L'Oreal Infallible Never Fail Lipstick

3.6

[[ Base Coat Ingredients ]] ISODODECANE • TRIMETHYLSILOXYSILICATE • NYLON-611/DIMETHICONE COPOLYMER • DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE • LAUROYL LYSINE • PROPYLENE CARBONATE • CALCIUM SODIUM BOROSILICATE • ARGININE PCA • CALCIUM ALUMINUM BOROSILICATE • HYDROXYPALMITOYL SPHINGANINE • SYNTHETIC FLUORPHLOGOPITE • SILICA • POLYETHYLENE TEREPHTHALATE • POLYMETHYL METHACRYLATE [+/- MAY CONTAIN : MICA • CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE • CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77491 / IRON OXIDES • CI 15850 / RED 7 • CI 45380 / RED 22 LAKE • CI 45410 / RED 28 LAKE • CI 15985 / YELLOW 6 LAKE • CI 19140 / YELLOW 5 LAKE • CI 75470 / CARMINE • CI 42090 / BLUE 1 LAKE ] [[ Top Coat Ingredients ]] TRIMETHYL PENTAPHENYL TRISILOXANE • BIS-DIGLYCERYL POLYACYLADIPATE-2 • OZOKERITE • CERA ALBA / BEESWAX / CIRE D'ABEILLE • PARFUM / FRAGRANCE • TOCOPHERYL ACETATE • PENTAERYTHRITYL TETRAISOSTEARATE • SILICA DIMETHYL SILYLATE • SODIUM CHONDROITIN SULFATE • ATELOCOLLAGEN [[ Lip Gloss Ingredients ]] TRIMETHYLSILOXYPHENYL DIMETHICONE • OCTYLDODECANOL • ISODODECANE • ACRYLIC ACID/ISOBUTYL ACRYLATE/ISOBORNYL ACRYLATE COPOLYMER • SQUALANE • POLYBUTENE • SILICA DIMETHYL SILYLATE • CALCIUM ALUMINUM BOROSILICATE • SILICA • ISOPROPYLPARABEN • BUTYLPARABEN • ISOBUTYLPARABEN • PARFUM / FRAGRANCE • ARGININE PCA • TOCOPHERYL ACETATE • PENTAERYTHRITYL TETRAISOSTEARATE • HYDROXYPALMITOYL SPHINGANINE • CALCIUM SODIUM BOROSILICATE • POLYETHYLENE TEREPHTHALATE • POLYMETHYL METHACRYLATE • SYNTHETIC FLUORPHLOGOPITE • TIN OXIDE • SODIUM CHONDROITIN SULFATE • ATELOCOLLAGEN [+/- MAY CONTAIN: MICA • CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE • CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77491 / IRON OXIDES • CI 45410 / RED 28 LAKE • CI 77163 / BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE • CI 15850 / RED 7 • CI 45380 / RED 22 LAKE • CI 15985 / YELLOW 6 LAKE • CI 75470 / CARMINE • CI 19140 / YELLOW 5 LAKE • CI 42090 / BLUE 1 LAKE ]

on 6/30/2010 9:33:00 AM

I generally hate these long lasting lipsticks. But this one is pretty good. I bought it at Walmart for about $10. I usually use high end makeup, so I'm okay with this price. I bought it in Henna, which is a peachy-brownish color. Subtle and perfect for work.

Like most long lasting lipsticks, it has that yucky very dry feeling. The top coat is nice though - really moisturizing and smells great. I love the packaging. The lipstick and top coat are in separate tubes which are imbedded in this little silver casing that acts like a mirror.

No, not the most OMG holy grail product in the world, but very decent for everyday use.

Oh and it does last! I came home from work yesterday and it was still on, despite lunch and several snacks.

on 6/23/2010 1:40:00 AM

Well the color part was ok, nothing special. But the smell of the topcoat is sooooo good. It just made me want to smell it all day. I just wanna pull it out cause its almost like a lip balm anyway. Other then that its like any two step color, but has an interesting packaging. But I wouldn't buy it again, it's not amazing and the smell of one of the side isn't really worth 12 bucks.

on 5/8/2010 4:13:00 PM

I bought this in color 500 - Thistle. The packaging is unique, which I like, even if it takes a little bit to get used to. The color is a nice, mild mauve-ish tone with a slight hint of purple. I prefer to use the lip color by itself and not use the "gloss" side of the compact; I find the color lasts longer that way. Yes it's dryer and doens't moisturize your lips but I prefer that over having to reapply my lipstick every half hour. Over all a pretty good product. I would probably buy this again only in a darker color for a more dramatic look.

on 3/21/2010 10:37:00 AM

It makes me think that I suck at just putting on the lipstick.. I swear to God it's the first time of my life that it seems to take me forever to use the lipstick. It's too dry and no matter how I try using it even with a lip brush, it's so hard to work with. But the color does stay very long. When I drink, there's no marks left on my glass, no color on the tissue paper that I just touch to my lip. The lip balm does smell heavenly.. But the lipcolor? No thanks...

Oh, I do like their package.. Quite cute and u can use it as a mirror to put on the lip stick...

on 1/12/2010 10:39:00 PM

Well, given the fact that I did spend only two dollars on this compared to ten, I really cant complain ALL that much, but I have more cons then I do of pros. Ill start with the cons.

CONS:
-The application of the lipstick part is no where smoothe. Glides on pretty roughly and sometimes has a bit of chunks falling out along the way.
-Very dry, therefor that leads to why its a rough application.
-Must exfoliate lips before hand or have a very smoothe surface.
-Accentuates fine lines and flakiness upon lips if it does not have a smoothe surface.

PROS:
Pretty colour (i got mine in Lilly)
Subtle ammount of shimmer.
The conditioning side is creamy and smoothe.
PAckagine is kinda weird, but I like it since its different.

Overall, I think I WOULD try this again, but only the new lipgloss one. As for this one, its not Epic Fail, but I expect much better quality wise.

on 12/10/2009 5:21:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I bought this product in Walnut, which actually is a nearly-nude color and not dark at all. I adore the packaging and I love, love, love the color selection, but...I admit that it does dry out the lips and that it sort of flakes/crumbles (I'd say more crumbles than flakes) off eventually during the day. But it does indeed have staying power.

I wear it occasionally despite the drying effect and I think I'll keep another in my car as a "just in case" because the price was reasonable and because I really do just love this color.

on 11/17/2009 11:04:00 PM

I was fairly disappointed in this product primarily because of how incredibly drying it was. When you initially put the color coat on, it is quite sticky and very dry, but the sticky is resolved with the clear conditioning product. However, even though the lip color stays, the conditioning layer does not. After 30 minutes, my lips were dry, flaking, and felt terrible. The strange thing is that the conditioning layer made my lips have a very wrinkly appearance which I've never really experienced before. I purchased the #55 Primrose which is a very lovely color. The scent of the product is also very nice and the packaging is innovative despite it being completely plastic. The mirror was a nice touch.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Blech. I don't know why I keep trying these 2-step long-lasting lipsticks. They hurt my lips to put on dry and the moisturizing top coat is never actually moisturizing. Infallible was another disappointment. I agree with the previous poster who said she would rather go through the steps in the morning, and reappy throughout the day, than deal with the yucky texture of these long-lasting formulas. Ugh.

I've got this in Orchid, and so far I really like it. It stays, it doesn't look garish, and I actually am a fan of the packaging (which includes a shiny mirror-like side and is easy to find in my bag). I am considering getting another color to switch it up. :)

Great staying power- not so great top coat. Love the colors. If they could make a moisturizing top coat that would actually stay- I'd buy this more often. Still a go-to for a night out when I need staying power.

Popular Lipsticks