good on ya Revlon, this shade will be much loved by me as soon as summer is over.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2013 4:39:00 AM More reviews by JerryVermilion

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I love this babe!!! Totally a beautiful shade of red. Not too dark not too light and it makes my skin look fairer. Well lasting power and not drying at all. The packaging is beautiful~ Would definitely repurchase if run out <3

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2013 10:26:00 PM More reviews by VerniePie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this lipstick!!!! I gotta say Revlon really makes some ofthe best lipsticks out there!!!! Really Red is just a great classic red that reminds me of the glamourous movie stars of the golden era of Hollywood.....If you are looking for a beautiful true red for that classic look you don't need to look any further......this lipstick delivers!!!!

Often times I find that matte lipsticks can be really drying on my lips but not with this one....it glides on smooth and my lips look and feel soft while I'm wearing it!!! The color lasts and I always get compliments when I wear it! This is definitely a shade I would buy again and like I said before in general I'm never disappointed with Revlon lipsticks....