MAC Studio Sculpt SPF 15 Foundation

3.5

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 7%; Titanium Dioxide 2%, Other Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Polymethylsilesquioxane, Isostearic Acid, C4-24 Alkyl Dimethicone/Divinylmethicone Crosspolymer, Isononyl Isononanoate, Tamarindus Indica Seed Extract, Tocopherol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Haberlea Rhodopensis Leaf Extract, Beta Vulgaris (Beet) Root Extract, Shea Butter, Yeast Extract, Quercus Suber Bark Extract, Phytantriol, Dextrin Palmitate, Dextrin Palmitate/Ethylhexanoate, Cellulose Gum, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Xanthan Gum, Dimethicone, Methicone, Propylene Carbonate, Sodium Chloride, Palmitic Acid, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Cetyl PEG/PPG -10/1 Dimethicone, Hexyl Laurate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Octyldodecyl PCA, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Stearic Acid, Caprylyl Glycol, Dipropylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Aluminum Stearate, Hexylene Glycol. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Chromium Oxide Greens.

on 3/9/2015 11:17:00 AM

I have very sensitive skin and it's been very hard finding a foundation that won't dry out my skin after a few hours. Tried clinique, Dior, Estee Lauder, Rimmel, No7 and Shiseido and for me this one is the best! Have in mind i don't need much coverage as my skin is quite clear but nevertheless, when it sometimes is a bit blotchy it covers it right up!

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

This is actually more a review for the concealer from the Studio Sculpt line but both concealer and foundation are heartbreakingly rubbish. I feel sorry for any sucker unlucky enough to shell out their hard earned cash on this monstrosity. I wish I could be kinder about MAC, but for such an overpriced, overhyped, cold calculating corporation with such terrible customer service, it's hard to feel any sympathy when, lipsticks and eyeshadows aside, they basically charge money for old rope.

I have no idea why so many people raved about this line when it came out: it is awful! I have a feeling most of the rave reviews were bribes...they would have to be. Studio Sculpt sucks!

Studio Sculpt concealer was my first ever purchase from a MAC store, in fact, my first encounter with the MAC store. Yep, the rude, condescending, snotty staff, the overpriced poster paint being sold as makeup...ahhh MAC, how I adore thee. Oh well, I thought. It'll be worth it all for glowy flawless MAC quality skin, right? Wrong!

I paid a ridiculous amount of money for this tiny tub of...stuff. I bought in NC15 back when I was going through my pale and interesting phase. This concealer made my 17 year old baby soft skin look like a 60 year old's. I could swear that this product is made out of powdered chalk and talc mixed together with lard. Firstly, it's dry as a bone, and almost rock solid. You literally have to dig in the pot for a chunk of this gunk. Second, it is sooooo IMPOSSIBLE to blend - this ties in with the first point that it is rock solid. Third: it separates! Literally the greasy liquid part and the chalky pigment actually separated while on my face: half chalk powder, with a layer of oil on top. Nice. Did I mention this stuff immediately creases and turns teeny tiny fine lines into deep Mariana trenches? It also: dries my skin out completely, looks ashy and dull, turns blemishes crusty and covers barely anything. You could not pay me to wear this product again. Not after 3 different friends asked me what was wrong with my skin when I applied this. I would rather use drugstore products for the rest of my life than touch this again. Consider it the black plague of concealers. Please ladies and gents, do not waste your money on any Studio Sculpt products. MAC: discontinue this line ASAP! PLEASE!

on 2/27/2015 9:34:00 PM

Had high hopes only to be extremely disappointed, broke me out, looked thick and cakey. It was hard to blend and despite getting colour matched at MAC, it was still too orange. Wasted $70+NZD on it.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

After the way studio fix fluid made my skin dry I was shown this product by a member of the MAC team and I ended up purchasing it.

I feel like although the coverage is medium it still struggled to hide some of my blemishes and went on very oily even though I had dry skin. I found it very hard to blend even with the use of a stippling brush.

The duration of this foundation is awful, 4/5 hours after application my cheeks are glowing red through the foundation and it looks like I am bare faced. Not what I wanted after spending £25! Price is ridiculous for the quality of this product. I would not buy again, and it did not make my skin any less dryer than the studio fix. I would like to note i heavily mositurise and use a hydration primer and I feel like founation goes on far too greasy and then dries to a cakey substance.

I have used MAC studio fix foundation for many many years now & I have tried to change foundations multiple times and always end up back with the studio fix, I have quite dry skin and was sick of the matte look I got with studio fix so I asked the 'specialist' at the MAC counter for something more dewy and she pointed me in the direction of the sculpt, I have to say I have never ever been this disappointed with MAC make up.. This stuff has made my pores absolutely enormous and I've never been able to notice my pores before, my skin has completely broken out in pimples after I've just spent a year treating my skin to get rid of the acne I suffered from, this stuff feels so gunky and horrible on your skin, and it literally looks as though you've gone and got a glub of fat/grease/oil from the kitchen and smeared it all over your face its absolutely terrible! I spent about $200 on products when I bought this foundation - I purchased the prep+prime primer and also the mineralize powder. I have used $10 products that have been nicer than these 3.. I'm so un-happy with all 3 of these products and don't think ill ever buy anything but lipsticks from MAC ever again, I'm even turned off the old faithful studio fix that I've used for long. I just really hope this stuff hasn't damaged my skin long term... I will be so upset :(

on 2/23/2015 10:06:00 PM

Got this from my sister two years ago. I've barely used it because I get much better results with mineral makeup. Coverage is medium to heavy, buildable, consistency is liquid and creamy, durability through the day is not great, I do need reapplication every 3 hours or so. It makes my pores GIGANTIC, and my skin get really oily. Price is terrible where I live for the results you get. Pachaging is good, and you can cut it open once it's running out to use the last bits. Won't repurchase.

on 2/18/2015 5:09:00 PM

i do not know why but i am never happy with any of the mac foundation , usually i love most of their products unfortunately not the foundation , this one here after a while it becomes orange on my face it looks just ugly , cakey

on 2/16/2015 7:20:00 PM

So disappointed! I was so excited to try this, and I didn't even have to purchase it, a friend gave me hers because it broke her out, and it was a perfect color match. This stuff is supposed to be Mac's fullest coverage foundation and I'm confused, is that a joke? I have dry, dry skin and even with matte powder to set this crap I looked like a walking shiny grease glob only a few (like 1.5-2) hours later. This settled into my lines and pores, w/ or w/out primer. Faded after a few hours of wear. Buh, I just did not care for this at all! Like seriously the cheapest of drugstore products have worked better than this. And yes, this broke me out too, even being extremely careful to remove it as soon as I was able to. Boo. Macne foundations always a let down.

PROS: It's a satin/semi-matte finish. Somewhat kind to wrinkles. It lasts pretty well.

CONS: It's not the best in my wrinkles. It's bad in my pores later. Round ends of tube don't allow you to place it on the counter to stand alone.

ALTERNATES: L'oreal Visible Lift Serum Absolute is much better in my wrinkles and gives a satin finish. For lighter coverage, TheBalm's TimeBalm tinted moisturizer is so kind to my wrinkles and pores.

APPLICATION TIPS: To make it last a little longer and disguise my pores, I can first pat Monistat chafing gel (or L'oreal Magic Perfecting primer for more mattifying) into my pores and applied lightly on the rest of my face, letting it set a few minutes before applying this product, OR use Covergirl Advanced Radiance Age-Defying powder (which is so kind to my wrinkles) after the foundation sets a bit. (If I am going to be out in the heat or dancing, etc., then I use the Monistat chafing gel as a primer AND use the Covergirl Advanced Radiance powder after the foundation.)

I also like to put just a drop of grapeseed oil (it's a very light oil) mixed into my foundation before applying. (It's a crazy sounding idea, but it truly creates a magical finish that doesn't look greasy. I got the tip from makeup artist Wayne Goss. But do know I'm combination/dry. It would not be good for someone who is oily or wants a true matte finish.) I use Sonia Kashuk's core synthetic blending brush, to apply and blend my foundation (It's amazing for blending.)

on 2/4/2015 12:03:00 PM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

Before switching to this foundation I had always used studio fix, originally nw25 although I think I was matched too light and switched to nw30 which appeared too orange. I put up with it for a while as in the summer months I tan well and it looked ok but this winter I had done with it. I also wanted to switch to something more dewy as I'm bored of the matte doll look. The lady at Mac advised me to switch to an NC with less orange pigment and was matched at NC42 (they come up lighter than fix) The odd number also means it has a yellow undertone but not so much as a 5 or 0 shade - I think. I'm trying my best to love this foundation, when first applied it can look amazing for the first few hours, then the dewy look turns to shine, whether that's because I'm so used to a matte look and not having to do any touch ups with studio fix I'm not sure. I have never noticed my skin to be oily but with this foundation j feel it is. I want to keep the dewy look it first creates all day! I have always used no7 beautifully matte make up base and have purchased a Mac blot powder in dark to set the foundation and keep away excessive shine. Although I'd like to not have to apply this much of at all throughout the day. I'll see how that works but any tips on how to keep this foundation looking it's best all day would be appreciated. Also the best way to apply this foundation, currently using a paddle brush the same as the lady applied with in the shop but I'm not sure if this is helping to emphasise fine lines on my forehead or if I've just never noticed them from using a high coverage like studio fix. I'd really like this foundation to work as sometimes it can look brilliant, any recommendations as to how to work with it would be grateful!

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Request: My Current Foundation Routine and Blue,Brown and Gold Evening look by Toni3luv

Top Rated MAC Products