January 29, 2015 | 1062 users online

Liquid - Rimmel - Stay Matte Clarifying Matte Foundation

rated 1 of 5 on 5/31/2011 2:31:00 PM More reviews by Kasey3435

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

My sister recently bought this and let me tell you this foundation is Godawful. First of all, its REALLY liquidly, it's like putting skin colored water on your face. it runs everywhere and get in your eyes! Not only that, IT STINGS AND BURNS! it has very Little coverage and makes your face look like a 2 month old dry cake. Also, it has a weird smell ? .. Like something rotting ?? it's absolutely disgusting. Plus the lightest color they had was still too dark, thats why my sister gave it too me.

I was SOOOOO disappointed because rimmel usually makes good makeup! but this one's a stinker. Dont waste your money on this!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/19/2011 10:13:00 AM More reviews by kolbaska

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Firstly, this product smells like a garbage bin no joke. i nearly puked while putting it on as it smells like rotten food. i havent had a chance to test it before buying as i bought it packaged from a supermarket. it says its all the things that im looking for in a foundation- full coverage, oil control, matte finish and long wear - but the coverage it provided was lighter than of a tinted moisturiser - so in the bin it went :D

rated 3 of 5 on 4/1/2011 10:44:00 PM More reviews by pualonnie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

The consistency is not good and coloring is lighter than expected. Did okay throughout the day. Did not wear off and I did not get too oily, but coverage was not great. I could see all my little imperfections through it.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/1/2011 2:53:00 PM More reviews by angelsun18

Product was too watery. I would not recommend this product. Only plus is the color matches my skin perfectly though!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/26/2011 2:10:00 AM More reviews by Qwonny

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

YUCK. Okay, so, I'm extremely pale (natural) so every foundation I've ever purchased was always too pink or too orange or just too damn dark. This was no exception. The consistency is just awful, the color is unnatural and it clogs my pores. Don't buy it.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/26/2011 12:45:00 AM More reviews by pakiaish

So I bought this foundation, as a light daily alternative to my mac moisture blend, which feels too heavy to be using as a daily, if you have oily skin i highly recommend staying away from this product, it will make u a grease ball by the end of the day. When you apply this product it makes your skin look kind of wet and dewy it is definitely not matte, you look kind of shiny. So your first hour you will look ok, but your skin will feel like you have a heavy lotion on your face. If you have dry non-oily skin this may work for u, but acne prone or oily i'd suggest u stay away.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/16/2011 6:55:00 PM More reviews by ravasquez11

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This product is way to thick and it oxidizes like crazy. It also runs very dark, I purchased the Soft Beige color and it was dark on me and I don't even have light skin! I have an olive complexion and True Ivory was the only color that worked decently. If you are a fair skinned individual stay away from this product and try Covergirl instead. This product is not worth the money, you're better off not wearing any makeup at all. It makes the skin look dry and pasty and it doens't blend well.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/16/2011 3:53:00 AM More reviews by PrincessofIce

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Black

Pros:
Water based
Doesn't break out
Good packaging
Blendable and buildable
Light coverage

Cons:
Not matte!

So I have combo skin (leaning more towards oily) and this foundation was one of the few that didn't break me out. The coverage is pretty light, which is more or less what I need (I like the more natural look) but if I need more coverage, I just use more.

The big downside is that it leaves me oily in a few hrs... but then again, pretty much anything on my face does so it's no surprise to me.

For the price and the fact that it doesn't break me out at all, I'd totally buy it again, but I'm gonna keep an eye out for something that keeps my face matte

rated 4 of 5 on 3/11/2011 12:16:00 PM More reviews by rocksiren

Okay so maybe Im skewed, because I started Tetracycline for my skin at the same time, but I really liked this product. Granted, I dont put it all over my face, but where I put it, it covered well, stayed matte even though Im greasy, and even helped under my eyes. I was surprised to see all the bad reviews. I have sensitive skin and it didnt cause my any hives, milia or anything. Been using for about a month and I liked it!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/9/2011 7:06:00 PM More reviews by christiina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this foundation because I thought it would "stay matte"....it doesn't! For me, it doesn't even go on matte on my face - it makes it even shinier. Also, I would classify this as more of a tinted moisturiser rather than foundation due to how light the coverage is. I feel it doesn't even out my skin tone enough.