December 21, 2014 | 866 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Matte Lipstick - Pink About It [DISCONTINUED]

image 0image 1image 2

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2010 1:25:00 PM More reviews by TiggerLily

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I live in a very dry climate, and lip balm before applying this makes it silkkkky smooth. I think it's probably meant for more olive skin tones, but the colour to me appears to me to be similar to the new coco rouge, just for warmer skin tones. I hope they do make this a regular line, there are no other lipsitcks I would wear on an everyday basis. Purrty

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2010 9:46:00 PM More reviews by MissDizzle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Such a great color! Its so fun for the summer months now. Texture is great. Goes on super smoothly and the color pigmentation is fantastic. No odors/taste. Can put it thinly or a more heavily for a more dramatic look. Will definately be buying more from this line.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/7/2010 4:34:00 PM More reviews by guinnrm

Definitely in love with the Revlon matte lipsticks, a nice change from sparkly lip products (although if sparkly is your thing, they look great with lipgloss over them too).

Like others have said, the lipstick is super smooth, doesn't smell or taste bad (or at all, really), and the staying power is decent.

Pink About It seems to be a midtone between the Pink Pout and Strawberry Suede. There's a slightly orange tone too. Overall I think it's a very pretty spring/summery color, definitely something different.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2010 3:42:00 PM More reviews by desertwaya

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a CRAZY pink! I love it,its like a strawberry color that usually scares me off but i was feeling bold the day i bought it & wanted to try something different. Boy was this different lol. I put Money,Honey gloss over it & it was so in your face pretty! Great summer or spring color or for those nights you just want to say "hey look at me!"

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2010 10:46:00 PM More reviews by thecharm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Not going to lie: I have a disease, and the only cure is more bright, super hard to pull off lipsticks. Now, I can't always pull off tangerine or fuschias or pink, but dang it if I don't do my best and give them all a college try. Revlon Matte l/s in Pink About It is one of those very, super hard to pull off lipsticks. It just is. (I'm NW10ish-15, so a lot of things are hard to pull off..) The reason is because it is bright. It's brighter IRL than any swatch I've ever seen of it. It's a bit coral for those of us with really cool skintones, and it's a bit pink for those of you with warm skintones who have trouble finding pinks that look good. However, it's a unique shade--very watermelon punch. It's got a velvety matte texture with great pigmentation and decent wear. You put it on and you're transformed into "whimsical summer pinup," a la Physicians Formula ads. For me, it's fun and hard to say no to.

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2010 3:19:00 PM More reviews by roxy069

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Favorite lipstick in the world. I love how it's matte, creamy, and stays on for a long time. I'm glad that Revlon made the matte line a permanent one so I can use this forever. I hate nude lipsticks, and I'm always going for a bold lip but I can always tone this color down. It's so versatile. I heard around the grapevine that it only costs 2 USD to produce most lipsticks so I would never pay for a YSL lipstick that costs 32 USD. This is affordable and available in pretty much all drugstores. The color is pretty much a corally hot pink but once blended on your lips, it's not cheesy Barbie hot pink. It's surprisingly wearable.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2009 8:10:00 PM More reviews by modernabsurdity

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love that the pinks and reds from this line are so retro, especially this shade. I don't do much pink anymore but after reading the reviews on here I decided to give it a shot. I love Pink About It, it's straight out of 1960! I was initially afraid it wouldn't jive with my hair and skin since it looked so loud in the tube. But once I put it on, it was fabulous. It brightens my face and looks quite nice with my copper-auburn hair.

On me, it shows up as a light to medium pink coral. Not too orange, not too pink, just right. The key to applying this is to first pat it on then I do a gentle swipe on my lower and upper lip. If you cake it on you'll look like you belong in Boca Raton playing shuffleboard. Moderation is key. This is not an everyday color I'd swipe on to go run errands in, but with the right outfit it looks great. Pair it with some winged dark brown liner and you'd get a Betty Draper at a tiki party/summer BBQ look. :) Doubt I'll go through the entire tube before it has to be tossed, but I would buy again. Don't be afraid to try it. Got mine at Wal Mart for around $6.

Love, love, love the matte line!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/22/2009 3:38:00 AM More reviews by thecurlyloon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I am in love with this color! I normally hate bright colored lipstick but this one is just perfect for my lighter complexion the only thing I would change is that the lipstick can be drying.

Also Revlon doesn't test on animals! :-3

rated 4 of 5 on 9/25/2009 5:12:00 AM More reviews by spaceagemouse

I typically don't wear lipstick, but I've been experimenting more lately. After a seeing few episodes of Mad Men, I had an intense desire to try out a bright, soft, matte lip. This lipstick is so pretty! Kind of scary in the tube, as it looks like a very bright hot pink, and I'd say that it applies pretty true to that, too. I like to tap it onto my medium pigmented lips to get a softer flush, since it's quite pigmented. Be sure to wear a balm under this or it will accentuate flakes (but any matte makeup will do this if your skin isn't properly moisturized). I like how it doesn't feel too dry once it's on, and it lasts for quite a while. It wears off pretty evenly, so that by the end of the night, your lips still look soft and rosy like you'd just been kissed. :) Oh yeah! And I like the packaging too. It's simple, but the matte black tube is very sleek, feels nice, and reflects the nature of the product inside. Plus, the window at the end is super handy to see the color of the lipstick. I don't know why more brands don't do this!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/16/2009 4:37:00 PM More reviews by GryphonLovesLipstick

I love the look of matte/creamy lipsticks so was excited to try this line. This one (like the Nude Attitude that I also bought and ended up throwing away) is no good if my lips are even a little flaky or dry, but I really like the color, a bright coral pink. It's pretty but also quite flat and unnatural, so I find it looks best when patted on lightly for a subtle retro look. Wearing it always makes me feel a little more chic.

I have to say I far prefer the (now discontinued) moist matte lipsticks from Milani, which were a little creamier and had shades with more depth.