October 21, 2014 | 977 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Matte lipstick in Mauve It Over [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2013 2:52:00 AM More reviews by Jloves

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I just bought this lipstick today and i love it!!! i heard about all the reviews and i had been searching for a pretty nude lipstick for days!! the color is very pretty and natural. It makes your lips feel moisturized and makes them look fuller and plumpier! i think it would suit any skintone and even if you have pigmented lips this is for you! i highly reccommend this lipstick!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2013 1:08:00 AM More reviews by KarmaEls

Spend a lot of time and money finding a nude lipstick that fit me, and HERE IT IS. I'm kinda fair so when I put the nude lipstick on, it make me look like, i dont know.... Dead person??? But with this one, I'm alive. Natural, elegant, I'm falling in love with it:)))))

rated 3 of 5 on 1/6/2013 8:01:00 PM More reviews by 90sprincess

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is EXACTLY my lip color. I was going through my make up and trying to minimize my collection, and I was pretty close to throwing this lipstick away. Nothing is wrong with it (I love the Revlon Matte line), but I never use it because it matches my lip color perfectly, so why bother? I put it on to make sure I didn't want to keep it, and changed my mind. It evens out my lips and makes me look more polished so I'll keep it on hand. It's a nice formula and I love matte lips. I doubt I'll be reaching for it very much, but it's nice to have just in case. I think for someone with darker skin than myself this would make the perfect, natural-looking nude, and I highly recommend it. It's just way too close to my natural lip color to really do anything for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2013 3:36:00 PM More reviews by SickSexFix

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

I love this lipstick. I got the shade sight unseen from a popular beauty wholesale website. I first heard about it through Lisa Eldridge's videos. When I saw the shade in the tube, I was worried it'd be a bit too dark for my pigmented lips and would look too drab but I'm really happy to report that it's the perfect MLBB shade. When I first put it on I asked my mom what she thought about my lipstick and she just said "It doesn't look like you put anything on."
    When I look at it, it looks like an opaque beigey coral color, the shade looks incredibly natural on me, no lip liner needed.
    However, the best part about it is it isn't a pink nude! I have tons of nude pink and beige pink lipsticks. With my complexion (MAC NC 35-40) corals look more natural and that's why I'm so happy with this lipstick!
    The shade "Mauve it over" is completely misleading as there is no mauve, purple or grey in this AT ALL.
    The formula is a bit drying though, I will admit. It dries on my lips to a matte powdery finish but I still feel a bit of a creaminess when I rub my lips together. It does wear a very long time so I'm happy with that. It does accentuate flakes and go into the lip lines (which I have a lot of) so you have to exfoliate and moisturize before putting this on. Sometimes I use my face or eye primer on my lips before and it works well at keeping it looking smooth.
    I want to mention that even if you pair this with a lip balm or a gloss, it'll still go into your lip lines if you have a general problem with matte lipsticks doing that (I do). You have to remove it, moisturize, blot, then reapply. It doesn't clump though (a huge problem I have with most matte lipsticks), so I'm keeping it!
    *Edit* I just wanted to mention the prohibitive price of Revlon where I live. It's like $10 here (exchange rate) for this lipstick. WTF Revlon? Seriously.

If my review helped you, click yes below!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2012 8:26:00 PM More reviews by alextuthreefour

I absolutely LOVE this lipstick! I reach for it over my pricier lipsticks because of the texture. It is matte, meaning no shimmer no sheen but it is not drying whatsoever.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/26/2012 9:40:00 PM More reviews by Sayers

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This pulls orange in a bad way. Ended up looking flat and cakey.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2012 9:34:00 AM More reviews by danai

For me, this is definitely a winner. It's a spot on my-lips-but-better shade on me, and, consequently, it works perfectly with my skin tone and it's all I need to make my face look more awake and polished.
    Not much else to say, except I love the Revlon nude formula to bits, as it's stable and flattering and leaves room for adding the amount of shine you want with lip gloss.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2012 7:02:00 PM More reviews by thelovebelow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I just tried this lipstick for the first time like two minutes ago, but I'm so pleased with it I had to review it! I agree with those who said this really isn't mauve, but more of a peachy nude color, but the color is really gorgeous. I was afraid it might look a little orange on me but it's the perfect nude color. The formula is pretty creamy but definitely moisturize your lips before applying it! I've always been a fan of the packaging too, it's clean and simple, unlike a lot of other drugstore lipsticks. This was my first matte lipstick too and it's one I'll be buying over and over!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2012 9:13:00 AM More reviews by indahramadhani

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

just bought this lipstick couple days ago, and it felt sooo amazing on my lips, it covers all the lines and very pigmented, the lack of this lipstick was only it can caused the dryness on the lips after few hours applying. But it can be managed by applying lipbalm before it. Overall, love the shade, love the classic packaging, love how it works on my lips,, this is my new HG lipstick that MUST be available on my desk. :*

rated 4 of 5 on 9/3/2012 11:33:00 PM More reviews by skoenig526

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is my go to nude lipstick when I want something on the darker side. It is a super smooth lipstick despite the fact that it is matte. I have repurchased this color many times and will many more. Just a heads up, this color can be a tad bit drying and will emphasize already dry and flakey lips so it's a good idea to exfoliate as well as moisturizing before putting this color on.