November 24, 2014 | 899 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Double Extend Beauty Tubes Mascara in Black

rated 2 of 5 on 4/8/2011 9:28:00 PM More reviews by jacoba

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I wasnt a fan of this product, I liked the prep white base, but it was so starchly white, that even though my lashes are naturally black, after I put the black on it still couldn't cover up the white. Maybe my formula was dried out. I use the white as a base for other mascaras when I'm going out. Also, it makes my eyes itchy if it gets in them, I think I am allergic to it. The brush is nothing special, and the only time I ever wear it is when I'm going to work and can get away with a really subtle eye. If you're craving a dramatic eye, this won't help.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2011 9:10:00 PM More reviews by AudB

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Fantastic product! I've been wearing this daily for about a week now and I don't know how I ever lived without it. It NEVER smudges or flakes. It looks as good at 10pm as when I put it on at 8AM.

I took a previous reviewer's advice on the application process and I haven't had any problems getting nice, full, long lashes. The key is to apply the primer to one eye, then right away flip the tube around and apply the coloured mascara while the primer is still wet. I just do one eye at a time (primer & colour) and it works wonderfully.

Removal is the easiest thing in the world. Just use warm water and a gentle washcloth or cotton pad. The little tubes slide right off.

The only downfall I can see to this is that there is no such thing as a good second coat with this mascara. You have to get it on there on the first coat or it ends up looking like messy spider lashes.

I would definitely buy this again, and will continue using it for my everyday mascara.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2011 3:29:00 AM More reviews by FakeJapSlayer

I like this mascara, It doesn't flake or smear and it delivers the length and volume it promises. The only bad thing is that after you apply the primer, it's hard to cover up all the white parts

rated 4 of 5 on 3/14/2011 7:28:00 PM More reviews by Katillac

I like this mascara, I really do, but I prefer the L'Oreal Double Extend Mascara with Lash Boosting Serum (the blue one!). The Beauty Tubes mascara works well, but I like the other one better. The Lash Boosting Serum makes a really big difference!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2011 11:01:00 PM More reviews by lcn706

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this after watching a bunch of kandee johnson videos on YouTube. That girl really knows her stuff. Everything I get works!!! Thats beside the point though.

This mascara has a primer and a regular colored mascara. The white that goes on first that gives the lashes the "tubes". Then the black gives the volume.

It's a tad hard to get off with regular make up remover. You kind of have to get your lashes wet then take it off that way. It's nice in the shower cuz you don't have to worry about your mascara making you look like a raccoon.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/4/2011 5:26:00 AM More reviews by cherzleen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love tube/film mascaras. So fave Clinique Lash Power and Bobbi Brown Smudgeproof have been my favorites. But those are departmental store mascaras. I wanted to get a cheaper alternative, L'oreal Double Extend Beauty tubes is not that cheap either, at RM40 (USD14) compared to the Clinique RM75 (USD25). The reason I prefer smudeproof mascara is by noon I'll get raccoon eyes. I was thrilled the first time I was introduced to Lash Power. I think so far I have purchased 5 tubes. Back to L'oreal, firstly it did an ok job, the formula was a but runny and I don't get the primer, seriously it works just fine without the primer. The wand was ok no complains there. What annoys me is the formulation. 1 month down the road it starts to smell funny and clump around the wand each time I take it out. I need to wipe it off and dip the wand again. Such a hassle. It does give you considerable length, not so much volume. Overall, it's a blah product, save your money and get Lash Power instead.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2011 6:02:00 AM More reviews by glowded

my top 3rd mascara.. love the white stuff.. you have to wait for it to dry .. and use the black stuff.
pors: looks like falsies
comes off super easy when u have a bath or wash you face with lukewarm water.
IS CRYPROOF . :d
cons: have to wait for white stuff to dry.
clumps but u dont notice because of volume..
love it

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2011 12:45:00 AM More reviews by Branny43

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I was surprised at how much I really enjoy this mascara. Usually, I'm looking for gobs of volume, but the length and glossy-black color this imparts is just nearly enough to make me overlook the whole volume thing.
A great everyday mascara to keep in my rotation, and one I reach for fairly often.
Easy (if somewhat disconcerting) removal, yet it doesn't smudge, flake, or run down my face in the rain. A repurchase for sure.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/25/2011 8:56:00 PM More reviews by dvaldez5

This was one of my favorite mascaras. this is a great mascara as well. i LOVE the primer. it really coated all of my lashes. i have a few bad things about it though. first of all it has a horrible smell, and personally i feel bad putting that on my eyes. the black mascara isnt really black kinda like charcoal or something. also if you wait a long time to apply the mascara after you apply the primer your eyes will look really spidery!!!! GROSS! another huge con is that they leave my eyelashes really stiff. one thing i DO like about it is that it gives me ALOT of length and its soooo easy to take off. all you do is apply warm water to your lashes for 10sec or so then start lightly tugging on your eyelashes and the mascara will come off completely. Its a bit expensive and not worth the money for a drugstore mascara. theres way better options out there like, loreal columinous in carbon black, now thats a wayyy better alternative :)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/19/2011 1:55:00 PM More reviews by mtnsunshine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I like the concept of this mascara. The conditioning primer really does make my lashes soft and full, and then the color accentuates the length. I wish more mascaras has the tubing concept, because I think it's easier on my lashes when I remove my makeup. I've been using Rimmel Lash Accelerator, but if I ever get bored with that, I'll buy this again =)