Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Sin

3.8

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Isododecane, Talc, Cyclopentasiloxane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Trihydroxystearin, Triethylhexanoin, Isopropyl Lanolate, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Dimethicone, PEG-40 Stearate, Propylene Carbonate, Phenoxyethanol, Cera Alba (Synthetic Beeswax), Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Methicone, Isobutylparaben May Contain: Mica, CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride) (VEGAN)

on 1/9/2014 4:06:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love the UD Original Primer Potion. I wanted to try Sin because I am always wearing the UD Naked Palettes.. and since this is a frosty primer, I ASSUMED it'd be a great addition to my collection. I was wrong. First off, when I put it on my lid, I noticed it wasn't easy to blend. It had an excessive amount of shimmer in one application, and felt very sticky on my eyelids. Not to mention, it creased like no other. Worst experience with this primer potion, so disappointed.

To make the shimmer stand out in your eye shadow, I have found this application process to work beautifully. First, prime your eyelids (up to brow bone) with UD Primer Potion in Original. Next, apply a base (NYX jumbo pencil, or Maybelline Color Tattoo cream shadows, or even MAC paint pots). Then apply your eye shadow, and you will get the extra pop of color, in a beautiful way.

on 12/31/2013 10:27:00 PM

Works great as a eye primer, and also as a facial highlighter! It's beautiful and multi tasking! I suggest trying it out!

on 12/20/2013 3:42:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Other, Warm

I am a fan of UD's original eyeshadow primer potion, it's truly one of the best out there. I received a sample of this one and I very much dislike it -- unless it's being used underneath like-colored shadows. I want my eyeshadow primer to do one thing only and that is to *prime*. I don't need all this glimmer and frost. If that's your thing, you'll love this. It does seem to have the same kind of staying power as the original and for that I was lenient with the lippy rating.

on 12/8/2013 9:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This was my first time using eye primer ever- and what a learning curve it was to choose Sin as my first primer! I almost returned it and am glad that I didn't. This is what made it amazing for me:
Only use a teeny tiny bit, and only give the tube a slight squeeze because it is nearly impossible to put the product back in

Make sure it dries- I have read it doesn't matter but I can definitely see it works best when dry

This primer is not for using shadows that are very light, unless you don't mind the primer color seeping through.

This primer absolutely lasts!! I love it for when I use my cheap ELF eyeshadows which do not show up AT ALL unless I use primer. They eventually slide off and the beautiful Sin color is left behind. For my LORAC shadows, the shadow does not budge all day and Sin makes a beautiful backdrop to let the colors shine through.

I find many eyeshadows do not show up or do not last so primer is a must. Sin is outstanding and I have not found any dupes for the beautiful color. I hate paying 20 dollars but you use so little at least it will last. I will update if I find a cheaper dupe.

on 11/3/2013 1:49:00 AM

I have been using the original primer potion for almost a year and a half and decided to give this one a try and I love it! It makes my eyeshadow look even more vibrant and frosty. It just gives an illuminated look! Must have if you like shimmer on your eyes.

on 10/13/2013 11:06:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

bar nonne my favorite primer.....I like this one a lot because it works for my skin tone really well and it has a touch of shimmer which you can wear alone and it a great look or with shadow on top and your shadow color is complemented really great. It's smooth, very easy to apply with the blush...although you do have to work fast to blend it once your apply or it won't be as smooth as you'd like. A little goes along way.

on 10/6/2013 2:41:00 PM

I liked this primer potion because it gives a fun shimmery base to work with. Warning: It is very pigmented, so this is by no means a subtle primer. It did a good job of keeping my eyeshadow on but I do need to give a disclaimer. If you use this with eye cream, it is significantly less effective. For that I took off a star. Still a good product.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I've gone through three of the primer potions in full size XL doe foot applicator one bottle. Now I have the squeeze tube version of it. I've been using this primer for about four years or so. It's a beautiful shimmery champagne color. Sometimes when I'm in a rush I wear it alone with the UD liquid liner. Over the years, my eye lids haven't become oilier I think? Because the primer is creasing after four hours or so outdoors. I live in humid FL and it's impossible to not spend time outdoors and not sweat. But this primer is not holding up to the humidity and creases like crazy. It's pricey too but the bottle lasts you forever and I use this daily. Will be on a hunt for a new HG primer that doesn't crease and can withstand my oily lids and humid weather.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I'm finally trying Urban Decay's immensely popular Primer Potion in the shade Sin. Urban Decay says their Primer Potion is "the most legendary primer in the beauty industry. Eyeshadow Primer Potion is coveted by makeup artists and makeup junkies alike because it guarantees more vibrant eyeshadow that lasts for 24 hours and NEVER CREASES! Once you experience its powers (plus how smoothly it glides on – an added bonus) you'll never want to live without it." Urban Decay offers their iconic eye primer in four shades. The full sized Primer Potion contains 11ml (.37 fl oz) an retails for $20; Urban Decay also offers a 7ml (.13 fl oz) mini size for $9. Urban Decay does no test on animals, though the brand is now owned by L'Oreal. This eye primer is made in America.
Urban Decay's Primer Potions come in two different types of packaging. The full sized Primer Potion comes in a squeeze tube, the product name and Urban Decay logo are printed on the front of the tube. The minis come to you in a curvy, hard plastic tube. The uniquely shaped cap twists off to reveal a bent doe foot applicator. The product name is printed on the front of the bottle. About half of the paint has chipped or rubbed off the bottle, which isn't attractive.
Urban Decay's Primer Potion is legendary, I feel like the only person in the entire beauty blogging community that hasn't tried it yet. I have to say, for me, this eye primer didn't live up to the hype for me. The Sin Primer Potion is a smooth, thin, slightly creamy eye primer that glides on and is a cinch to blend. This primer doesn't really seem to help eyeshadows apply more smoothly, but it does slightly improve blendability. Sin improves color payoff by about 50%. Because Sin is a colored eye primer, I hoped I could wear it as a one and done subtle cream eyeshadow. My hopes were dashed though - Sin just can't make it for more than a few hours without creasing. We aren't talking just a little line of product in the crease. Nope, I'm talking full on, all product bunched up in the crease with no trace of it on the lid. What? Urban Decay you said your Primer Potions would NEVER CREASE. Surely it performs better with eyeshadow over the top of it. Once again, no. I can get another hour or so from Sin, but still for a primer the wear is pathetically short.
Urban Decay describes Sin as a "champagne shimmer" which is pretty accurate. Sin is a sheer, pinky tan shade with gold micro shimmer. I really like the color, its flattering and super subtle - it looks great on it's own. I particularly like to pair Sin with Urban Decay's YDK eyeshadow. Sin has a subtle but interesting effect on any eyeshadow layered over it, it adds a fair bit of warmth to all colors and seems to boost the shimmer effect significantly as well.
I like a lot of things about Urban Decay's Primer Potion in Sin, but overall the formula disappoints me. This eye primer is blendable and assists in application. Sin is a lovely neutral shade that gives any eyeshadow a warm, interesting twist. I'm very disappointed in how quickly this eye primer creases. I don't even have oily eyelids! Maybe Sin will work better for those with dry lids. If I was going to drop $20 on a high end primer I'd opt for Too Faced Shadow Insurance over Urban Decay's Primer Potion. I believe Too Faced also offers a similar shade as well. I won't be repurchasing, nor will I continue to use this primer.

on 7/30/2013 4:39:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

I love the Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primers in general, but Sin is such a lovely color alone! Sometimes I like to use it as a highlighter under my eyebrows or in the corners of my eyes. This primer has given me the best results with long wear and non-creasing for my oily skin, I definitely recommend this eyeshadow primer!

Video Reviews & Tutorials