Dior Diorskin Nude Fresh Glow Makeup

4.4

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide 5.53% Other Ingredients: Boron Nitride, Water, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Pentylene Glycol, Menthoxypropanediol, Sodium Chloride, Stearic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Silica, Alumina, Fragrance, Magnesium Aspartate, Zinc Gluconate, Copper Gluconate, Rhodochrosite Extract, Dipropylene Glycol, Sodium Metabisulfite, Sodium Citrate, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol, Sericin, Hydrolized Linseed Extract, BHT, Sorbic Acid. May Contain: Mica, CI 77492-CI 77491-CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77510 (Ferric Ferrocyanide), CI 73360 (Red 30 Lake)

on 1/24/2010 11:59:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Ever since Iíve noticed that my Diorskin Fluide is almost finished and since it is unfortunately discontinued, I began a quest for a new foundation. My skin is oily and, while I do not have heavy acne and I am not breakout prone, I can count on one acne per week. My pores are also very expanded. In spite of this I am not a fan of full and medium coverage foundations. What I require from the foundation is minimal coverage Ė the foundation simply needs to even-out my skin tone, cover slight discolourations and minimize the appearance of the pores. My MAC shade would be NC-20.
Iíve decided to try new Diorís mineral make-up. A very nice SA transfered almost 1/6 of the full size container in my jar when I asked her for a sample. Iíve been using this for two weeks and I have to say that this is the best powder foundation Iíve ever tried. What I like most about it is that it doesnít have that powdery finish when applied (you know, that one when it is obvious that you are wearing loose powder because your skin looks as if you applied flour on it). The powder is very finely milled.
As far as the coverage goes, it is very slight, almost non-existent, but the powder manages to even-out skin tone and cover some redness. I donít have the problem with light coverage, because that is what I prefer. The powder didnít emphasize my pores, rather it managed to minimize their appearance. It didnít emphasize dry patches and flakey skin. It also works great as a setting powder over another foundation. It didnít break me out. It didnít dried out my skin (which is a common occurrence with the other loose powders).
I have to mention that the shades of this loose powder are lighter than shades of other Dior foundations. Iím usually 010 in Diorís foundations and the SA gave me Diorskin Nude mineral Powder foundation in 020 which is a great match during winter, but 030 matched me as well, albeit it was a bit too dark. It doesnít oxidize.
Also, those with oily skin must be aware that this powder wonít mattify - I have oily skin and the powder did nothing to control the oil.
Iím not sure whether I would (re)purchase it, because the price tag is prety high for a tiny amount of product. While this is wonderful foundation, I still want to test some cheaper alternatives, like Sephora mineral powders before making the final decision.

on 1/13/2010 1:57:00 PM

I use this on top of the Nude foundation and its a perfect finish!

on 1/9/2010 3:20:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This is a very expensive product for such a small amount! However, the powder is very pigmented so a little product goes a long way. I used it with the foundation & my skin was flawless, bright, smooth with no makeup look & feel. The complimentary DIOR kabuki brush & concealer was such a great bonus!

on 1/8/2010 9:53:00 AM

It surprised me!
THis powder is the BEST that i have ever used....i thought YSL's semi loose powder was awesome but this is realy fine,smooth, fresh and beautiful. it doesnt settle into fine lines around the eyes and a little goes a long way.
BE foundations are horrid and fake looking; Dior really makes luxuriously good makeup! YSL comes second now!

This product feels cool and slightly damp when applied to skin. It gives a lovely smooth finish and covers pretty well and doesn't look patchy on the skin. It gives medium coverage. I think this is a very nice luxurious powder and makes the skin look beautiful. I would say it is suitable for all skin types. I have oily/sensitive skin and i am glad to say feels moisturising without making my skin oily.
The packaging is a bit annoying as some of the powder can be lost when trying to apply it to a powder brush and when trying to close the tub. I will re-purchase this again!

on 12/18/2009 1:17:00 AM

This is hands down the best mineral makeup available. I use 020 on top of 021 & 022 mix of Caputre Totale and my skin looks amazing and I don't have the sheen that most minerals have. Like this alot, but I agree with other users that the packaging needs to be redesigned as a square top is hard to untwist! Other than that, super quality as is with the whole Dior line...:-)

on 12/16/2009 3:03:00 PM

I've been using this powder for a couple of days now, i've never been much of a powder user, but this so far feels amazing. I'm prone to shine and so far this gives a very natural feel/look that takes away the shine. It has a very neat sensation upon application, a watery cool feel. In one others suggestion I bought the bodyshop mineral blush brush and it feels amazing. The only downside i can see with this product is the packaging. I predict the possibility of a mess and powder everywhere. The other thing is it doesn't come with an applicator (which technically is okay because i prefer the bodyshop's). The sales lady recommended I go with the slightly darker shade, but i'm glad i opted for the lightest 010 because it matches perfect in natural light.

on 12/12/2009 8:07:00 AM

Love it. Love the glow, love how it goes on. The packaging is a pain in the pitoot but oh well ,I would crawl on glass to get more.

on 12/5/2009 3:14:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I use this over the liquid version. Its great for those areas that need extra coverage. It feels super light. This and the liquid are awsome. I love the way they feel on my skin and thats a big deal for me. I was getting so sick of the icky greasy heavy foundations that I've worn for years. This is just super great stuff. I have this in 010 for concealing. I am nw20. update: I broke out as usual :( This also stung my eyes for some reason.

on 11/11/2009 4:30:00 AM

Wonderful loose powder. I'm a fan of Dior products and this is a great product. It's light and airy but it gives you great coverage. I usually use it to set my liquid foundation but you can use it alone and it work JUST as great, you don't even need any other foundation underneath this. AND it makes your skin feel super smooth after you put it on. I can't emphasize how smooth it is after. I will be buying this again.