Caudalie Gentle Buffing Cream

4.1

Aqua (Water), Hexyldecyl Stearate*, Cellulose*, Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil*, Glycerin*, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil*, Mel (Honey), C14-22 Alcohols*, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Myristyl Alcohol*, Sodium Acrylates Copolymer, Caprylyl Glycol, Parfum (Fragrance), Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Benzyl Alcohol, C12-20 Alkyl Glucoside*, Xanthan Gum, Myristyl Glucoside*, Tocopherol*, Butylene Glycol, Phospholipids*, Polyglyceryl-10 Stearate*, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil*, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract*, Dehydroacetic Acid, Hexyl Cinnamal, Linalool, Limonene, Benzyl Benzoate.

on 9/9/2005 10:44:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I really love this stuff. My skin is sensative, combo and tends to break out. I use it 2 x a week (then Dr Brandt Microderm. in a Jar once a week). It really makes your skin soft and smooth but is not harsh or drying. Very nice stuff - I got a sample, loved it so much I purchased it and have already purchased one more when Spalook was having a sale - do not want to run out. It is expensive though for the amount you get. Little tube 1.6 oz for about $35. I think.

on 7/5/2005 11:49:00 PM

I tried a small sample on my face. It left my face so smooth after using it. Unlike other scrubs or buffing cream, it is really gentel and I didn't feel dry. It works well with my dry/sensitive skin.

on 5/3/2005 1:41:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

best scrub i've found so far that's gentle enough to clear my pores without making me break out. quite expensive, but with the results will definitely buy again.

on 2/9/2005 10:56:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I do not understand the mixed reviews for this scrub. As an esthetician, I find it to be very good (not an HG, by any means) and neither too harsh nor too wimpy for NORMAL to OILY skin types.

If you are sensitive you really shouldn't be using a mechanical exfoliant in the first place.

As for Caudalie products, I do like them, but they are very pricey and the company has a certain "snob appeal" that is attractive to some and off-putting to others.

A very good product - but there are better out ther for the money. (Try Astara's daily refining scrub or Thalgo's descomasque [may have a new name])

on 9/7/2004 10:08:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

Totally wonderful. I got this as a sample and it just sat in my drawer unused for the longest time. I am so glad I finally reached for it. Interesting story with my first use--I flaked on the instructions and somehow thought you were supposed to leave it on for awhile before the gentle scrub. So, I put it on my face, and jumped into the shower, and didn't wash it off until several minutes later. My skin felt fantastic!! As I rinsed the product off, I felt like a old dead layer of skin was gently coming off, too. Later on I read the instructions and used it the "normal" way, but the results weren't as great! So... I have been using it the "wrong" way permanently. I have NO idea why it works better that way, but I'm not arguing! This buffing cream, and the aspirin mask, have given me the best looking skin I have had since I was a pre-teen. I wish of course it weren't so pricey, but at least it doesn't disappoint! I guess with the low cost of the aspirin mask, I'm coming out about right :::shrug::: Love it!!

on 4/28/2004 7:20:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is the best buffing cream in the world! Its called a buffing cream not an exfoliator because its very mild and its just enough to leave your face fresh, dirt-free and polished. I will continue buying this until forever!!

on 4/24/2004 5:04:00 AM

I received a sample of this from a lovely MUAer and I am so glad she sent it to me. This stuff is great!!! I have sensitive normal to dry skin with clogged pores on the T-zone and it works very well on me. I like the creamy texture and small, but effective beads.

on 3/18/2004 12:44:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is one of the worst exfoliators I've ever used. First, the texture is similar to Kiehl's Buffing Cream- the exfoliating particles are very gentle and it's in a cream base. I find it too gentle to actually do anything for my skin!!! Also, I can't stand the heavy fragrance- it's very sharp and nausiating. Like most Caudalie products, I found this to be very mediocre and over priced.

on 3/7/2004 11:09:00 AM

I am very disappointed in this product- I didn't find it gentle at all! The beads felt sharp and jagged on my skin.The scent is also overpowering in my opinion, and just a bad idea in a product targeted towards sensitive skin.
A big let down for me.

on 12/15/2003 3:12:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

This is really an ABOVE AVERAGE gentle scrub. A wonderful lady on the Skincare boards recommended this to me as I was looking for a gently scrub that did not tear my face apart. Prior to buying this I had been using Clinique 7 day scrub with terrible results. This scrub does an effective job of exfoliating without causing any irritation or scaring which I oftenly experienced with other products. While it cost a bit more than other scrubs on the market in its class, it is worth every penny. This is a must have for people with sensitive skin who do not want to rely 100% on BHA solutions. I will definately buy again & again.

Popular Face Skincare Products