April 21, 2014 | 1315 users online

Liquid - Christian Dior - Diorskin Nude Hydrating Makeup SPF 10

rated 3 of 5 on 10/7/2012 9:02:00 PM More reviews by lucky85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I got a sample of this foundation from sephora. I use no. 30. I was told that this foundation had medium coverage but upon application I found it to be more lite then medium.Great summer foundation especially b/c it contains SPF. But during a pms hormonal breakout it doesn't give much coverage.
I used to use Prescriptives foundation (Flawless) and I'm having a hard time replacing it.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/2/2012 4:07:00 PM More reviews by alina83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I'm between shades, I bought 040 Honey Beige which is slightly too dark for me but the salesgirl didn't tell me that it oxidises, and when I swatched 031 (Sand) it looked ashy...oh well. Anyway the formula is good for winter, it makes skin soft and dewy. I find that you really need primer to make it 'set' properly. It did seem kind of greasy toward the end of the day but when I wiped my cheek it didn't come off (the way MAC Studio Sculpt does!). I still prefer Estee Lauder Double Wear (I have it in Tawny) but that's too light so I mix them together and it works lol.

I said that I would not buy it again because I find that for the price of Dior I shouldn't have to mix shades. The end.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2012 5:33:00 PM More reviews by slc

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I was excited about trying this since so many people love it, but it is too dehydrating for my skin. They have my exact color match and it gave me a fresh look -- I wanted it to work so bad, but after 20 minutes I looked very dry.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/27/2012 8:08:00 PM More reviews by luisareyna

What a great liquid foundation! Not my all time favorite, however the slip of this foundation is really great. It blends in really well (requires little to no effort really) and looks flawless for about 6-7 hours until I notice any fading. I just wish I had a better color match, as I'm currently mixing two different shades with different undertones. Finish to this is semi-matte, leaning a bit more towards the dewy side of the spectrum. Overall this foundation is high quality and seems to be worth the money.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2012 9:10:00 PM More reviews by Klass

I was always hesitant to buy liquid foundation because I have sensitive, oily and acne prone skin. But powder was making me look too chalky so I decided to try this one. It is AMAZING!! The coverage is medium so it covers my blemishes but it does not look like I am wearing makeup AT ALL. It gives my skin a natural glow and makes my skin look even and clear. What is even more impressive, it does not feel like I am wearing foundation. It has also cleared some of my blemishes! I am so thrilled and I would recommend it to anyone.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/18/2012 7:25:00 AM More reviews by Leno4ka

I have used this foundation for +/- 6 months and I absolutely LOVED it! My skin used to be in a pretty good condition, I just had some redness and a few pimples. This foundation doesn't provide a good coverage but it makes your skin looks more beautiful in a natural way and it gives a beautiful somewhat dewy effect. After the foundation I still had to use concealer for my few pimples and dark circles. But here is the thing!! DO NOT USE THIS FOUNDATION if your skin is in a bad condition (bad acne, dark acne scars etc.) because it will be just a waste of your money! I recommend the Diorskin forever foundation for people with bad skin like me now. This (nude) foundation is very suitable for people with a pretty good skin that want to somewhat enhance the way their skin looks. As soon as I get rid of my acne (and scars) I will buy this foundation again because I love the natural look! :)

rated 3 of 5 on 9/14/2012 9:52:00 PM More reviews by loverlover1328

This is a fdtn I'm testing at the moment along with the BB Longwear Even Finish (see review).
I got a sample of the 031 colour (yellow tone) and the next darkest colour they have is 040 which is a neutral tone, not yellow tone.
It is a shame they have not released this in darker yellow shades because I actually really like the formula. Sadly, this makes it a 3 score.
It is a lovely satin finish, not dull or flat, and the wear is about 12 hours. I find that a little goes a long way and it spreads very smoothly. Best for normal/combo skin I think.
The colour is neither yellow enough nor dark enough for me, so I have been testing it with bronzer, but I don't like using bronzer over my whole face to darken a fdtn.
Sadly this means I won't be buying this!

Overall, this is a fantastic fdtn which is vastly different from the predecessor. I used the old Nude for about a year and was very happy with it, but this one is much more advanced. The coverage is better and the wear is longer. I have also found that it is improving the tone and look of my bare skin, due to the mineralised water/filtered water in it. A fdtn which improves your skin is rare! Don't ask the SA about it though, you'll get some idiotic sounding answer.
It does not emphasise pores over sunscreen, and doesn't fade in a hurry.

More about me:
Asian normal skin - tending towards combination in summer
Was acne-prone for years
Foundation preference is to look as yellow as possible, absolutely nil pink
MAC NC-30, Shiseido O60, BeneFit Beige, Bobbi Brown #4, MUFE Sand/Desert
Sunscreen everyday - alternating between Sofina and Invisible Zinc

rated 4 of 5 on 9/12/2012 3:26:00 PM More reviews by pikerupert

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I am sorry to have rated the packaging so low, but I actually got a sample of this from a magazine so that's how I found out about it! It was in Light Beige and came in a small packet.
Anyway, the texture is sort-of like a gel or cream, it's quite thick, with a good colour (for me!) and great coverage, however it has awful staying power, in fact by maybe 12 o'clock, it had started looking streaky! Also, it tends to cling to any dry areas and makes any powder put on top of it instantly caked!
However, I did really like it. It smelt nice, gave great coverage and although it's out my price range, I will always try to look about for it! It also comes in some great colours. I would just have to prime more next time!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/8/2012 11:17:00 PM More reviews by glitterbox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am really disappointed in this foundation. At $48 CAD (plus tax), this was the most expensive of the three foundations I've been rotating lately and yet it's the one I like least of the three! Firstly, the colour match isn't great for me. I spent a good 20 minutes letting the lady at the Dior counter test colours on me, yet the colour she matched me to (023 - Peach) is still way too orange. But putting aside the colour issue, I'm still not a fan of the formula. It highlights my dry spots and the fine hairs on my face. It looks cakey and I don't find it to be moisturizing at all, nor does it give me the natural, dewy look I was hoping for. I've had to resort to mixing the foundation with some moisturizer and some of my L'Oreal Magic Lumi liquid illuminator to make it a passable colour and a better texture. I definitely won't re-purchase, and will probably just keep it as a back-up to use for when I run out of my preferred foundations.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/29/2012 9:13:00 PM More reviews by tatouchs

I liked it but it's not the best I've used. It gives a beautiful glow to the skin but it looks made up. I'd be perfect for night time ude.