December 20, 2014 | 1198 users online

Liquid - Dior - Diorskin Nude Hydrating Makeup SPF 10

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2012 1:33:00 AM More reviews by jccmz

I went in to Sephora to try the Givenchy liquid foundation and asked a salesperson who was helping someone in that aisle with Dior products. It turned out she was a Dior rep and insisted/recommended that I try the Diorskin Nude since I wanted less than full coverage and I had sensitive skin. She picked out a beautiful shade that matched me perfectly and did a really wonderful job of applying it all over my face with a clean little sponge -- over my makeup which never breaks me out. I loved how it looked and walked out of the store. I wore it for about 5-6 more hours. When I took it off, I had broken out in some places. The next morning, I had large cystic acne on my nose, all over my chin, forehead, near my mouth. It was an absolute nightmare. I hadn't had cystic acne in probably 10 years. I'm terrified to use any more of this stuff.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2012 6:07:00 PM More reviews by holymelony

Love this! I have oily skin, but if I set it with a powder this stays put all day. Not a ton of coverage, but very good if you prefer a natural look. Does not settle into my pores or fine lines at all. On days when I have more spots I would probably reach for something that gives a little more coverage, like Mac Studio Fix Fluid, but on normal days this is my HG foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/29/2012 7:48:00 AM More reviews by StilaFaux

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was a little hesitant to purchase this product as the SA was explaining to me that this was more for normal skintypes and the oil control would not be as good as their Diorskin Forever range. Nonetheless, I purchased it due to the light texture and consistency when I sampled it on my hand. I wore this for about a normal 8-hour work day and I'm glad I purchased this. It has a nice, pleasant floral scent when freshly applied but dissipates after setting it with loose powder. The coverage was light to medium so I needed some help with my undereye circles.The oil-control for this foundation was acceptable for me as I saw T-zone shine only after about 4 hours of wear. Price range is acceptable due to it being a luxury brand but I only used 1 pump for the entire face. This would probably last about 6 months for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/10/2012 9:21:00 AM More reviews by emilymakeup

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is the most natural looking foundation I have ever tried. I have very clear skin so do not need much coverage, just need to even out some redness and give my face a little polish, create a good base for blush, etc. I think if you have more coverage needs than that, this would not be ideal. It applies well with a foundation brush and blends perfectly. Even after building up coverage (on my chin area mostly) I found it to blend so naturally that it was almost invisible. The finish is also very natural on my normal skin - not matte, not dewy. I do not use powder to set makeup (hate powder) and I found that this foundation looked the same at 5pm as it did in the morning. I am only removing one lippie because it is definitely not hydrating, which is odd, given its name and the fact that the consistency is a little thick. I found that it is almost even drying, so I am on the fence as to whether to use this in winter or look for a more truly hydrating foundation. But overall I think this is an excellent product and I am very, very picky about foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/10/2012 7:58:00 AM More reviews by Astrida5

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Edit: I have used this foundation for a couple of months now and I actually start loving it. I use shade 002 and for concealer I use MAC NW20. It blends perfectly together. The foundation looks super natural! So I give 4 lippies instead of 3.

11-10-2012
I thought i would love this foundation. Everything sounded so good. This foundation is supposed to look natural and it did but after a few hours my oily t-zone looked greasy and horrible. It's a foundation with a light coverage. I bought this for 38€ but it's not worth the money for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/4/2012 10:24:00 PM More reviews by Ispania

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is just so so!
I expected more from this high end makeup! Especially from French ones.
It's not bad it's just average. For this price( 40 or 44 $)you can get something better!
I bought it one and a half year ago and still struggling to use it up.
It gives light to medium coverage. Doesn't hide my enlarged pores, dries my skin.
It says hydrating, not for my skin. On the contrary ,winter time it's drying.
It gives more matte than glowing finish ( at least the glow is so very much subtle). It feels light on skin, but doesn't cover my red spots. You will need concealer. It has only 10 SPF, not enough to use on its own!
I have it in 020, which is good for my fair to light skin.I

The package is good, but does it really matter if I am not happy with its contents ?
But yes... Package is good - pump bottle.

I used to use Lanc�me foundation and it's better than this one. Some drugstore foundations are really better than this one!

....................update............................
I must say that I might ce back to this foundation. I had it three years ago and after that I used a lot of others, drugstore and high end, but this one was best for my skin. I could use it both in winter and summer. The pros are
- natural finish
- I don't remember exactly but I think I was oil free. Winter time a little drying, but if moisterize skin properly its good.
- covers my flaws but looks as if I'm not wearing any foundation.
- didn't crease even without primer.

A lot of pros and a little cons. + 1 lippi.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2012 1:20:00 PM More reviews by Tindra78

This is nothing special... I was looking for a new foundation, cause I only wanted to try something new.... But I wanted it to even out the skintone and cover enlarged pores. This didn't do the job more than my Everyday Minerals matte foundation, and my old favourite from Vichy. Instead it covered the pores less better!! I usually use the Vichy on the pores, and that foundation still is the best one to hide them!!

The color 010 is a little pinkish-white in the tone, but the next step 020 is too dark and looks "dirty" in strong light...I guess I'd need to mix these two....I'd also like the 010 to be just a little more neutral in the tone...not pinkish....

It would be expensive to buy two bottles of this, when you don't find it much much better than other foundations....

But I think there are better foundations out there, especially for us with acne prone skin.... So I won't repurchase...

Update: 16 nov 2012. I've continued experimenting with this, and have been mixing those two shades and wore it at the work... My skin is quite problematic, acne-prone, but still often flaky and dry cause of all my acne-products - its unbalanced in other words. The nude foundation "cracked" and accentuated these flaws... On my chin it literally cracked in small pieces...awful... So I don't know if it is that the foundation is too dry or if it was my skin....but this doesn't happen with the Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation.... Hmmm...

rated 1 of 5 on 11/1/2012 9:33:00 PM More reviews by PrincessMikki

For a while, I really liked this. I would apply it with a beauty blender. It kept me matte all day long, which was a HUGE plus. Sadly, it started oxidizing and turned orange on me. It also made me extremely oily. I now sometimes use this in the winter when my skin is pale and dry. It can also look cakey. I don't reccomend this mainly because of the color issue.
UPDATE : I don't know WHY I gave this 3 lippies. Im using it now im the colder weather and it has only made me oiler. Knocked it down to 1 lippie. :(

rated 3 of 5 on 10/27/2012 11:55:00 PM More reviews by hellokittybrock

I feel it is an ok foundation. Doesnt wow me at all. Coverage is light to medium. Some reviews online said this foundation settles into pores which I can assure it doesnt. Oil control isnt good but I can blot. Although I have ultra oily skin, the blotting is not too excessive. Will I repurchase? Most probably no.

*the finish for this foundation is actually quite nice. But once I powder over the luminous finish, it spoils everything. Would recommend this to anybody with dry skin. You might wanna apply this and not powder over it. Not recommended for oily skin types.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/22/2012 6:05:00 PM More reviews by bright123

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

It has been a while since I have submitted a review because frankly ,even though I continue to be a make up junkie and have bought lots of stuff, all I can say is "bah humbug" over just about everything. I hate to be so negative... I have just been on my yearly hunt for perfection in a bottle of foundation and have a fortune in my make up drawers. Hurrah! I tried a sample of diorskin nude "just because" and have to say I am in love with their color selection and the foundation finish for me. I am hard to match normally-neither pink or yellow. Sometimes neutral colors are just too grey on me, but pink is just too pink and yellow is jaundice material. I am wearing 4.0 honey beige and am pleased. I havent noticed any oxidation and the finish is just so natural looking. Yes! edit: can look kinda flat-not as luminous as I would like and the honey beige is too dark now for me now that it is winter.