October 1, 2014 | 2015 users online

Eye Shadow - Chanel - Quadra - 14 Mystic Eyes

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2009 11:56:00 PM More reviews by michybabe

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a fantastic quad! Ever since I bought it, it's the only quad I've been using. The colors go together fantastically, they really give off a mysterious look. The highlighting shade look fantastic. The dark brown and bronze color look amazing after blended together.

I love, love, love this.

I find the pink shade absolutely useless though. Wish they would have replaced that with an iridescent black. I use it to highlight my nose....

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2009 9:50:00 PM More reviews by medicredfearn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

***Pics and swatches at the end of the review ***This quad won my heart! I got this last month and have used it enough to say that it is one of my new faves! The eyeshadows are soft, silky and easy to blend. I'd say they're all nicely pigmented with the exception of the silver/taupe color. It reminds me of MAC lustre eyeshadows. More specifically honeylust. If you're not familiar, then it reminds me of Kitschmas pigment. The old formula. Very chunky in pigmentation and still sheer. I'm sure it would be nice foiled, but I don't like to wet anything but my loose eyeshadows.
I use TFSI underneath all my eyeshadows so I don't have any problems with creasing or fading for hours. The price is a bit steep, $56 + tax, which is why I took 1 star off. But these colors are nice enough on me for the looks that I usually wear that I would definitely buy it again.
I'd describe the 4 colors it has as a gorgeous plummy chocolate brown (that is perfect for a crease color), glowy pale salmon, a very silvery champagne/taupe and a golden brown. All are shimmery, without being too shimmery and not frosty. Mix and match these colors with others from your collection or use them on their own, this quad is simply awesome!
Here are a few pics of the quad itself in sunlight, shade and swatches on my NC40 skin without any base.
sunlight

shade

sunlight

continued >>

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2009 1:11:00 PM More reviews by pretty_please

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

This quad was just sitting in my stash, I had used it a few times without much success...until my best friend, a Chanel make up artist, told me how she wears this and advises her customers to wear it who don't think its working for them. She said to apply the pale pink from lash line to brow and then take the shimmery silver and apply that all over the lid. Next you should use the bronzey brown in the crease and the darker plummy brown on the outer corners. You can either you the pluumy brown wet as a liner or line with a blue or a purple. She said it would be gorgeous and when I followed her advice it was! And so easy to do! Its the most amazing brown smokey eye. I have only done it with the plummy brown as a liner and black on my inner rims but I know the blue or purple liner would be a stunning contrast. This quad went from being in my maybe I should swap this pile to being a favorite after my besties advice on how to wear it. My only complaints are that the silvery / gold / cream color has falling shimmer...which is a super duper pet peeve of mine. I hate that fallout look but this is the least bad fallout I have seen. Its small shimmer, not glitter so if I were wearing a dewy foundation or shimmery highlighter then the fallout would theoretically go unnoticed...so I can live with that. Also the quad is very nice but its ridiculously expensive, I suppose now its not all the much more than like a holiday palette from MAC but this is still expensive to me hah. Anyway, highly recommended...especially my friends tips on how to wear...

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2009 3:06:00 PM More reviews by bellydancer

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The shadows are uber-finely-milled and highly pigmented-- the packaging is elegant and well made-- it's a joy to use these shadows every day. I use the silver on the lid, the pinky white on the browbone, the golden brown on my outside corner, and then I line with the burgundy brown on my upper lid-- the lower line I use the golden brown. These shadows are great neutrals and seem to go with anything. I'm PPP and turquoise eyes, reddish brown hair-- for the record. Very flattering. Would definitely buy again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2009 11:46:00 PM More reviews by womanwarrior

Over the last year I went on a Chanel quadra binge, buying Beiges de Chanel, Mystic Eyes and Winter Nights. This is my least favorite of the bunch. First, just so frosty! Also the combination of the silver and the warm brown... I've never been able to figure out how to combine those two together on my small Asian lids (don't have the massive canvases some MUAers have for their artwork!) . I can wear either the pink and silver, or the pink and beige (which can pretty much be duped by the colors in Winter Nights) with the dark plum brown (similar to MAC Mystery) as liner.

But I'm addicted to Chanel, and would buy it again, b/c it's not terrible and is still more wearable than some of the other dark or colorful quads they make.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2009 8:14:00 PM More reviews by chiggy5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

This quad is 0.04 oz and the newer quads are 0.24 oz. I do not like this formula, thank goodness they changed it and for good reasons. When I open it at first sight it's disappointing, it looks like over baked, cracking, chalky, glitter balls. The glitter is just all over the palette and when applied the frostyness needs to be toned down, it also applies rather chalky.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2009 11:00:00 AM More reviews by blssd

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

My first Chanel quad and love it. These shadows are beautiful applied dry and dramatic when applied with dampened brushes. The Chanel SA demonstrated this palette on me and I was easily sold. Brings out hazel eyes beautifully. When I complained that plum or brown liners never last all day for me, she suggested overlining the Chanel waterproof liner with a brushing of the plum brown. This tip works very well. Lasts all day long! Don't anticipate needing more than one additional quad of colors for any event.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2009 1:32:00 PM More reviews by ewmcgrath

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my HG of eyeshadow, if i was stuck on a island with only one eyeshadow palette, this would be it. The colors are beautiful, perfect for my light eyes and skin, dark hair. The color is easily blendable, there is nothing i do not love about this palette; the price does not even phase me, that is how much i love this palette.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/21/2009 8:15:00 AM More reviews by angour

Hi all, I used to be a huge fan of Chanel eye shadows "Les 4 Ombres", but I switched to using everyday minerals eye shadows for a year or so and now, feeling nostalgic for my Chanels, bought a new set of Mystic Eyes

The color selection is really nice and I LOVE how all for colors are really shimmery.

The only thing that I noticed is that aside from the obviously dark brown, the other colors are all very translucent... they give a lot of shine and sparkle, but the opacity is not exactly what I was looking for. I wonder if I use them wet whether it will be any better.... will post an update later on this

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2009 11:23:00 PM More reviews by pocky

Talk about zzZZZzzzZZZ.

When I first saw this palette, my first thought was, "Don't I have that already?" but the Chanel SA convinced me that Mystic Eyes is truly unique and gorgeous and is different enough from Dunes that I should get it. I was sold. While Mystic Eyes is not a dupe of Dunes, it is also not different enough to justify having both. Yes, the colors are beautiful in the pan but that's it. Payoff, especially with the light and medium shades, is a bit disappointing and I already have at least two versions of the darkest color only mine are much more pigmented, silky, and not powdery. I think the Chanel quads are so popular because 1) it's Chanel and 2) the colors are pretty in the pan. Those are the only reasons I can think of for why everyone loves these boring quads.

The pretty colors are a bit unremarkable on my skin (NC25), perhaps because the color payoff is so poor. The texture is not as elegant and silky as my favorite shadows (none of which are Chanel), and quite frankly, $56 for something I don't love is ridiculous. For that much money I can a few fantastic singles that I actually wear. Mystic Eyes is nothing special. I already returned mine after not touching it for two months. Life's too short and storage space too precious to hang onto a boring eye palette just because it's Chanel.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No