L'Oreal EverPure Sulfate-free Color Care Shampoo

2.9

on 8/30/2012 12:37:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure

Product was very foamy which is surprising for a sulfate free shampoo and they substuted sulfate for harsher chemicals that does more damage then good for your hair. I colour my hair brown and this fades the colour faster then preserving it. I washed my hair twice and the hair already began to look brassy and dull unflattering. The scent is nice and all but the performance that it promises is misleading I don't recommend any of their sulfate free collection they replace sulfate for harsher chemicals that weakens your hair overtime to become brittle split ends brassy also their is silicone in this product.

on 7/13/2012 9:38:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have highlighted, dry, fine, thick hair but had to stop using this due to breakouts along my hairline. Cannot imagine what someone with oilier hair would experience. I actually liked the herbal smell, and for a sulfate-free shampoo it lathers extremely well. If you found it on sale it might be something to use occasionally as a switch-off for your other shampoo.

on 3/2/2012 1:37:00 AM

I've heard how sulfate free shampoos are great for colored hair so I figured I'd give this a try, but I kinda hated it. It didn't smell all that great and made my hair super dry (I could barely get a comb through parts of it after my shower- and this is after using conditioner AND a leave in smoothing cream) My hair can tend to be on the oily side and I really didn't feel like this got it very clean and felt like it didn't rinse out all the way. It did, however, lather more than I expected it to though. Won't be using this again.

on 2/20/2012 8:37:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

i love the smell of this shampoo and i love the conditioner. even though its sulfate free it still lathers and cleans well. i dye my hair a blue-black and have several layers of lavender-silver hair. i bought this product to replace my wen by chaz dean because its less expensive, but it also doesnt do all the things that wen does.

on 1/23/2012 3:39:00 AM

It is very hard to find a sulfate free shampoo that is not pretty expensive. This line of shampoos can be purchased at walmart for $5-$6. It's a great buy. They last a long time and they don't strip your hair. This is the only kind of shampoo I can use that doesn't strip my color.

on 12/28/2011 6:49:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I only used this one time, so this may not be the most helpful review. The packaging with the flip top and tube is great and the shampoo gave a nice thick lather. The smell was too overpowering; it was like being in the dentist's office. It was bad enough for me to return it after one use.

on 10/17/2011 12:43:00 AM

I started using this product a few weeks ago after I had a Keratin treatment done and was advised to use Sulfate free products.
I usually love L'oreal products, but this one has been pretty bad for me. The first few times I used it, I didn't like the smell that much and found it quite overpowering, but got used to it a little (smells like mint). The shampoo does smell better than the matching conditoner though and is not as potent.
After about 4 washes, my hair started feeling very dry, my comb was ripping through it when wet, my scalp started itching slightly and my hair had no shine to it whatsoever. Definitely not a good shampoo to use of you already have naturally dry hair and colour it.
I will definitley not be repurchasing or using what I have left of this product. The only thing I can say that I liked about it was the way the shampoo really lathered up.

on 9/13/2011 12:01:00 PM

I'm someone who has a sensitive scalp and loves dyeing my hair so for a few years and some months before I found this shampoo, my scalp and hair suffered a lot from all the brands I've tried. When I first saw this in a drugstore, I was immediately sold because, hey, it's L'Oreal, right?

I bought the shampoo a day after I had my roots recolored and the shampoo I was using before (one of the dandruff-fighting ones) had stripped my color pretty badly so I knew I had to get this L'Oreal one fast.

When I first smelled the shampoo, I liked it instantly. I'm a huge sucker for earthy, herbal scents and it wasn't overpowering like some scents I've sniffed. After the first wash, I immediately knew this was THE shampoo for me. My scalp barely itched (read: never) and my hair didn't tangle up at all. It's been a couple of weeks now and the shampoo has not let me down at all even though I'm currently suffering from hormone-caused oily scalp. Hardly an itch and it doesn't feel greasy.

Will definitely continue to buy this.

on 8/29/2011 9:11:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

As a hairdresser, I have almost unlimited access to salon brands so I seldom try drugstore haircare. I first encountered this shampoo in my sister's shower. I noticed right away that my babyfine hair was detangled and soft, just the way I like it. I now keep this shampoo and the matching conditioner in my own shower and use it at least 3 or 4 times a week in my haircare rotation.

on 7/31/2011 10:32:00 PM

I have highlighted hair and heard sulfate free products were the way to go to maintain my color. I had a great experience with L'Oreal's EverPure Hair Masque, so I thought I would try their Sulfate Free Color Care Shampoo. I have oily hair that requires daily shampooing or it looks like a grease slick. I started using this product and almost immediately my hair became so dry it was like straw. The texture was just awful. It's not easy to almost impossible for my normally oily hair to become dry, so that's how harsh this shampoo is. It did give my fine hair a little more volume and shine, however it wasn't worth the damage my hair experienced from being so dried out. Definitely don't purchase.

Popular Shampoos