September 20, 2014 | 1485 users online

Skincare - Body - Homemade Tendskin

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 7/11/2008 3:40:00 PM More reviews by jjeyed

Hi.
I've bought aspirin and alcohol but I can't find witch hazel. I've searched in drugstores and all, but they only have combinations of products with witch hazel.

How does look witch hazel? Does it look like water or like shower gel/liquid soap?

When I wax a get LOTS of red bumps and I can't get rid of them, so I REALLY wanted to try the homemade tendskin. Can you please help me?

Thanks.

P.S: My english is quite bad, I'm portuguese.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2008 6:06:00 PM More reviews by Emkat8

I've only just made this recently, and only had the chance to use this twice but already I'm shocked by how well it is working! I always get really bad ugly bumps after shaving my armpits, and after just one use I noticed them drastically reduced in size. I'm quite sure with continued use this will eliminate them completely! YAY! I thought I would have to go my whole life with unsightly bumps from ingrown hairs and razor burn. I'm so glad to have found this recipe! It cost me like $8 to make, the witch hazel was the most expensive at like $5 but is a giant size bottle so I have a ton left that I can use to make several more batches in the future :) I'm very pleased so far! EDIT: I've just taken this down to 3 lippies, just because I'm not seeing any more results like I originally did. It seemed to minimize some of my ingrown hairs, but has not made them dissappear completely. I am trying Bikini Zone now and it seems to be helping.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2008 11:46:00 AM More reviews by sunski

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This stuff did what nothing else has ever done for me -- prevented a cystic pimple. I felt one coming on and started putting this on it 3 times a day. By day three, the bump was getting smaller, instead of bigger. By day five, it was gone completely. Amazing!

I haven't had huge success with this on ingrown hairs or razor burn, but will give it some more time.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2008 1:48:00 PM More reviews by derekb15

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Awsome! Took about 2 minutes to make. I disolved all of the aspirin in the witch hazel which took only a few seconds. Mixed it all together and voila!!!! Awesome. Immediately took the itch and sting away. Was about to go to the store to buy the tend skin, but decided to try this instead. Very happy I did!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2008 1:48:00 AM More reviews by stephkys

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Well it seems really great...

Actually I haven't tried it, but wanna ask something: does it work well without witch hazel? I can't find it in my town... I don't go online shopping due to some reason...

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2007 11:38:00 AM More reviews by ef604

This homemade mixture works better than any other product out there. LOVE IT!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2007 12:45:00 AM More reviews by cherryshake290

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this product! I was skeptical at first because I tried other remedies (Bikini Zone, different razors and shaving creams, baby powder, deodarant, etc.) but nothing worked like mixing this stuff together. It reeks, and it burns when you apply it usually, but it works within 10 minutes! Continuous application several days after shaving helps soothe the area as well.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/5/2007 8:14:00 AM More reviews by Query

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This does soothe and temporarily reduce the red bumps that waxing causes. It's also good for cuts or pimples to disinfect and reduce redness. The alcohol or witch hazel disinfects, and the aspirin loosens the dead skin that could cover the follicles and reduces swelling and redness. You still have to manually exfoliate, but this mixture does help.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2007 1:47:00 PM More reviews by Elizabeth01

I hope I'm not speaking too soon, but I think I LOVE this product! I have to worst luck with shaving bumps/irritation/ingrown hairs on my lower legs and bikini line and over the past couple of years I have tried everything to get rid of them (Epilators, Waxing, BikiniZone, manual exfoliation, chemical exfoliants like lactic acid, ect.) and nothing has worked..except this! I made up a batch of this a few days ago and all the ingredients together honestly cost under 5$. I put the asprin in an old coffee grinder and I had a batch mixed up in around 2 minutes flat.. such a time/money saver! I have been applying to my legs/bikini line once or twice a day for the past 4 days and there is a significant improvement. I don't notice any new ingrowns/irritations developing and slowly but surely all the present bumps are dissapearing. I really hope this continues to work for me! Thank you everyone for providing this recipe and all your helpful reviews, I am so happy I came across this recipe!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2006 8:54:00 PM More reviews by lambert

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This does the trick every time. I mix it up in a water bottle with a prominent label on the front (don't want any mix-ups!), and apply it every other day for prevention. Thanks to those who shared the recipe. You've saved me hundreds of dollars over the years!