Homemade Tendskin

4.6

Price: $

Price: $

5.5 oz rubbing alcohol, 26-28 uncoated aspirin, and 2.5 oz witch hazel. Mix it up in a spray or flip top bottle, let the aspirin dissolve, give it a good shake or 3. Voila!

on 3/2/2009 1:51:00 PM

Ingrowns and and occaisonal body blemish? Fuggedaboudit! This mixture really takes care of them. Not exactly the "magic bullet" for ingrowns the way real TendSkin is, you might have to reapply once or twice. But for the price...who the hell cares? My boyfriend and I constantly reach for this when nasty bumps come calling. Thanks for putting the recipe up here guys!

on 9/1/2008 1:48:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure

I think it does a good job of keeping inflammation at bay...and thus in-growns too. However, I need to emphasize that it dries out your skin so you should moisturize generously after using it. (For instance, I still got shallow in-growns on my leg because my skin was so dried out and tightened by the alcohol that the hair couldn't break through.But a good lathering of lotion corrects that.)

on 7/11/2008 3:40:00 PM

Hi.
I've bought aspirin and alcohol but I can't find witch hazel. I've searched in drugstores and all, but they only have combinations of products with witch hazel.

How does look witch hazel? Does it look like water or like shower gel/liquid soap?

When I wax a get LOTS of red bumps and I can't get rid of them, so I REALLY wanted to try the homemade tendskin. Can you please help me?

Thanks.

P.S: My english is quite bad, I'm portuguese.

on 6/26/2008 6:06:00 PM

I've only just made this recently, and only had the chance to use this twice but already I'm shocked by how well it is working! I always get really bad ugly bumps after shaving my armpits, and after just one use I noticed them drastically reduced in size. I'm quite sure with continued use this will eliminate them completely! YAY! I thought I would have to go my whole life with unsightly bumps from ingrown hairs and razor burn. I'm so glad to have found this recipe! It cost me like $8 to make, the witch hazel was the most expensive at like $5 but is a giant size bottle so I have a ton left that I can use to make several more batches in the future :) I'm very pleased so far! EDIT: I've just taken this down to 3 lippies, just because I'm not seeing any more results like I originally did. It seemed to minimize some of my ingrown hairs, but has not made them dissappear completely. I am trying Bikini Zone now and it seems to be helping.

on 6/18/2008 11:46:00 AM

This stuff did what nothing else has ever done for me -- prevented a cystic pimple. I felt one coming on and started putting this on it 3 times a day. By day three, the bump was getting smaller, instead of bigger. By day five, it was gone completely. Amazing!

I haven't had huge success with this on ingrown hairs or razor burn, but will give it some more time.

on 5/27/2008 1:48:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

Awsome! Took about 2 minutes to make. I disolved all of the aspirin in the witch hazel which took only a few seconds. Mixed it all together and voila!!!! Awesome. Immediately took the itch and sting away. Was about to go to the store to buy the tend skin, but decided to try this instead. Very happy I did!

on 5/8/2008 1:48:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Well it seems really great...

Actually I haven't tried it, but wanna ask something: does it work well without witch hazel? I can't find it in my town... I don't go online shopping due to some reason...

on 8/19/2007 11:38:00 AM

This homemade mixture works better than any other product out there. LOVE IT!!!!

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this product! I was skeptical at first because I tried other remedies (Bikini Zone, different razors and shaving creams, baby powder, deodarant, etc.) but nothing worked like mixing this stuff together. It reeks, and it burns when you apply it usually, but it works within 10 minutes! Continuous application several days after shaving helps soothe the area as well.

on 7/5/2007 8:14:00 AM

This does soothe and temporarily reduce the red bumps that waxing causes. It's also good for cuts or pimples to disinfect and reduce redness. The alcohol or witch hazel disinfects, and the aspirin loosens the dead skin that could cover the follicles and reduces swelling and redness. You still have to manually exfoliate, but this mixture does help.

Popular Body Skincare Products