August 30, 2014 | 1136 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Double Extend Beauty Tubes Mascara in Black

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2011 11:01:00 PM More reviews by lcn706

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this after watching a bunch of kandee johnson videos on YouTube. That girl really knows her stuff. Everything I get works!!! Thats beside the point though.

This mascara has a primer and a regular colored mascara. The white that goes on first that gives the lashes the "tubes". Then the black gives the volume.

It's a tad hard to get off with regular make up remover. You kind of have to get your lashes wet then take it off that way. It's nice in the shower cuz you don't have to worry about your mascara making you look like a raccoon.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/4/2011 5:26:00 AM More reviews by cherzleen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love tube/film mascaras. So fave Clinique Lash Power and Bobbi Brown Smudgeproof have been my favorites. But those are departmental store mascaras. I wanted to get a cheaper alternative, L'oreal Double Extend Beauty tubes is not that cheap either, at RM40 (USD14) compared to the Clinique RM75 (USD25). The reason I prefer smudeproof mascara is by noon I'll get raccoon eyes. I was thrilled the first time I was introduced to Lash Power. I think so far I have purchased 5 tubes. Back to L'oreal, firstly it did an ok job, the formula was a but runny and I don't get the primer, seriously it works just fine without the primer. The wand was ok no complains there. What annoys me is the formulation. 1 month down the road it starts to smell funny and clump around the wand each time I take it out. I need to wipe it off and dip the wand again. Such a hassle. It does give you considerable length, not so much volume. Overall, it's a blah product, save your money and get Lash Power instead.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2011 6:02:00 AM More reviews by glowded

my top 3rd mascara.. love the white stuff.. you have to wait for it to dry .. and use the black stuff.
pors: looks like falsies
comes off super easy when u have a bath or wash you face with lukewarm water.
IS CRYPROOF . :d
cons: have to wait for white stuff to dry.
clumps but u dont notice because of volume..
love it

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2011 12:45:00 AM More reviews by Branny43

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I was surprised at how much I really enjoy this mascara. Usually, I'm looking for gobs of volume, but the length and glossy-black color this imparts is just nearly enough to make me overlook the whole volume thing.
A great everyday mascara to keep in my rotation, and one I reach for fairly often.
Easy (if somewhat disconcerting) removal, yet it doesn't smudge, flake, or run down my face in the rain. A repurchase for sure.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/25/2011 8:56:00 PM More reviews by dvaldez5

This was one of my favorite mascaras. this is a great mascara as well. i LOVE the primer. it really coated all of my lashes. i have a few bad things about it though. first of all it has a horrible smell, and personally i feel bad putting that on my eyes. the black mascara isnt really black kinda like charcoal or something. also if you wait a long time to apply the mascara after you apply the primer your eyes will look really spidery!!!! GROSS! another huge con is that they leave my eyelashes really stiff. one thing i DO like about it is that it gives me ALOT of length and its soooo easy to take off. all you do is apply warm water to your lashes for 10sec or so then start lightly tugging on your eyelashes and the mascara will come off completely. Its a bit expensive and not worth the money for a drugstore mascara. theres way better options out there like, loreal columinous in carbon black, now thats a wayyy better alternative :)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/19/2011 1:55:00 PM More reviews by mtnsunshine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I like the concept of this mascara. The conditioning primer really does make my lashes soft and full, and then the color accentuates the length. I wish more mascaras has the tubing concept, because I think it's easier on my lashes when I remove my makeup. I've been using Rimmel Lash Accelerator, but if I ever get bored with that, I'll buy this again =)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/19/2011 12:37:00 AM More reviews by devlshangl

Any mascara has always worked for length and curl. That's not my issue. No matter what mascara I wore, my eyelashes would lengthen to the point they leave black smudges on my eyelids where the tips touch my skin. But, I have to wear mascara because I am blonde and have very light lashes.

This is the only mascara I have found that does not leave this smudging or little dots all along my eyelids. While it's not my HG for a night out where I want more voluminous lashes. It's perfect for everyday, especially for work where all the eye makeup I wear is mascara. All I have to do is wash my face before slipping into bed and all the tubes wash down the drain.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2011 1:58:00 PM More reviews by Pheebie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a pretty cool product. I have long lashes, but what woman doesn't want to capitalize on what she already has, right? If you want really long, "notice me" lashes, you owe it to yourself to give this a try. It takes a little getting used to and I wouldn't recommend using it on those days when you're in a rush, since you have to apply the primer then the masaca itself, and if you try to speed through the process, you'll get stuck-together, somewhat clumpy results. Take your time and you'll love how your lashes look - mine even hit my sunglasses when I put them on - yowza. It doesn't flake, smudge or run but removes easily with warm water and a gentle make-up remover. (I've never tried using warm water only, though some ladies report that works also.) I'm not sure how L'oreal managed to make that happen, but they did. In summation, this isn't my everyday, go-to mascara, but it's nice for special occasions or when I have time to "play" with my makeup.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2011 12:53:00 PM More reviews by Norajimjom

I like this product very much. It's good for lengthening your lashes and if you want a 'kind of' natural- long lash look. My lashes also feel moisturised unlike any other ones I've used before. I don't loose as many lashes as i used to anymore. what makes it so attractive is that it only comes off when you wash it with warm water so you can happily run through the rain all you want and it won't run down your face..and on hot days it also doesn't melt down your face. It is tremendously easier to remove that when you use waterproof mascara (that still smudge if there is oil..and we have the so called "oil" on our skin) so it is a great product for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/12/2011 1:14:00 PM More reviews by marvelgirl1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I will definitely not buy this again. I already have long lashes, so if you're looking for length, maybe you'll like this. But volume? Forget about it. My lashes were so thin that after using this product, I had to use three coats, and even then there wasn't much improvement. Also, I found that I had to separate my lashes after using the primer AND the after the mascara, which I just found to be too much of a pain. Didn't like this one bit.