April 20, 2014 | 1023 users online

Eye Shadow - Urban Decay - Sustainable Shadow Box

rated 2 of 5 on 9/23/2010 9:16:00 PM More reviews by ChocolatePeach

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

After hearing so much about UD cosmetics, this is the first product I purchased from them. The colors in this pallet are pretty and the sparkle/glitter is what drew me to the product. I swatched the shadows on my hand in the store and they were very pigmented. Problem is, the fallout was horrible. I have used shadows w/glitter before and never had this issue. I had glitter all over my face all day and my eyes were slightly irritated from this product. I took this pallet back to Sephora & exchanged it for another pallet w/different colors & less sparkle.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2010 7:14:00 PM More reviews by anastacy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm kinda sad that so many ple don't like this palette. I love it. I bought this primarily because it was the only palette other that the Alice in Wonerland Book of Shadows that had most othe UD e/s I had my eye on for a while, they are Half Baked, Twice Baked, Midnight Cowboy Rides Again, Flash and Flipside. I also had my eyes on Smog, Mildew and Zero. Anyways, I think the colors are highly pigmented and very blendable. One morning I put Chocolat (Stila) in my crease and put Half Baked on the inner 2/3 rds of my lid and Twice Baked on the outer 1/3 rd. I've never done my e/s so fast. Very very blendable. I used Flipside another time as a pop of color on the bottom lid, beautiful. The e/s are very rich and dual and multi toned. Flipside and Flash have that quality. I've heard bad things about Uzi before and I've ever used it so I can't say. I do see the chunky glitter everyone's talking about I'm sure I could find a use for it.

The bamboo design is beautiful but that swivel is sort of inconvenient. The Brush is not as bad as pple said it is. I thought it as was going to be cheap and scratchy. It is a bit flimsy but the bristles are soft. It could be used for a eyelining, not much else.

I understand that the amount of product in eash e/s pan is about half of the e/s in other regular UD palettes. I guess what youre paying for is that Bamboo packaging. I really didnt mind because I really appreciate the mix of bright colours with the neutrals. It could be used for any occasion. Besides the product that you get is genorous enough to last a while.

Beware that there are no matte shades but this palette is still a good introduction to Urban Decay if you've never had any of their other palettes. You wouldn't be disappointed.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/12/2010 8:25:00 PM More reviews by jace1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I found that the overall quality of these shadows were extremely poor. The first time I used them there was eyeshadow fallout everywhere! I brushed it off, yet a couple hours later there was more glitter fallout on my cheek. I would never buy again. The brush can only be used for eyeliner.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/20/2010 10:06:00 PM More reviews by SeeJayKayy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

First off, the only reason I wouldn't buy this product again is because I don't use make-up that often, this is enough for me. Secondly, I just bought another palette from UD on sale at Ulta with six of the same colors. :)

Moving on, the price was only so-so. The UDPP sample that came with it really is a sample. Luckily, I own my own UDPP in Sin (<3). The box itself it very pretty, but the mirror in my opinion is pointless. They could have used that space to either; 1) not use it, make it even more sustainable, or 2) add more shadows, yay! Sadly, that didn't happen. :P Another thing that annoyed me was the way to open it. Whenever I travel, I was always so scared the hinge would go flying off, and had to take extra caution with this. (Which is the main reason I bought my second palette.)

The shadows that come with the box are beautiful, though. A lot of people have a problem with UZI's glitter, but I do think it works on me. :) Grifter is a really pretty color, and when paired with Flash, the two are great! Blend a little, and you're done. :)

The brush that comes with the kit is handy. I actually do like it, I don't see why there's so much hate on it. It is soft enough, and resilient enough... I don't want my eye shadow brushes to be too soft. It keeps its' shape really well, too.

:) sorry for it being so long!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2010 8:27:00 PM More reviews by kristiwashere

First, I will sadly note that my dog chewed apart my palette; he only destroyed one shade (Twice Baked) but somehow completely destroyed the wooden parts! Ugh. Anyways, I love this palette! It's the first higher-end makeup I've bought -ever - and has completely changed the way I do my makeup. I used to stick to light, taupe & brown shades for my eyes, but I bought this shadow box because I wanted to move out of my comfort zone!

The shadows are a great quality (except Uzi, for some reason it is useless to me - no color payoff, barely even deposits any glitter, so for me its a waste) and for the price I think you're getting enough product. The sample-sized primer potion of kind of a joke, definitely sample sized, and the brush is in no way good for applying shadows - i actually have started using it to apply gel liner (for some reason I like it better than my slanted liner brush!) So there's a thought. But you have a great starter kit here - play with pinks, purples, golds, metallics (YDK is my fav), smoke it out, go light, go blue, and considering it has 10 shadows it's kind of a better deal than similiar priced UD palettes with only 6-9. Thats why I bought this one :) and at barely the cost of 2 regular UD shadows, it's a great purchase, though definitely not for any neutral-loving people.

**I said I would not purchase again, not because of any issues, but because I will probably just purchase a newer shadowbox available and if I love any certain shades enough I'll buy the full-size!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/24/2010 11:54:00 PM More reviews by catchfireflies

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this palette from my sister in the middle of my make-up hype, and I was pretty 50/50 about it. First off, the packaging: The packaging was super cute, the whole bamboo look was nice but the swivel-magnetic cover was kinda' awkward to work with, especially in make-up tutorials, but cute nonetheless. It came with a small little brush, I did try it for the first time to apply the eyeshadow, it didn't work out for me, since it was so tiny! I used it more so as a small little crease brush or to apply green concealer on small pimples. And it came with a pretty useless mirror on the side, I really have nothing to say about that. And it also came with a spiffy little UDPP sample which didn't last me a while.. lol. But great, nonetheless. NOW, for the eye-shadows themselves: I loved a majority of them. They all do have glitter in it, some has micro-glitter and some are just super chunky. YDK, Flipside, Twice Baked, Flash, and Half Baked are what I assume are the ones with micro-glitter since they didn't really show up suuuper chinky and they fall out wasn't bad. But on the otherhand, Midnight Cowboy Rides Again, Oil Slick, Grifter, UZI, and Kiddie Pool were soo chunky, I just never used them. They are basically new, but that's just because a lot of glitter is not my thing. But, Oil Slick I do use as eyeshadow, but almost never as eyeliner because of the glitter in it. Uzi shows up more as glitter and the white seems like a filler, somewhat. And MCRA is just super chunky, I dunno' if I would ever buy this palette again, but I will be buying YDK, Flipside, and Half Baked in fullsize. :D

rated 4 of 5 on 6/11/2010 1:27:00 PM More reviews by DarkGlamour17

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I like this palette a lot but there's a few cons I'll list at the end. FIRST OFF let's talk about the colors! <3
YDK- I didn't think I'd like this one..I LOVE IT SO MUCH!!! I'd buy it on it's own! Beeeeauutiful mocha cool color! I love it! (no glitters)
Flipside- Not as intense as I wanted it to be but it's still very pretty. Nice teal aqua greenish color :) (no gllitters)
Grifter- So i love this one! Light Lavender with little silver sparkles so pretty and delicate yet it can be ruffed up when mixed with Oil Slick ;)
Uzi- This one will not get on a brush or sponge applicator! it makes me mad. It's a light white/silver with HUGE CHUNKS of rainbow and silver glitters. It's quite pretty. :)
Twice Baked- Deep chocolate brown with itty bitty brown sparkles. Not one of my faves.. I'm not a person to wear soft warm colors. But it's pretty.
Midnight Cowboy Rides Again- This one is fall out city unless used with a sticky cream base underneath. I LOOOVE IT!!! I'm a glitter girl so this one is so much fun to me! I have the full size one too :)
Flash- POPPING PURPLE! Which I love it takes 2 or 3 coats to make it POP but it's gooorge-ous! ;) (no glitters)
Oil Slick- The name is perfect for this black. This is one of the deepest most pigmented blacks I've ever seen. It's A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!! Lots of silver glitter btw!
Kiddie Pool- This is so flippin' prettyyyy! Beautiful light blue with chunks of rainbow glitter. I love it.. it's such a light and airy blue :) :)
Half Baked- ehh it's ok I'm not a gold lover so it's not my fave. Very pretty with Twice Baked in the crease. (no glitters)

ok the cons... I don't love how this thing opens with the weird flip around top. The brush inside was useless and so is the mirror. Overall nice palette interesting colors but I'd rather just buy theone that I love in full size rather than but this again. But if you just want to try colors out then this is perfect :) :)
-DarkGlamour17

rated 3 of 5 on 6/3/2010 11:02:00 AM More reviews by xmakemeoverx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Like the wall paper shadow box by UD there are some positives and some negatives to this product. I will say that less of these shadows are completely chalked with glitter. My favorite is YDK. It's a shimmery bronze that can be applied for a natural look but can also be built up with any color eye shadow to make more of a dramatic statement. I also like Half Baked, Flash, and this Turquoise shade (blanking out on the name) a lot too. It's the shadows that are more shimmery rather than glittery that seem to work the best for me. They still have a few glittery shades that I could do without (what's the point of having Uzi in a palette anyways? It doesn't seem to stay on anyone's eyes and doesn't give out any pigment, mostly just pieces of glitter streaming down your face). The case is very environmental friendly and like the other UD cases it's very unique and pretty. However the flip top of this case is not very sturdy. It all ready fell off once so my dad had to screw it back in with a screwdriver so it would stay put. The mirror is much too small and the brush is pointless. It's rough and doesn't deposit the shadows the way you'd like it to. This is a decent shadow box but for the price, you're better off buying the colors you like separately (unless you like most or all of them then go ahead and treat yourself).

On another note, I've put this item up for swap so if you're interested in this palette, let me know and we can make a swap of some kind!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2010 10:31:00 AM More reviews by LauraJean396

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I think UD palettes are great. Affordable for the amount of colors you get! I am not a fan of the fall out I get from UD shadows but I do know tricks to help with that, so I am able to keep myself from looking a mess! There are AMAZING colors in this palette!
I only marked that I wouldnt repurchase this because I wont have to.. THe colors are so pigmented that I barely touch them so even though the shadows arent the biggest I have a feeling they will last years!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/15/2010 2:11:00 AM More reviews by DramaticMakeup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was really eager to buy this palette and couldn't wait to try it out, but come to find out that the eyeshadows are literally chunky with glitter. The fallout of glitter from the lighter eyeshadow shades is absoloutely horrible and the payoff of the shadows is a dissapointment. And it has to be said, trying to get the glitter off my face is definitely extremely annoying. But the darker shades such as Half Baked and Twice Baked are really pretty and I don't have any problems with them fall out wise, but for $50 I thought I would have gotten a better experience with the product than this, but I guess not.