January 31, 2015 | 1412 users online

Mascara - Bare Escentuals - buxom lash

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2013 12:32:00 AM More reviews by akneil

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Update: I have noticed one little flaw. This mascara flakes, but only the slightest amount. Not enough to change my mind about it or take a lippie off, it's really minimal. But I thought i better share that info!

Oringinal post:
This stuff is amazing.
I've never seen my lashes so massive. They legit looked like I was wearing false lashes. You can pile this stuff on like crazy and they just get bigger and bigger.
This mascara gives both length and volume. It has a great silicone hourglass brush that is super effective and separates every lash.
The biggest thing I noticed with this mascara is that it holds curl like i've never seen before. It's weightless and I would actually say it seems like it not only holds curl but creates curl. It's really amazing.
Not to mention this is great for sensitive eyes as Buxom doesn't have parabens, sulfates, dyes or harsh chemicals. It is also vitamin enriched so it's supposed to strengthen and possibly help grow your lashes. I haven't been using it long enough to notice those effects, but I will update if I think it does help in the long run.

Bottom line is this is a fantastic product and might just be my HG mascara (kicks my original favourite l'oreal telescopics butt!)
Sephora usually sells deluxe sample sizes of this in their checkout line, so if you are unsure that is a good way to try it without spending the full amount.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2013 4:54:00 PM More reviews by RedLipsBlackHair

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

This mascara makes my lashes look huge. The more I apply the better they look. No matter how much I apply, it doesn't clump. Doesn't smudge or flake either. The brush is amazing, gets every single lash. Big tube; comes with lots of product. I definitely recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2013 9:27:00 PM More reviews by Pisces3113

I've been using this mascara for so long and it is my favorite mascara by far. I've tried a lot of different mascaras but nothing else compares. This mascara NEVER clumps and always makes your lashes look perfect.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2013 6:46:00 PM More reviews by MissInvisible

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I Love It, it's an amazing mascara, I've bought one pack of it a while ago and felt in love with it. It does all that I need: separates, defines, colors and don't clump my lash (I hate it about the most mascaras)... But the problem is, that it sells only in US, but I'm not living there and I didn't find it elsewhere online who would ship it to me, ebay's one are too expensive... I wish I could find a good substitute for it about this price or less...

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2013 12:49:00 AM More reviews by jordan19f

I have short thin Asian lashes that are transparent to the naked eye. This mascara has helped define my lashes even to my thinnest short lash. It's buildable without being clumpy with a flexible hold. I gone through several tubes already and have a couple of backs, yeah love this mascara.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/27/2013 12:01:00 AM More reviews by elixmia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

My feelings toward this product are mostly negative. It partly straightened my curled lashes and it gave them some length, but no volume. The brush is enormous, but does a decent job of separating the lashes. I removed almost all of it with hot water, which seemed to work better than makeup remover alone. The price was $18, and for the iffy at best results that is unfortunately expensive.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/24/2013 12:58:00 PM More reviews by apkeating

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Got a mini of this in my Lash Stash box. I've used it before in mini size but I've never bought it in full size, so I'm not sure of the price. I do like it for a daytime lash. I generally prefer more drama since I have very sparse lashes, but this does an AMAZING job at separating. It really doesn't clump. I usually hate those rubbery brushes but this one isn't bad.

This isn't a very dramatic mascara but it's a good daytime (and layers well) and does a great job if your lashes tend to clump. However, I won't purchase in fullsize since I prefer more volume overall.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/11/2013 4:40:00 AM More reviews by asherzoby

I wanted to like this because i heard so much good stuff about it. Unfortunately, this leave black streaks at the bottom of my eye after about 4 hours. so that sucks. it does not harden my eyelashes and it looks pretty natural, but if its buxom lashes you are looking for, then i am afraid this does not cut it. price wise, does not seem worth it. you migght as well stick with maybelline, imho.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2013 7:29:00 PM More reviews by Caleigh2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I am a mascara junkie. For many years I was hopelessly devoted to Lancome Definicils even though I seemed to try every high end and some drugstore mascaras that came out. My personal favorite for the last 3 years and the one I keep coming back to is the Bare Escentuals Buxom Lash. It is reasonably priced at $19 for a higher end mascara, it comes in a large tube, lasts longer than the shelf life (I definitely toss mascara after 6 months, not worth contamination). It is a very good deep black and it gives me a lot of length and some fullness without stickiness or clumps. I despise mascara that clumps or gives "spider lashes"!
If I choose to use my eyelash curler (shu ) I can get a wide open almost false lashes look without too much work but this mascara also fills in lashes nicely and adds length and some volume and will hold a curl on my lashes without using an eyelash curler. Sometimes for casual day look I prefer not to use the curler. Several of the sales associates at my local Sephora have told me this is their "go to" mascara. I strongly recommend giving it a try.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2013 1:03:00 PM More reviews by smashlers

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was at Sephora buying another mascara that I needed to be waterproof, and then I saw the mini version of Buxom Lash at the checkout area for $13 that I've been wanting to try for awhile because of good things I have heard.
I love when brands have travel/mini sizes like this because I have no problem spending $13 right away to try this before buying a full size!

Anyway, I have been apprehensive about any mascaras with the plastic bristles instead of the brush for a long time now and I have just avoided trying them. I have now used one other mascara and this Buxom Lash Mascara with this type of brush and I love it! It is SO easy to apply, and the bristles do a much more thorough application job than the regular brush I am used to. I also love how black this mascara is, as soon as I apply it. I have very blonde and thin eyelashes so I need this so much! I am used to having to brush through my eyelashes several times trying to get enough volume but also trying to get rid of large clumps. This brush and mascara applies lots of product giving you the look you want, but with no clumps.
I do not think this is expensive. The full size is $24 CAD and I can't think of many mascaras cheaper than that except for drugstore brands.

Complaints: it doesn't dry hard, so my lashes are not staying curled. If it weren't for the dark dark black, you may not notice them at all. The only other things I can say is that it is not very fast-drying so it can smudge if you don't wait a minute; and it is so easy to apply but sometimes I forgot the shape of the brush and can easily poke myself in the eye because I'm in a hurry! My own fault!

I really like this mascara so far, I am curious to see how it wears after a few more days to see how I still like it.

I would recommend it to anyone who wants long, very dark black lashes and a brush that makes it very quick and easy to apply!